• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ford Colony Sequel area

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going to MFC Sequel for Thanksgiving week. There will be just the 2 of us and we have a one bedroom. We like walks and also will be using the swimming and sauna facilities and reading in room. Any recommendations for room locations or any other suggetions on things to do and restaurants in the area?

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Search Option

A great resource that I often forget about is the SEARCH function on this site(top banner toolbar). Use keywords like Ford's Colony or Williamsburg - certain that you will find many past postings that will help make your time fantastic. I know Big Matt is a frequent responder and many others too that have posted about the area.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
None of the buildings offer much advantage over the others on the Sequel side. Ask for a third floor room at the end of the hall way. Because these buildings have one long hall way, the closer you are to the elevator, the more foot traffic, slamming doors, and other noise you will hear.

As for dining, you have probably 20-30 real good options in Williamsburg that range from burgers and BBQ to high end places. I suggest that you look at Tripadvisor. I don't disagree with most of what is on there. I do have some suggestions though if you can narrow down what you want. Also, be conscious of geography. There is very little near Ford's Colony, but there are lots of choices in and around Colonial Williamsburg. You may want to go look around that area and then get a feel for where everything is.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
People always do Colonial Williamsburg but often miss the campus of The College of William and Mary. It is the second oldest college in the USA, six weeks younger than Harvard. It is the only school chartered by the King of England, it is that old! The old campus with the sunken garden is lovely. The brick pattern is like none other. And for sure walk into the Wren Building, the oldest on campus. There is a tiny chapel. The admissions department might give tours on campus before the student's break for Thanksgiving.
`

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Eating is my speciality, and it shows. :) This list isn't in preference order:

Gourmet, classy...La Yaka
Casual rustic - The Whaling Company
Library Tavern .. great thin pizza
Whitley's Peanuts (best VA peanuts) ... across from Library Tavern
A Chef's Kitchen
Blue Talon Bistro
King's Arms Tavern
Christina Campbells Tavern
Food For Thought
Buon Amici - Italian (New Town)
Opus 9 Steaks - (New Town)
Carrabba's Italian Grill - next to great Yankee Candle

You may hear how great The Dining Room at Ford's Colony is...don't believe it as it's really come down from its former self.

Enjoy.

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hear hear!

Great suggestion - I have not been to the Wm and Mary campus, but have been to several other older northeastern university campuses (including Harvard), and studied at another one of them (in Providence), and to miss such treasures when visiting the cities where they are is a shame.

People always do Colonial Williamsburg but often miss the campus of The College of William and Mary. It is the second oldest college in the USA, six weeks younger than Harvard. It is the only school chartered by the King of England, it is that old! The old campus with the sunken garden is lovely. The brick pattern is like none other. And for sure walk into the Wren Building, the oldest on campus. There is a tiny chapel. The admissions department might give tours on campus before the student's break for Thanksgiving.
`

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going to MFC Sequel for Thanksgiving week. There will be just the 2 of us and we have a one bedroom. We like walks and also will be using the swimming and sauna facilities and reading in room. Any recommendations for room locations or any other suggetions on things to do and restaurants in the area?

I don't believe there is a sauna at Manor Club.

If you like seafood, the Friday night seafood buffet at the Williamsburg Lodge (Not the Williamsburg Inn, which is right next door) is very nice.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Christina Campbells Tavern

It's actually Christiana Campbell's Tavern.

I know because that's my daughters name so we noticed it when we were there. Just to be sure they get the right name. :)