• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Cypress Harbour

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at picking up another t/s week at the above resort. It would be a Sport week 2BR 2BA unit annual usage. Several have been listed on Ebay in the last month or so. The price for this particular week at the end of auction seems reasonable. Mf's are $847 a year. if I were to buy such a unit I would use it for trading purposes with II probably 80% of the time and the other 20% usage would be for my sons w/families to use for Disney. I was hoping that an owner of this week could tell me the trading/exchanging value and if you think picking up the unit mainly for trading is a good idea/bad idea and why.

thanks..........bob

susiequeve

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned Cypress Harbour (sport season) for 10 years and love love love this resort. We have gotten 4 fabulous trades to Aruba, (all Marriotts) & a few trades to Arizona also. Basically, that's where we like to travel. Maybe other Tuggers can add to this, but I think it's a good trader for spring & fall trades with an ongoing search. We haven't been disappointed yet.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I would tend to agree that you can get good trades with this resort, with the caveat that it is Orlando and so while you will get some good trades, you will be "towards the back of the bus" when it comes to priority. Having said that, I've use our unit to get several Marriott to Marriott trades including several Hawaiian resorts. I've also used it to consistently trade into Hyatt's Beach House and Windward Pointe in Key West.

I would also suggest that you make sure that the sport season coincides with the time frame when you (and your son) want to use the resort. The sport season is the 'off' season, but I don't think there would be much difference in price for unit on sale at ebay. The Special season is the winter season and the summer season is what it implies.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The biggest difference between owning something like Cypress Harbour (sport season) and the newer Grand Vista is that Grand vista owners have the ability to "Lock-off". That means if you want to request something difficult, like Hawaii, you can trade your whole 2 bed unit. BUT if you want something which is an easy trade, you can use your 1 bd side or even your studio side of the lock-off. This way a Grand Vista owner can offen get 2 great trades from their one unit using the lock off feature.

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think just like you. I purchased Cypress Harbour Sport week on eBay for $4K a few months ago, I just got recognized as an owner and traded it for an Oceanfront Marriott Ko Olina 2BR today. So yes, it can trade well! I'm happy so far! :D

Kim R

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have owned CH for several years, and have always traded. I own summer "platinum" season, because I have school age children. I have traded for Hilton Head 7 years - 5 in Grande Ocean during the summer. I have also traded for Marriotts in France and Panama City, FL. I have used AC's for stays in Grande Vista, Surfwatch, and Marriott Mountainside. It's been a great trader for me, and I usually request only 6-8 months out.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I have wondered about the season designations at CH; is summer season considered the equivalent of Platinum, or is "special" season?

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I have wondered about the season designations at CH; is summer season considered the equivalent of Platinum, or is "special" season?

If you relate platinum to the most expensive, then yes the special season (weeks 1-17, 51,52) is equivalent to platinum as it's developer price slightly more expensive than summer season(weeks 24-33).

Sport season, which I guess would be equivalent to silver is weeks 18-23 and 34-50.