• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Destination Club retrades through interval rules

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the deadlines for retrades specifically for destination club thru II. In other words if not retraded within what timeframe does the retrade become restricted to 60 days, 30 days, 14 days Etc. I called several II reps and they didn't seem too sure! Thx

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can anyone tell me the deadlines for retrades specifically for destination club thru II. In other words if not retraded within what timeframe does the retrade become restricted to 60 days, 30 days, 14 days Etc. I called several II reps and they didn't seem too sure! Thx

If you wait and try to do a retrade inside of 59 days, you will only be able to search for new retrades within 59 days of the day you are searching. I think if you wait inside of 14 days, then you can only see available units within 30 days of the date you are searching. Inside 7 days, you are out of luck.

This differs from how EPlus works. I believe EPlus lets you see up to 59 and 30 days past the date of your current confirmed exchange. With EPlus it would be possible to see up to 118 and 60 days out respectively.

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you wait and try to do a retrade inside of 59 days, you will only be able to search for new retrades within 59 days of the day you are searching. I think if you wait inside of 14 days, then you can only see available units within 30 days of the date you are searching. Inside 7 days, you are out of luck.

This differs from how EPlus works. I believe EPlus lets you see up to 59 and 30 days past the date of your current confirmed exchange. With EPlus it would be possible to see up to 118 and 60 days out respectively.

Through trial and error, I've discovered that if u retrade inside of 30 days you get a 59 day window, and inside of 14 days, RIGHT UP TO 1 day prior to check in (and possibly up to checkin day) u have 30 days (which is pretty darn good in my opinion!)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Through trial and error, I've discovered that if u retrade inside of 30 days you get a 59 day window, and inside of 14 days, RIGHT UP TO 1 day prior to check in (and possibly up to checkin day) u have 30 days (which is pretty darn good in my opinion!)

Interesting, great information. No better way to find out than through actual experience in trial an error. If I had an exchange confirmation inside of one of these windows, I would have tried testing it out, but our next exchange isn't until May.

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, great information. No better way to find out than through actual experience in trial an error. If I had an exchange confirmation inside of one of these windows, I would have tried testing it out, but our next exchange isn't until May.

Better yet, I had a week that got restricted to a 30 day window, then retraded to a week 3 to 4 weeks later, then retraded that week and was again given a 60 day window! I then tried to see if I could retrade out of the 60 day window, but it would not let me. But still MUCH better have 60 days vs 30!

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
My weeks are enrolled in the points program, thus get free 'retrades' through II. We don't often use non-Marriott and I had a few quick questions on them using 'retrades'.

If I retrade to a non-marriott property, do I just pay the exchange fee? I assume only marriott retrades are 'free' for enrolled weeks?

What happens if I have that non-marriott resort exchange confirmed, but later want to 'retrade' back into a Marriott property? Do I pay for the 'retrade'? Do I get the exchange fee back?

Thanks!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My weeks are enrolled in the points program, thus get free 'retrades' through II. We don't often use non-Marriott and I had a few quick questions on them using 'retrades'.

If I retrade to a non-marriott property, do I just pay the exchange fee? I assume only marriott retrades are 'free' for enrolled weeks?

Yes, only Marriott to Marriott trades and retrades are included in the DC annual fee.

What happens if I have that non-marriott resort exchange confirmed, but later want to 'retrade' back into a Marriott property? Do I pay for the 'retrade'? Do I get the exchange fee back?

Thanks!!

If you retrade in to a non Marriott property, you will pay the full exchange fee. If you later retrade in to a Marriott, I would suspect there is no fee since your original deposit was a Marriott. You don't ever get the exchange fee back.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a confirmed exchange starting March 4. Pretended to retrade and it only lets me see 60 days out. This week is in II DC points account

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
If you retrade in to a non Marriott property, you will pay the full exchange fee. If you later retrade in to a Marriott, I would suspect there is no fee since your original deposit was a Marriott. You don't ever get the exchange fee back.

Dioxide, you are correct that on a retrade into a MVC resort, you wouldn't pay an additional fee. I just confirmed that with II while I was confirming something else.

My call to II was for an unrelated matter. I didn't realize that a trade of my MVC unit in a corporate account isn't eligible for ePlus retrade. So, if I retrade to a non-MVC resort I have to pay the full exchange fee. I don't anticipate doing that but it's too bad it isn't available.

Mike

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Dioxide, you are correct that on a retrade into a MVC resort, you wouldn't pay an additional fee. I just confirmed that with II while I was confirming something else.

My call to II was for an unrelated matter. I didn't realize that a trade of my MVC unit in a corporate account isn't eligible for ePlus retrade. So, if I retrade to a non-MVC resort I have to pay the full exchange fee. I don't anticipate doing that but it's too bad it isn't available.

Mike

It is disappointing that Marriott owners can't buy EPlus for non Marriott trades. I think the issue is that IIs system just won't work. It would open it up so owners could buy it when trading Marriott to Marriott for no fee. Then they would be able to retrade to another non Marriott immediately. For only the $54 cost of EPlus.