• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott gift cards are 20% off

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Glad to hear about the use of these here... and with the 6x points for using the Marriott Chase VISA card (has that been confirmed?) it sounds like a no brainer! With no expiration date we are all going to travel again sometime. Stay well, all.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Marriott Vacation club version and it only shows that it goes up to $2000. I wonder if it could be applied to my Trust points loan balance?

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I looked at the Marriott Vacation club version and it only shows that it goes up to $2000. I wonder if it could be applied to my Trust points loan balance?
I think the discount only applies to select Marriott-Bonvoy GC purchases [Black-Cards with the Orange-Ribbon on the Left-Top]. Assuming that purchase of the other cards do not receive the 20%-Discount.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear about the use of these here... and with the 6x points for using the Marriott Chase VISA card (has that been confirmed?) it sounds like a no brainer! With no expiration date we are all going to travel again sometime. Stay well, all.

OMAAT indicates a "spokesperson" confirmed these purchases should qualify for the 6x points on Marriott co-branded credit cards.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
OMAAT indicates a "spokesperson" confirmed these purchases should qualify for the 6x points on Marriott co-branded credit cards.

My AMEX-Brilliant CC still shows status of transaction as "Pending". Will confirm in a day or 2 once the transaction closes whether I received 6X.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
does anyone know if you can use them at Westin Lagunamar and Westin Ka anapali beach (resort expenses, not MF)? I find the terms and conditions not 100% clear, it mentions Marriott, Sheraton and Westin hotels but nothing about resorts. However, it mentions Marriott Vacations Club which could mean the Vistana resorts may be excluded.

Marriott GiftCards may be used at Hotels operating under the following Marriott brands and at participating retail, spa, golf and food and beverage outlets:

• AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Courtyard®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, EDITION®, Element®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Gaylord Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Le Méridien®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Moxy Hotels , Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Residence Inn®, Sheraton®, SpringHill Suites®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, The Ritz-Carlton, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve® hotels, TownePlace Suites®, Tribute Portfolio™, W®, Westin®
Did anyone find out if they can be used at Vistana properties? Hoping to visit Lagunamar as well later this year, but who knows with the current world situation.

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering these, but leaning towards dumping the same $$ into their stock. (marriott stock purchase). :) Just another perspective...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Did anyone find out if they can be used at Vistana properties? Hoping to visit Lagunamar as well later this year, but who knows with the current world situation.
Not sure why you can't. It is just like a Westin property. You can book it on Marriott.com. No reason you shouldn't be able to use them there. Though you might lose some on the conversion rate. You may be at the mercy of the hotels conversion rate.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience, pre-payment of any kind cannot be resolved with these gift cards - that means both pre-paid rates, advance purchase rates or any actual room deposit (the hotels I have used these at would not refund them and reapply to the folio, which is what you can use this e-gift card to pay).

However, I consider those different from when a hotel takes a credit card guarantee for the room - in that case they should not actually be charging the card until you arrive and then you should be able to swap out for this e-gift card.

The inability to use for advance purchase rates is what makes these a bit less of a slam dunk (especially considering you can currently cancel advance purchase rates with the COVID waiver). That usually means you lose out on a significant discount. These could however be useful after advance purchase rates again become non-cancellable and you need some flexibility. Personally, I'm just not sure how long it will be before I could use them in that case....and while I don't think Marriott is going insolvent, I also don't want a big sum of cash tied up in a gift card for too long.
DVC allows this but I believe they limit the number of cards you can use.

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
Just checked my Marriott Bonvoy Visa charge
and it did give 6X points for the gift card purchase. I also had called Westin Kaanapali Villas South front desk, and they confirmed the Marriott gift cards can be applied at check out to your charged to room items.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I think the discount only applies to select Marriott-Bonvoy GC purchases [Black-Cards with the Orange-Ribbon on the Left-Top]. Assuming that purchase of the other cards do not receive the 20%-Discount.

Yes, it looks like you have to get the Marriott-Bonvoy card to get the discount. I tried selecting the MVC card and when the total came up, the discount was not applied. So can anyone confirm that the Marriott-Bonvoy gift cards can be used at Vacation Club resorts? If not, I have no use for it. Thanks.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like you have to get the Marriott-Bonvoy card to get the discount. I tried selecting the MVC card and when the total came up, the discount was not applied. So can anyone confirm that the Marriott-Bonvoy gift cards can be used at Vacation Club resorts? If not, I have no use for it. Thanks.
The discount is only on the ugly cards with the 10% notice on them.
As for confirmation -it is in the faq.

Q. Where can I use my Marriott GiftCard / eGiftCard?
A. Marriott GiftCards / eGiftCards can be used at any participating Marriott hotel at these brands, including AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Courtyard®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, EDITION®, Element®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Gaylord Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Le Méridien®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Moxy Hotels , Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Residence Inn®, Sheraton®, SpringHill Suites®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, The Ritz-Carlton, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve® hotels, TownePlace Suites®, Tribute Portfolio™, W®, Westin®

• The following Marriott Hotel Brands DO NOT accept Marriott GiftCards: Bvlgari Hotels, Design Hotels™, Homes & Villas by Marriott International Marriott™, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club®,

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
We are definitely going to purchase one tonight. Only plan to use at MVC trips in the future.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
My AMEX-Brilliant CC still shows status of transaction as "Pending". Will confirm in a day or 2 once the transaction closes whether I received 6X.
UPDATE: Confirmed that AMEX-Brilliant flagged the transaction as 6X-Points which is nice.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't read this thread in detail and put in an order all the way through yesterday and then I went oops, I didn't see the discount applied. Trying to cancel the order was very painful but it got done last evening by an Asia-Pacific rep. I went in again today to correctly select the options that included the discount. DUH.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't read this thread in detail and put in an order all the way through yesterday and then I went oops, I didn't see the discount applied. Trying to cancel the order was very painful but it got done last evening by an Asia-Pacific rep. I went in again today to correctly select the options that included the discount. DUH.

You would think with all the free time you now have... :LOL:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You would think with all the free time you now have... :LOL:
I now have a new hobby... growing hydroponics using Aerogarden. Actually it is fool-proof, pop seed pods into the tray, fill water and nutrients, select what I am planting - herbs, tomatoes/peppers and salad greens. I got 4 Aerogardens going now and I stare at them all day waiting for when I can start harvesting. When I have something to show, I will start a thread on that. :)

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Can you get physical cards or just e-gift cards? Easier to partially use physical cards like a debit card

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Boy am I a ding dong. Ordered 2 cards but accidentally Left the “L” out of my Gmail address. Thank goodness I took a photo of the confirmation page.
Called customer service today, total frustration in a hit “0” to stay on the line every 30 sec loop for far to long.
:wall:They can’t change my email address. Per the rep I actually entered it correctly on the form someplace so I will eventually get the E cards.

Sure hope he’s right.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Boy am I a ding dong. Ordered 2 cards but accidentally Left the “L” out of my Gmail address. Thank goodness I took a photo of the confirmation page.
Called customer service today, total frustration in a hit “0” to stay on the line every 30 sec loop for far to long.
:wall:They can’t change my email address. Per the rep I actually entered it correctly on the form someplace so I will eventually get the E cards.

Sure hope he’s right.

You had to enter the recipient email twice, so you left the "L" off twice?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Sure hope he’s right.
I am sorry, this must be stressful. When I ordered, the eGiftcards were sent to me immediately and over a period of a couple of hours. Hopefully the rep is right and someone will resend the email to you with the gift card information.

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it last week. I am planning to take a trip first of June at the Ritz in Dove Mountain and use it there. We have a big celebration in our family and since we cannot celebrate with friends at least we can celebrate in style just the 3 of us:) I called they told me that they have been open the entire time and most of the guests are from CA.. why I am not surprised...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
You had to enter the recipient email twice, so you left the "L" off twice?
Nope, apparently I only left it out once. He said in one place it was correct and the other (obviously more important one) it was wrong.
Interesting how everyone is saying they got their’s almost instantly since he told me they were still processing. I placed the order on the 15 th.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope, apparently I only left it out once. He said in one place it was correct and the other (obviously more important one) it was wrong.
Interesting how everyone is saying they got their’s almost instantly since he told me they were still processing. I placed the order on the 15 th.
I ordered on 5/17 and got them yesterday afternoon.