• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Legacy Weeks question

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning.
I’m wondering if Marriott still sells legacy weeks resale? Not looking to buy, but when we did this is what and how we bought.
Also, does anyone know if they are offering any exit programs to sell back a legacy week? Again, just curious. Not looking to sell our Surfwatch. We love it and haven’t even gotten our kids there yet.
Thank you for any info you may have and have a great day!
Dee

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone more knowledgeable will answer you but this link to a recent thread will get you started.
New MVC properties opened in the US have been points only- no weeks owners.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you are planning to do a hybrid purchase (points and week), there is no reason to buy from Marriott as they are not eligible to enroll for points which would be the only reason to pay the mark up.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott does still act as a broker to sell weeks for owners. These are usually sold in bundle/hybrid packages, but I am sure some people come along and just want a week. I have heard that Marriott now takes a 50% commission through their resale program.

wballoni

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean platinum
Marriott offered my parents a buy-back for their 5 weeks... for $10 a week. If you are desperate to get rid of week(s) then this would be a great deal. In this case I asked to take a week from them as a gift, as did my siblings. If you are desperate to get rid of a week, call and ask, it can't hurt. But there is no guarantee Marriott will offer a buy back.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can indeed buy enrolled resale weeks (I did 3 years ago, and reasonable cheaply), Caribbean and Spain at a minimum. Not sure about Asia.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can indeed buy enrolled resale weeks (I did 3 years ago, and reasonable cheaply), Caribbean and Spain at a minimum. Not sure about Asia.
As you say yes for Caribbean and Spain, but I believe no for Asia as any inventory returned to MVC there will be conveyed to the Asia Pacific (AP) Points Programme and sold as AP Points.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning.
I’m wondering if Marriott still sells legacy weeks resale? Not looking to buy, but when we did this is what and how we bought.
Also, does anyone know if they are offering any exit programs to sell back a legacy week? Again, just curious. Not looking to sell our Surfwatch. We love it and haven’t even gotten our kids there yet.
Thank you for any info you may have and have a great day!
Dee
Assume no buy back option. While they may or may not take it back, it would not be guaranteed and if they do, would be for nothing or almost nothing. What are your goals and timeline?

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. Thank you. So I emailed and my response was that I would have to list it now and hope it sells by September, as now 2022 years are selling. If after September I would have to pay 2022 MF’s and of course retain use of my year. Right now if I were to list it and if it were to sell, I would get 50% of the price they’re telling me it’s worth. They have no info if this would be the same if it’s after September. I’m not so sure we’re ready to let go though. Good info, but probably not going to do it yet.

Dee

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
Hi. Thank you. So I emailed and my response was that I would have to list it now and hope it sells by September, as now 2022 years are selling. If after September I would have to pay 2022 MF’s and of course retain use of my year. Right now if I were to list it and if it were to sell, I would get 50% of the price they’re telling me it’s worth. They have no info if this would be the same if it’s after September. I’m not so sure we’re ready to let go though. Good info, but probably not going to do it yet.

Dee
If I were going to sell my SW (I also own SW) I would never give it back to Marriott, or have them sell it for 50%of the price. You could sell it on RedWeek for a lot more money or you could rent it on RedWeek until you decide what to do. Good luck.

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were going to sell my SW (I also own SW) I would never give it back to Marriott, or have them sell it for 50%of the price. You could sell it on RedWeek for a lot more money or you could rent it on RedWeek until you decide what to do. Good luck.

Hi. I understand and don’t necessarily disagree with you. However we tried Redweek and received zero interest (rental for Easter week). Don’t know if we would have better luck selling on it but the prices for weeks listed for sale weren’t that high for gold season. I haven’t checked in awhile so perhaps they’re up since. We are not listing it now. Going to keep our 2022 week. We’re already booked for spring break :)