• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Frenchman's Cove - St. Thomas

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back three weeks ago from Marriott's Frenchman Cove and had a very enjoyable trip. The resort is lovely, and our view was great. The beach is small but wasn't crowded and we had no issue getting beach or pool chairs. They had a small waterslide at the pool that a number of adults tried (including myself) when there were no kids around. It was fun. The also had floats in the ocean to swim up to and relax. There were lots of activities for kids to partake in. The food at the resort was very good for lunch and they had a decent marketplace. We brought a cooler with food and found this to be most economical. Didn't rent a car as it was only my husband and I and we had no trouble getting around by cab or ferry. Had dinner at Prime for my husband's birthday and we very much enjoyed the food and view. The road up to it was a little nerve racking but all of our drivers were really good and safe when traveling around town. Took the ferry over and spent the day in St. John. Did a full day trip snorkeling from Marriott that was just okay. The staff was excellent however we really didn't see much Sealife snorkeling. I saw more right at the beach at the Marriott. We spent more time on the boat than I preferred, and they dropped us off for like two hours on I believe honeymoon beach which was nice but would have preferred being there longer. Definitely will come back as it was very relaxing. The only surprise was that we had to go through customs when we left even as American citizens flying back to the states. I wasn't expecting this as it adds to the time getting through security even with enhanced screening priority. The nicest part of flying was flying JetBlue Mint. Service, seats, tv, excellent headsets and overall experience was very enjoyable. I highly recommend it.

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you need vaccination proof and/or negative test to get in and out of St Thomas? Thanks!

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
I just left yesterday. No idea why reviews would be negative. The resort was immaculate, they had tons of resort activities, the beach was clean (no algae), room was ready at 11 am (4 pm check in).

There were 2 power outages that messed up the water (was rusty for a day), but that's a USVI issue, not a Marriott one. Make sure you request the St John Building ( floor 3 or higher). That's the back building with the best views. You have to take 3 elevators to get to the beach (no stairs needed) and it's worth it.

Financial Advice: Only rent a car for 1 day from the airport for $100 (it's 100/day minimum) and get your groceries/go to mountain top/Megan's Bay during your first day with your car. The resort is a 15 min drive from the airport, so when you drop your car back off the next day, you can just take a taxi from the airport to the resort for $10 (it's per person so only 1 person drop off the car).

The resort has a small boat that is cheap and shuttles you to/from the main Charlotte Amalie hub where are all the stores/restaurants are. There are also always taxis waiting for work in the check in building so you don't even have to call a taxi.

Lastly, food is insanely expensive. When you have your car, try to overestimate how much food you will consume during your trip and buy that much at Cost U Less, the Marketplace onsite is ridiculous if you run out ($7 for a 1.75 liter of Coke). Cost U Less is like Costco except no membership requirements. If there is something that you know you need a smaller quantity of (like condiments) get those at Pueblos Supermarket on your way back to the resort. I spent $476 for 2 adults and 1 child for 13 days that way. Any other way would have been insane. The grills are gas and super easy to use.

Bring your own snorkel gear, it's $40 at the shop on site. The reefs on both sides of the resort have tons of species of fish to see. There are also lots of beautiful corals. The ocean water is warm and calm so just buy $7 inner tubes from Walmart/Amazon before you fly out. I spent a good chunk of my week loafing in the ocean with a drink that way lol. The same $7 tubes are $20 at the shop onsite.
thank you for all the great info- we are heading there on Saturday- our first visit. Just bought floats, have snorkel gear- we did rent a car for the week as planning to go over to St Johns (booked a night at the Westin using our points to check it out) Did you eat out at any places would recommend?

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
We bring fresh steaks in our collapsible cooler. No need to freeze on a 3 hour flight.
very smart- i have frozen chicken-bbq meats- planning to bring as well

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
thank you for all the great info- we are heading there on Saturday- our first visit. Just bought floats, have snorkel gear- we did rent a car for the week as planning to go over to St Johns (booked a night at the Westin using our points to check it out) Did you eat out at any places would recommend?
I didn't spend money eating out because its too expensive over there. Cost U Less is where you want to buy all your food.

Mikieg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Frenchman's Cove, Desert Springs I
This is my home resort and is better than ever. Add to the mix that the Frenchman's Reef hotel, which is now branded Westin, is scheduled to open within the next month or two.