• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Grande Vista resort bad reviews?

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
We agree about the on-site food. The pool bar by the main pool was the worst. Could be because we went on a Saturday night when they were pretty busy. Got a good meal at the other pool bar (Copa Loca?). We also had good food at the on-site restaurant.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in a studio unit in building 89 and it was an unpleasant experience. The room held humidity at a 75%+ level despite it being January and not hot or humid outside... No exhaust fan or HVAC vent in the bathroom. The kitchenette area was crudely constructed and ugly. When the HVAC came on it sounded like a truck driving by the windows and could wake you up. The resort is under the flight path for the Orlando airport when they are routing arriving planes to fly to the south past the airport to land to the north and at times I had a plane flying over my building at relatively low altitude every minute or two. Finally despite the fact that I was looking out at some sort of open green space, I could hear very loud car and motorcycle traffic coming from the local major roads which was a head scratcher since I was towards the back of the property but the noise was absolutely there, and I could hear it clearly with the balcony door closed.

The entire experience reminded me of when I was a young kid and we used to stay in cheap Florida motels by the beach. Ok when I was 6 but not into that type of experience now. I won't be back!
I own there and have been there many times. Never noticed it being near MCO flight path. Never flown in over it. Nor out over it. Ever. GV is back in the "platte" thing that is preserved open space. It's not really near any highways...back in quite a bit. Just for reference....many builders will NOT put an HVAC outlet in a bathroom due to way too many "cold" complaints. Not sure about GV...I'll look when we are there in August (ha, said I'd never, ever go back in summer but look at me now....grandkids and Disney).

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what I confirmed via text today
Buildings 80, 81, 82, 83, 87, 93, 84, 95, 96 are complete
97 is in progress
Remaining Club Village of 98, 99 and 100 will follow this year.

I suspect Golf Village will be renovated next year with West Village to follow in 2025.
You'd think I'd know but.....where is it you look to see current resort status like closures etc.? We own GV and still don't know what Club Village is. We usually stay over near the Copa Loca thing, which we still refer to as "the new side". Yeah, we go back to when it was nothing.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I own there and have been there many times. Never noticed it being near MCO flight path. Never flown in over it. Nor out over it. Ever. GV is back in the "platte" thing that is preserved open space. It's not really near any highways...back in quite a bit. Just for reference....many builders will NOT put an HVAC outlet in a bathroom due to way too many "cold" complaints. Not sure about GV...I'll look when we are there in August (ha, said I'd never, ever go back in summer but look at me now....grandkids and Disney).
Looking at the FAA Sectional Charts, the best I can tell is that the Class B airspace for MCO doesn't start until 2,000'. So there would never be a plane flying over Grande Vista lower than 2,000 feet. There is a lot of helicopter traffic in the area due to a number of $35 per person helicopter rides that operate on or just off International Drive to the south.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You'd think I'd know but.....where is it you look to see current resort status like closures etc.? We own GV and still don't know what Club Village is. We usually stay over near the Copa Loca thing, which we still refer to as "the new side". Yeah, we go back to when it was nothing.
The map indicates the names of each section based on the color of each building and the key for the building names;

We only started going when they were still building "the new side" which is actually referred to as "West Village" on the map.

As for resort closures and such, Marriott does have a property updates website. It isn't always current though. I also read through the bi-annual resort newsletter that they send. It doesn't always provide the details I am looking for so when we were there last month I texted them to ask which buildings had renovations completed.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I can only share what I experienced in building 89 and constant plane noise and loud car noise happened the entire week I was there.

I don't understand the need of some people here to invalidate the experience of others. Saying you had a different experience from mine is one thing. But presenting evidence that my experience is somehow not valid and likely couldn't have happened is not in the keeping with the spirit of this board. The original poster was questioning bad reviews about this resort and I was sharing an experience that I would rate as a bad review.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I can only share what I experienced in building 89 and constant plane noise and loud car noise happened the entire week I was there.

I don't understand the need of some people here to invalidate the experience of others. Saying you had a different experience from mine is one thing. But presenting evidence that my experience is somehow not valid and likely couldn't have happened is not in the keeping with the spirit of this board. The original poster was questioning bad reviews about this resort and I was sharing an experience that I would rate as a bad review.
I suppose everyone's interpretations can be different though. What you consider to be low flying aircraft into MCO at at least 2,000 feet, others wouldn't consider that low. When I think of low flying I would be thinking of Maho beach in St Maarten with airplanes buzzing the tops of buildings. That simply doesn't happen at Grande Vista. As for road noise, I could see where that is possible on calm days with lower humidity. We notice this a lot at Lakeshore Reserve, you can hear every motorcycle that goes up and down John Young Parkway, then you always have those people that like to rev their cars as if they think they are impressing someone other than themselves.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I suppose everyone's interpretations can be different though. What you consider to be low flying aircraft into MCO at at least 2,000 feet, others wouldn't consider that low. When I think of low flying I would be thinking of Maho beach in St Maarten with airplanes buzzing the tops of buildings. That simply doesn't happen at Grande Vista. As for road noise, I could see where that is possible on calm days with lower humidity. We notice this a lot at Lakeshore Reserve, you can hear every motorcycle that goes up and down John Young Parkway, then you always have those people that like to rev their cars as if they think they are impressing someone other than themselves.
I based it upon the amount of plane noise that I heard. It wasn't just something I could hear in the distance but instead something that intruded loudly into my space. I was puzzled by it so I went outside and could see the planes flying overhead at what I consider to be a low altitude compared to the level of normal flight. Perhaps this was a temporary thing for the week that I was there but I have no other frame of reference.

Yes, absolutely agree with you on the car noise. What I've learned the hard way is that open spaces are sometimes actually easy conduits for noise because there are no structures to impede its movement. In this particular case on the other side of all that open space hidden behind trees is a very busy road maybe a quarter mile away. Much to my amazement I could many times hear every loud car truck and motorcycle that went down that road, even with my balcony doors shut! Physics are amazing things. I used to live four blocks from Wrigley Field in Chicago. Some nights I would hear no noise at all from a stadium full of people and other nights I could hear every crowd cheer and announcement over the PA system.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I based it upon the amount of plane noise that I heard. It wasn't just something I could hear in the distance but instead something that intruded loudly into my space. I was puzzled by it so I went outside and could see the planes flying overhead at what I consider to be a low altitude compared to the level of normal flight. Perhaps this was a temporary thing for the week that I was there but I have no other frame of reference.

Yes, absolutely agree with you on the car noise. What I've learned the hard way is that open spaces are sometimes actually easy conduits for noise because there are no structures to impede its movement. In this particular case on the other side of all that open space hidden behind trees is a very busy road maybe a quarter mile away. Much to my amazement I could many times hear every loud car truck and motorcycle that went down that road, even with my balcony doors shut! Physics are amazing things. I used to live four blocks from Wrigley Field in Chicago. Some nights I would hear no noise at all from a stadium full of people and other nights I could hear every crowd cheer and announcement over the PA system.
All said though, with a resort as large as Grande Vista, the experience can be far different from one section to the next or even one building to another. I find it odd to say "I won't be back" based on a single experience at a property. I certainly wouldn't consider it comparable to a roadside motel and that statement comes across more as hyperbole, thus why you probably got the response you did.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All said though, with a resort as large as Grande Vista, the experience can be far different from one section to the next or even one building to another. I find it odd to say "I won't be back" based on a single experience at a property. I certainly wouldn't is not comparable to a roadside motel and that statement comes across more as hyperbole, thus why you probably got the response you did.
It's still my personal opinion and I said everything in my review for the benefit of the OP and their request for information, not to find agreement from the subsequent posters. I have no desire to return. That leaves plenty of space for everyone that loves the resort ;)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It's still my personal opinion and I have no desire to return. That leaves plenty of space for everyone that loves the resort.
Other than the noise and the AC, what makes it comparable to a cheap motel from when you were six years old? You are certainly entitled to your personal opinion on a property, but there should be more to back that up such a statement when making such a comparison between a motel and a luxury resort property. There is no cheap motel I have ever seen that would be comparable in any way. There had to be other things you didn't like about the property?

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Other than the noise and the AC, what makes it comparable to a cheap motel from when you were six years old? You are certainly entitled to your personal opinion on a property, but there should be more to back that up such a statement when making such a comparison between a motel and a luxury resort property. There is no cheap motel I have ever seen that would be comparable in any way.
Agree to disagree. See previous post.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Agree to disagree. See previous post.
Do you still travel to Orlando often? If so, I am curious as to which other resorts you prefer?

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, I looked at the relative distance and direction of MCO from Grande Vista . There is absolutely no way commercial aircraft fly over Grande Vista. The runways are due North South and Grande Vista is nearly due West at reasonably close range. I love 1.5 miles from a commercial airport and am extremely familiar with approach and take off direction and altitudes. You are hearing planes not taking off or landing in Orlando, I believe. At least not MCO. I looked at my Flight 24 app for MCO and approach depart are, as expected North South. I don't know how anybody hears traffic way back off the road like GV, especially over the sounds of the pool, kids, etc . I'll tlgrant that splash pool on the new side makes water noise 24-7 but Michael Bay would have a hard time making truck sounds that can be heard over that.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Out of curiosity, I looked at the relative distance and direction of MCO from Grande Vista . There is absolutely no way commercial aircraft fly over Grande Vista. The runways are due North South and Grande Vista is nearly due West at reasonably close range. I love 1.5 miles from a commercial airport and am extremely familiar with approach and take off direction and altitudes. You are hearing planes not taking off or landing in Orlando, I believe. At least not MCO. I looked at my Flight 24 app for MCO and approach depart are, as expected North South. I don't know how anybody hears traffic way back off the road like GV, especially over the sounds of the pool, kids, etc . I'll tlgrant that splash pool on the new side makes water noise 24-7 but Michael Bay would have a hard time making truck sounds that can be heard over that.
@kozykritter was at the very back of the resort in the Golf Village in building 89. There is no pool or splash pad back there. Their unit patio likely faced directly toward Central Florida Parkway which from there is only a half mile away. There are only a golf fairway and trees between the building and Central Florida Parkway. A high floor might be over the top of those trees and I could see where on a calm day certain sounds could make it into the unit. Especially a unit which has a stucco covered patio and could reverberate certain sounds. This is probably a pretty rare occurrence and limited ot just a few buildings and probably just a few times of the year.