• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Fairway Villas (MFV) help needed please!

LICAL3

TUG Member
Reaction score
:eek: I am a new owner here and have been having alot of trouble with the 800 (phone number) marriott reservations dept. trying to get a split week reservation. Every agent I speak with has a different understanding of how the split weeks work at this location. Does anyone know- for sure- how the split week option works here? I'm pretty sure I am correct in thinking that it is possible to have more than just the 3 night/ 4 night split week option. This is actually the reason I bought here- to have more than 2 visits during the year since I live close by. HELP! :confused:

Also, I did manage to get a 3 night stay over the summer and want to put in a request for building/ floor, etc. Does anyone have a layout of the property?
I'll take it any way possible- email, link, fax, etc.

Thanks fellow tuggers!

LICAL3

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
From the MVCI site:
Q: What is split-week option?

A: This option enables you to create two ‘mini-vacations’ in the full villa at your home resort for each week owned. Owners may request one three-night weekend stay and one four-night weekday stay. Please note that the Split-Week and Lock-Off options cannot be combined. All reservations will be made and confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis, based on space availability.
Thus, unless MFV has some special rules in the CC&Rs, you're stuck with only the 3/4 option. Those CC&Rs are where you should look. My understanding is that the program rules for each resort with the split-week option specify how it works at that resort.

One reason you might get different answers on the phone is that there are a few differences, depending on the resort. The most notable difference is at Custom House, which allows single night stays. However, Custom House, like all Marriotts, limits weekend stays under the split-week option to a single stay per year.

LICAL3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave

I don't have a copy of the CC&R's......anyone able to look this up? I own a platinum week.

Thanks!
LICAL3

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
"CC&Rs" is a collective term to describe the legal documents (by-laws, program rules, master deed covenants, etc.) that govern the resort. If you purchased from Marriott, you have them.

I gather, however, that you purchased resale. Correct?

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes
We were at a sales presentation at the Faiway Villas recently and my understanding from the salesman on site was what was explained above (the 3/4 rule). Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Vicki

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I own at Fairway Villas....and have stayed using the 3/4 split.....I never heard of a shorter stay option - it was presented to us as a 3/4...we can also do this at Grande Vista...if you find out, let us ALL know. But as Dave said, I imagine if they did allow a 3/2/2 slit, only one could be a weekend.