• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Hotel question...

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when hotel inventory/schedules are released?

It's not like MVC in which 365 days out, days are released one day at a time. I can't seem to figure out how they do it. Trying to book a vacation for 2019 in a high demand area. Wanted to get in on the first day if possible.

Thanks so anyone that can help me figure this out!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been tracking since I like to get all our travel logistics completed as soon as possible, about 11 months out, but dates seem to be released a week at a time.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any idea what day of the week they seem to release the new 11th month week? Or is there no rhyme or reason to it?

Is it also at 9am EST? Or does that vary too?

Thanks so much!!

I have been tracking since I like to get all our travel logistics completed as soon as possible, about 11 months out, but dates seem to be released a week at a time.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call the hotel manager and ask when the dates will be released.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was simply checking everyday and did not pay attention as to the time and day of week. The challenge I have is that those are usually international locations, so I really could not track by day and time.

I was particularly stressed over the last 2 points bookings but booked them fine. One was in Singapore in Dec of this year at the downtown shopping belt where Christmas lightings happen each year, which is a major event. The other was before Christmas and through Christmas in Hong Kong for this year.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I have found booking hotel stays within 9 months is usually not a problem. Over 9 months I have found to be hit or miss depending on the location/property.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ever tried to book the closest Marriott to say: the Super Bowl?

The Final Four?

Mardi Gras?

9 months doesn't work.
11 months beyond day 1 doesn't work.

Thus my trying to figure out when inventory is released. :(

I have found booking hotel stays within 9 months is usually not a problem. Over 9 months I have found to be hit or miss depending on the location/property.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The Final Four?

Mardi Gras?

9 months doesn't work.

I thought that might be what you were planning. Maybe go outside to sources like AirBnB?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From my experience, Marriott reservation desk was not helpful as to when hotels would open up for booking.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Working on Platinum Status. Don't want to stay outside of the Marriott umbrella. :(

I thought that might be what you were planning. Maybe go outside to sources like AirBnB?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Gonna be tough.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

The Final Four?

Mardi Gras?

9 months doesn't work.

For that situation they often don't release inventory at all or release very little. I'd always have a backup plan in place up front for cash, other options or staying at hotels that were not quite as close to the event.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I have seen historically. Sadly.

If this is the case (and seems to be so) where does the inventory go? They aren't empty on those dates.

Any ideas?

For that situation they often don't release inventory at all or release very little. I'd always have a backup plan in place up front for cash, other options or staying at hotels that were not quite as close to the event.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I have seen historically. Sadly.

If this is the case (and seems to be so) where does the inventory go? They aren't empty on those dates.

Any ideas?
All to cash in those instances. It appears the resort has the option to release or not to based on what I've seen though I don't have any inside knowledge of that.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as I know BIG draw weeks like the Super Bowl are never released for MR points. I have tried unsuccessfully to do it many years in a row. I finally called Marriott and they told me they block out dates they know will be big cash sellers.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I'm paying cash. Always do for big events. Still have a hard time finding a room anywhere close to the event venue. Just want to learn the tricks of the trade to get in on these so I don't have to stay 20 miles away at an underwhelming property.