• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Kauai and in general

mlpmd56

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been watching with interest the debate on whether now is a good time to buy Marriott, and I believe it is. I am wondering what people know about a coming special assessment in Kauai? Also, does Marriott Kauai trade close to as well as Maui Marriott? II rates them both well, but Tuggers are the voice of experience. I also travel for work (I cover for other doctors one weekend a month) and over the last 3 years I have noted a decline in the Marriotts I stay in. Last weekend there were pubic hairs and mold in the shower, and my small refrigerator had no adjustment knob and froze and exploded my soda. In addition, they used to give me late checkout at 4 pm (due to the fact that I am often up all night working) and now will only extend checkout to 1 pm. So I am less satisfied than before with their service, but LOVE to travel to new places and want high trading priority. My husband and I now go to Hawaii every year and do love the Maui Schooner. We would probably trade our Marriott every other year. I know all the arguments about MF, etc. Thanks in advance for all advice. Marcy

wa.mama

TUG Member
Reaction score
No special assessment that I know of for the Waiohai, but it sounds like you're talking about the Kauai Beach Club property? I would not purchase Waiohai for trading as it does not lock off.

Bill4728

Reaction score
the Marriott Kauai Beach Club property just completed a 3 year special assessment. It is hard to believe that there would be another one so soon.

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
Are you talking about the new escalating real estate tax that Kauai is discussing placing on timeshare owners? I hope there are no more special assesments to the Kauai Beach Club property!