• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Lakeshore Reserve - Tips, Requests, Advice?

2Pale2Tan

Reaction score
Hi all! We just confirmed our rental at Lakeshore Reserve for the first week of May. We've never stayed at this property before and some of the information on here is a bit outdated. We opted for Lakeshore for the smaller size compared to Grande Vista, since we have no children and are looking to relax.

Can anyone offer some advice on best buildings/sections to request? We are hoping for quiet, as we don't love hearing the noise from the pool. If anyone could offer any other advice or tips for this property, I am all ears. I know you get (limited to weekdays due to Covid) access to the JW pools/restaurants and used to get Ritz access. I do know the Ritz pool is closed right now for renovation, no idea when that will be open or if the access will ever be restored.

Thanks a lot! Always appreciate the insight and knowledge this board has to offer.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
Hi all! We just confirmed our rental at Lakeshore Reserve for the first week of May. We've never stayed at this property before and some of the information on here is a bit outdated. We opted for Lakeshore for the smaller size compared to Grande Vista, since we have no children and are looking to relax.

Can anyone offer some advice on best buildings/sections to request? We are hoping for quiet, as we don't love hearing the noise from the pool. If anyone could offer any other advice or tips for this property, I am all ears. I know you get (limited to weekdays due to Covid) access to the JW pools/restaurants and used to get Ritz access. I do know the Ritz pool is closed right now for renovation, no idea when that will be open or if the access will ever be restored.

Thanks a lot! Always appreciate the insight and knowledge this board has to offer.
I believe the Ritz pool resurfacing was last year.

Do you know what room type you booked? There are quite a few different types and that will play a large part in what your options are location wise. In general, I would say the only area that is not adjacent to the pool is Palermo, so if you had a corresponding room type, you could request that.

I've also heard (through the rumor mill) that rooms will be getting a much needed refurbishment in 2022. I don't know when or if it's even true, but something to look out for.

As far as the relaxing/having no kids part, Lakeshore is pretty small so it's probably the best you're going to do in Orlando. IMO, there will still be a higher concentration of kids then other destinations just because of the nature of the local attractions. I have two small children, and we usually visit LS twice a year.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
There are several different types of units there and that will help determine where you can be. We had a 2BR, not deluxe on DC points back in 2019. We had an end unit in the Palermo building facing the Bamboo hedge row (which keeps you from seeing the gravel parking lot / storage area between LR and the JW. We were on the "lake" front, but it's not much there. It was really quiet other than the fireworks night at the JW which we enjoyed.

The resort in general is pretty quiet so I don't think anything that faces the pool would be crazy or anything.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There are something like 12 different unit types (not also counting ADA). So much about placement will be determined by exactly what unit type was booked. Only one side of one building really overlooks a pool (Messina).

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
The most crowded I have ever seen the pool was when we visited during Covid in 2020. There must have been about 100 people in the pool area. Rooms facing the pool are not real noisy. The noisest is by the tower with the slides as they have a speaker there and the lifeguards play music. All in all it is a real tame property.

melroseman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We typically request Messina building, facing away from the pool for a one bedroom or lock-off. As an aside, for anyone visiting here soon, we bought a car seat and booster car seat while our grandchildren were here. We plan to leave them with the front desk or concierge. Hope someone can use them...we are leaving Saturday