• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Grand Chateau

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Just wondering if there are any Las Vegas that are good rentals? I do not really see a clear pattern looking at Redweek data. Also, is it better to rent out as a 3BR or as a 2BR and 1 BR lockoff in terms of rental amount? Is it harder to rent a 3BR or two 2 BR and 1BR lockoffs?

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I really dont care for Vegas. However when I do go I prefer to stay in hotels. There are so many hotels on the strip. I like to try different hotels when I go because there are so many to choose from. Now back to your question. If your interested in getting a good rental I would say that they probably are competing with too many hotels. I am sure that there are a few occasions during the year when large conventions are going on that Vegas fills up and rentals would be good. But it wouldn't be my choice to buy with the intent of renting unless you could obtain a week when a major convention is going on and the town fills up.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
For most rentals in Vegas a week is too much so many timeshares are overkill unless you split your home week between two renters which could get dicey with cleaning, guest certs, guests who overstay their visit etc.

If you have the ability to rent short stays for conventions it *might* be profitable but I don't have first-hand experience. IMHO, the GC is very nice, the HGVC Elara across the street has nicer pool area and the MF are about $300 less than GC so you could do better profit-wise at that location if you are renting, but still a week.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any Las Vegas that are good rentals? I do not really see a clear pattern looking at Redweek data. Also, is it better to rent out as a 3BR or as a 2BR and 1 BR lockoff in terms of rental amount? Is it harder to rent a 3BR or two 2 BR and 1BR lockoffs?

Rentals in Vegas and Orlando are a dime a dozen. Far too much competition from Hotels and other Timeshares.

Additionally, many states in this Country now have legalized gambling, so the huge monopoly demand that was once there has somewhat ebbed.

Is Vegas running out of water? The great HOOVER DAM was put up in the 1930's, and today is not nearly as full as it was 30 years ago and the Lake Mead recreation area is a shadow of it's former self.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Personally I don’t think I would try a rental unit in Las Vegas and we live here. There is too much competition from hotels.

That said, we continue to break records for visitors arriving at the airport. Gambling is not the only game in town. People come here for an overall experience- entertainment, dining, local attractions, professional hockey, and gambling. And next year we will have professional football, albeit the Raiders (not my favorite.)

As far as the water issue that was raised, yes the water in Lake Mead is lower than in years past, but that hasn’t stopped the continued development of homes. Apparently, the powers that be aren’t overly concerned. I do wonder about it at times though.

Best regards.

Mike

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might try during one of the big conventions like CES ( Consumer Electronic Show) that happens in January. Next one is Jan 7-10, 2020