• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Cypress Harbour versus Sheraton Vistana Villages

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has stayed at MCH & Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando? How would you compare the two...pros & cons? Also, as a Marriott owner, can we now exchange into Sheratons without additional II Non Marriott fees?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you mean you are an enrolled Marriott weeks owner with free Marriott to Marriott exchanges on II you DO have to pay $209 exchange fee for Sheraton.

We have never stayed at Sheraton Village. We like Cypress Harbour- the downside for us is the 2nd bedroom has a queen and a sofa bed as oppose to 2 beds.
But we like the lake with the paddle boats rentals and lake house, and all the family activities like ping pong, basketball, pickle ball, volleyball, game room. Plenty to do for everyone.

Last edited:

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I've been to both (own at Sheraton Vistana Villages). They are both comparable quality. They both have sprawling grounds.
I think Cypress Harbour is better for adults only. I think Vistana Villages is better for a family trip with kids- it has a pirate pool and water slide and many kids activities. Cypress Harbour felt serene and laid back and the pools were just pools- very nice for adults, but no bells and whistles for kids.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Wondering if anyone has stayed at MCH & Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando? How would you compare the two...pros & cons? Also, as a Marriott owner, can we now exchange into Sheratons without additional II Non Marriott fees?
I own at villages and just got back from cypress last night. Vistana villages is nice for the lockoff but I did enjoy cypress harbor a lot. I was in the building next to the lobby and it was equal distance to Disney and universal. It felt easier on and off for I4 East and west. I’d probably want to stay at cypress or VV. I was at grand vista last month and wasn’t too impressed.

I really liked the two standard 2 bedroom at cypress better than the standard 2 at VV. When I go back or orlando and I’m on an II getaway I’ll probably do Cypress as my first choice

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been to both (own at Sheraton Vistana Villages). They are both comparable quality. They both have sprawling grounds.
I think Cypress Harbour is better for adults only. I think Vistana Villages is better for a family trip with kids- it has a pirate pool and water slide and many kids activities. Cypress Harbour felt serene and laid back and the pools were just pools- very nice for adults, but no bells and whistles for kids.
Thanks needvaca. We are looking at Cypress Harbour for 2021 April for two (2) seniors citizen couples.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thanks needvaca. We are looking at Cypress Harbour for 2021 April for two (2) seniors citizen couples.
The king bedroom has a walk in shower and the second bedroom has a bathtub. Large living room and nice amenities. I really liked the cypress harbor. I think it would be perfect for your needs

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro, you get one room with a king and one with a queen. Two private bathrooms. Huge living room. Ask for a corner unit and you will get a screened in porch with views from the front and side. Plus no neighbors on one side. Resort is about the same footprint as Manor Club (counting both sides), so not too big with a lake in the middle, but I'd ask to stay near the main check in area which is near the tennis courts and spa/fitness center (one of the best ones I've been to at a timeshare).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thanks you CPNY for your infornation.
I was in building 53. It was perfect! Walked to the marketplace every morning for Starbucks coffee. It was a 35 second walk

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I was in building 53. It was perfect! Walked to the marketplace every morning for Starbucks coffee. It was a 35 second walk

We stayed next door in 54 on the top floor - loved the location. You could walk to the main building in the rain almost without getting wet.

Woj

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 marriott cypress harbour
1 marriott custom house
My wife and I always request building 53 or 54, top floor corner and love it. We own 3 Cypress weeks and 1 Custom House week and will be selling our Custom House this year as the MF are spiralling into space! Cypress is one of the best US property's in the Marriott portfolio mainly because of the addition of their general manager Herbert Vogt. He transferred from a German property and really turned Cypress into a showcase property.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro, you get one room with a king and one with a queen. Two private bathrooms. Huge living room. Ask for a corner unit and you will get a screened in porch with views from the front and side. Plus no neighbors on one side. Resort is about the same footprint as Manor Club (counting both sides), so not too big with a lake in the middle, but I'd ask to stay near the main check in area which is near the tennis courts and spa/fitness center (one of the best ones I've been to at a timeshare).
Thanks Big Matt, CPNY, jmhpus93, and Woj for all your kind comments. Hopeful, we can booked this forApril 2021 for our 54th anniversary along with a ten days Carribean Cruise.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I can add of all the timeshares we have been to in Orlando, except Disney, Marriott Cypress Harbour is my favorite. Disney timeshares only rate better for me as they are on site. When going to Orlando knowing I am not going to Disney, Marriott Cypress wins.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I can add of all the timeshares we have been to in Orlando, except Disney, Marriott Cypress Harbour is my favorite. Disney timeshares only rate better for me as they are on site. When going to Orlando knowing I am not going to Disney, Marriott Cypress wins.
Yeah, I think cypress harbor would win for me as well. Although maybe it’s because I enjoyed my room. Although I didn’t like the fact that the balconies were all next to each other and you had zero privacy on the balcony. This last trip has me thinking of picking up a DVC or an RCI trader lol

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from week 52 at Cypress. Building 56, 1st floor end unit. I would say for 2 senior couples the resort would be great. In terms of grounds, it is the most "plush" of the Orlando Marriotts. Nice to just walk around. It also has a very nice lounge if you want to head up for a drink or even a bit of organized trivia. Definitely a resort geared towards adults (compared to other Orlando MVC). We have stayed at Vistiana villages, but it was a long time ago. I don't recall the room....but the grounds are not as nice.