• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

marriott grand chateau value

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi...several years back i bought a 2bedroom grand chateau through a broker for like 3k. Every other odd year. i like it, i use it to trade with Ii. Today, I was offered another one for $600. Has GC decreased that much in value?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi...several years back i bought a 2bedroom grand chateau through a broker for like 3k. Every other odd year. i like it, i use it to trade with Ii. Today, I was offered another one for $600. Has GC decreased that much in value?

I think most (timeshare properties) have dropped in value due to the Covid-19 situation.......

Also, Marriott is letting a lot of purchases slip thru ROFR without exercising their option to buy.

A good time to buy and a lousy time to sell.........

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Today, I was offered another one for $600. Has GC decreased that much in value?
For a while you could get a superb deal with MGC as it seemed almost everything was passing ROFR. I'd be shocked if this passes ROFR, even considering the current situation. Then again, if they don't have the need/appetite/$$ for MGC in the trust, then someone will get a great deal. I can't get to rofr.net at the moment, but it would be interesting to see what has been waived/exercised in the last 2 months.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
For a while you could get a superb deal with MGC as it seemed almost everything was passing ROFR. I'd be shocked if this passes ROFR, even considering the current situation. Then again, if they don't have the need/appetite/$$ for MGC in the trust, then someone will get a great deal. I can't get to rofr.net at the moment, but it would be interesting to see what has been waived/exercised in the last 2 months.

Only one, since the downturn...

ResortDateSeasonUsageType ViewPriceResultName
Grand Chateau4/13/2020PlatinumEOY3BR StandardN/A
$2,500.00​
Passeddrpaddack

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Only one, since the downturn...

ResortDateSeasonUsageTypeViewPriceResultName
Grand Chateau4/13/2020PlatinumEOY3BR StandardN/A
$2,500.00​
Passeddrpaddack
Thanks. That seems consistent from the past few years. $2.5K seems the magic # for 3BR EOY to pass (though there may have been 1 that didn't pass if memory serves me correctly). Most 3BR EOY offers below $2K had ROFR exercised (I think 1 wasn't), and most between $2K-$2.5K were waived. Marriott waived my offer of $2.5K for a 3BR EOY MGC in 2016.

I currently have an offer on a 2BR EOY MGC (offer was more than $600). I'll update rofr.net when we get word back on ROFR.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thanks to a generous gift from a Tugger, my daughter, son-in-law, and two grandkids have spent this week at the MGC in a huge two-bedroom corner unit, and they've had such a
wonderful stay. We went down to have dinner with them on the Strip and got to see the unit. It's huge! Everything in the unit was in tip-top condition. The view from the 33rd floor was outstanding. It's a lovely property close to all the action on the Strip (when Las Vegas is fully operational again!) but set back enough that it's a quiet retreat from the craziness.

When the Las Vegas Raiders start playing in the new stadium, it will be a great location for football fans. It's also a super location for Vegas Golden Knights hockey games.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I stayed in a 2bdrm at MGC and was impressed. Loved the view, walking proximity to center strip and the size of the unit. The 3 bdrms are massive.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
As to ROFR in the current environment I have to think Marriott must weigh the benefit of getting MFs paid more than building inventory. But that is just my wild ass guess...

George

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
As to ROFR in the current environment I have to think Marriott must weigh the benefit of getting MFs paid more than building inventory. But that is just my wild ass guess...

George
I just received a set of minutes from Desert Springs noting that the manager has paused buying foreclosed inventory from the HOA. If they aren't taking foreclosures (which I suspect they get for close to free, probably just costs) then I have to think rofr will be lower.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a beautiful property and the only place we stay when we go to Vegas. Having said that and addressing the 2nd part of your comment below, an atmosphere with rowdy and often drunk football fans is going to change the landscape of the property and not in a good way in my mind. We shall see but we definitely won't be traveling there during football season.

It's a lovely property close to all the action on the Strip (when Las Vegas is fully operational again!) but set back enough that it's a quiet retreat from the craziness.

When the Las Vegas Raiders start playing in the new stadium, it will be a great location for football fans. It's also a super location for Vegas Golden Knights hockey games.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Now you've sparked my interest. Does the 3 bedroom break into 3 separate lockoffs or just two? Does it trade well in II as lockoffs? What is the MF? Is there a way to get usage of the lockoffs in the off year via II or MVC?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now you've sparked my interest. Does the 3 bedroom break into 3 separate lockoffs or just two? Does it trade well in II as lockoffs? What is the MF? Is there a way to get usage of the lockoffs in the off year via II or MVC?

Two. It splits into a two bedroom and a one bedroom.

I believe all of the three bedroom units are on the end which means they have good views. Of course the higher the better.

MGC is the place I want to stay due to its location and that it is very nice.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
MGC and Elara across the street are my favorites. Everything else we have tried is too far away to walk to center strip or lower quality.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any other connections to a cheap MGC week? I don't currently own any and would like to acquire a Marriott for trading and maybe staying at occasionally.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
I see one on eBay right now.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see one on eBay right now.

Yes! I am currently the high bidder on it, lol.

just thinking through other options, as it’s an EOY and I would prefer an annual.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
There's one listed on Redweek asking $900.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
ust thinking through other options, as it’s an EOY and I would prefer an annual.
Two. It splits into a two bedroom and a one bedroom.

I believe all of the three bedroom units are on the end which means they have good views. Of course the higher the better.

MGC is the place I want to stay due to its location and that it is very nice.
That is correct.

We have stayed 3 x Times at MGC in the 3BR-Units [all exchanges via II] and have always been assigned a High-Floor Strip-View which was always CORNER [almost 270-Degrees].
Have stayed once in a 2BR-Unit at Elara [when it was Planet Hollywood by Westgate] which was nice but prefer MGC.

Love MGC!
Peaceful sanity in the midst of chaos.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's EOY I'd say that's about right as long as the closing isn't trumped up and that you're not paying for dues for 2020 (if it's an EOY odd then you wouldn't be). I can't imagine it won't pass ROFR in the current environment and would have prior to the viral slowdown.