• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott hotel stay with titanium benefit

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
We are using a free night award for a stay in Las Vegas. We have the titanium level with our MVC ownership but it is tied to my reward number. The free night we are using is tied to my husband's reward number(only has gold status with that card) because it has an earlier expiration date. Will we still get the complimentary breakfast if the night is under my husband's reward number? I will be there too.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would suspect that since it is under his account, the benefits will be based on his gold status. That said, I wouldn't count on much of a breakfast benefit at a US based hotel anyway. We are only ever offered continental breakfast on our last three stays. Only once did we get a hot breakfast and that was because they screwed us over on our Suite Night Award.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I would suspect that since it is under his account, the benefits will be based on his gold status. That said, I wouldn't count on much of a breakfast benefit at a US based hotel anyway. We are only ever offered continental breakfast on our last three stays. Only once did we get a hot breakfast and that was because they screwed us over on our Suite Night Award.
I am going to disagree, I stay frequently in Marriott hotel properties and most of them have free hot breakfast for at least Platinum and above. It varies a bit by brand, and (somewhat ironically) I've had the worst luck with breakfast at some of the high-end brands (though most of the time they have great free breakfast for elites too.)

In the last several Marriott (brand) hotels I stayed, they had very substantial hot breakfast buffets. In the last couple of Renaissance hotels, they had hot waiter-served breakfast.

And ironically (again) in the lower-end properties like Fairfield Inn, they have free buffet breakfast for ALL guests, not just elites.

I think you must have just had bad luck, or maybe I've had particularly good luck. But for me at least, being Titanium has been worthwhile (though not that different from Platinum.)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am going to disagree, I stay frequently in Marriott hotel properties and most of them have free hot breakfast for at least Platinum and above. It varies a bit by brand, and (somewhat ironically) I've had the worst luck with breakfast at some of the high-end brands (though most of the time they have great free breakfast for elites too.)

In the last several Marriott (brand) hotels I stayed, they had very substantial hot breakfast buffets. In the last couple of Renaissance hotels, they had hot waiter-served breakfast.

And ironically (again) in the lower-end properties like Fairfield Inn, they have free buffet breakfast for ALL guests, not just elites.

I think you must have just had bad luck, or maybe I've had particularly good luck. But for me at least, being Titanium has been worthwhile (though not that different from Platinum.)
My wife and I are both Titanium, our last three experiences; Tampa Marriott Water Street, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverfront and the Westin Jekyll Island, all offered continental breakfast only at checkin. Perhaps the front desk is underselling it as a continental breakfast so we take the points instead?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are both Titanium, our last three experiences; Tampa Marriott Water Street, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverfront and the Westin Jekyll Island, all offered continental breakfast only at checkin. Perhaps the front desk is underselling it as a continental breakfast so we take the points instead?
I find that many of the hotel staff don't understand the difference between continental breakfast vs. American breakfast. Most of the US hotels do have some sort of hot buffet breakfast in the lounge. Some offer fixed $ amount that goes towards a sit-down breakfast at their restaurant if they don't have a lounge.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I find that many of the hotel staff don't understand the difference between continental breakfast vs. American breakfast. Most of the US hotels do have some sort of hot buffet breakfast in the lounge. Some offer fixed $ amount that goes towards a sit-down breakfast at their restaurant if they don't have a lounge.
The only property that had a lounge, the lounge was closed because it was a weekend. Another offered the $10 credit toward F&B. The staff when "selling" the continental breakfast mentioned only pastries and such. So they had some sort of grasp. Most our stays are just a single night, so the loss of breakfast isn't a big deal as we are usually just getting up and then leaving. Breakfast benefits are much better in international locations in just about every regard.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP

I agree with this. Stayed at JW Marriott Marco island and got full buffet breakfast.
Stayed at St Regis Bal Harbour and got full buffet breakfast.
stayed at Courtyard Savannah historic district and got full breakfast from their ala cart menu ( not good though ) the Westin in Savannah also gives you full breakfast.
I could go on.
So it really depends.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Yes, I think that you should get breakfast. Mention your Titanium status at check-in. Also, you might want to go to the Bonvoy website prior to your stay, open the reservation in his Bonvoy account, and see if you can add your name as a guest (second person in the room) to his reservation.

The potential for a room upgrade is a different issue. That would be based on his Gold status.

Last edited:

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
We are using a free night award for a stay in Las Vegas. We have the titanium level with our MVC ownership but it is tied to my reward number. The free night we are using is tied to my husband's reward number(only has gold status with that card) because it has an earlier expiration date. Will we still get the complimentary breakfast if the night is under my husband's reward number? I will be there too.

The gold benefits will apply as it's under his account, so comp breakfast isn't likely. You can certainly mention your status to see if the hotel will extend it, but that would only be if they're feeling generous.

As others have noted, the benefit technically only offers a continental breakfast (so it can be pretty basic), but many hotels will offer a small upcharge to a full breakfast, and other hotels (particularly in the luxury segment, excluding Ritz-Carltons), will enhance the benefit and provide a full hot breakfast/buffet.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The gold benefits will apply as it's under his account, so comp breakfast isn't likely. You can certainly mention your status to see if the hotel will extend it, but that would only be if they're feeling generous.

As others have noted, the benefit technically only offers a continental breakfast (so it can be pretty basic), but many hotels will offer a small upcharge to a full breakfast, and other hotels (particularly in the luxury segment, excluding Ritz-Carltons), will enhance the benefit and provide a full hot breakfast/buffet.
According to the TPG article linked in post #7, Ritz properties offer no breakfast benefit.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that a Bonvoy elite member is awarded the perks of their status, regardless of the name on the room reservation.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Wonder how much I could make per reservation by "pimping" my Titanium status out?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never only received a continental breakfast. Maybe just lucky but the hotels I have stayed at have always been hot buffet breakfasts. (Except during Covid when all the breakfast offering really sucked.)

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just stayed at Soringhill in Springdale Utah, they have a full American breakfast for all.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We just stayed at Soringhill in Springdale Utah, they have a full American breakfast for all.
They do, but that isn't necessarily what is being discussed in this thread. Several brands offer hot breakfast for everyone.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in San Francisco on a certificate in my account (no status). I explained to the associate that my husband was Titanium. He gave us the free breakfast buffet (value $45) and it was delicious!

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
It's my understanding that a Bonvoy elite member is awarded the perks of their status, regardless of the name on the room reservation.
I’ve just called titanium elite customer support and was told that only if it is booked with the titianium elite number can we get the benefit. Perhaps in practice some hotels will give the benefit of titanium membership when you check in even though not officially required to.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had it both ways. Full breakfast and strict continental breakfast. Depends on the brand to some degree with some variability from property to property. I'd mention the status at check in and see if you can get them to take the higher option. It might be worth changing the rewards number at check in but that might have a risk of invalidating the free night.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I’ve just called titanium elite customer support and was told that only if it is booked with the titianium elite number can we get the benefit. Perhaps in practice some hotels will give the benefit of titanium membership when you check in even though not officially required to.
Yes. So ask nicely and you likely will get it but if you don't, you can't go over their head and demand it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Got the first "hot" breakfast offer at checkin recently at the Marriott Stanton South Beach in Miami. We were there for two days of rain before a cruise. Their restaurant is "sit down" and the freebie breakfast is off a "special menu", not the full menu. It was very lackluster. We only went to it one morning of the two. I wish we had taken the points! As for the restaurant, I don't understand why most restaurants (and even cruise ships) can't make French Toast. I shouldn't have dry bread in the middle. Our Celebrity Cruise we were just on looked like they just used Wonder Bread for their French Toast even though they have a wonderful fresh baked bread selection in their bakery at the buffet. I have learned that only I make decent french toast!

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Some hotels may only offer the continental breakfast to Platinum and Titanium, but at every one of those, when we are seated, they have always offered us an upgrade to the full hot breakfast or buffet for a nominal upcharge - like $5 or so. No brainer.

dj_drf

TUG Member
Reaction score
(Titanium here) - I've found many desk clerks are quite willing to be generous if you give them a chance to do something nice for you - by asking nicely. I've been able to get breakfast certificates for extra party members (beyond my wife and I), breakfast upgrades, and occasionally comp'd valet parking (unless it is run by an external vendor). It never hurts to inquire, but still be prepared for a polite "this is something I'm not able to do."