• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Customer Service is Horrible!

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been trying to call Marriott for a couple of days and (once negotiating endless phone options)
I am told "we are experiencing extraordinarily high call volume" and told to call "later".

Has happened ten times or more.

Anyone having similar problems??

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Are you talking Marriott....or MVC. If MVC....the answer is yes....there are several threads on the unhappy topic.

sportsfan1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to call this morning and am having the same issues with MVCI. What's the deal? I can't change a reservation, and it's getting very annoying...

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if MVC has anyone monitoring the TUG sight? If they do, it doesn't do any good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I only use website, when up and use the Chat if possible. I was able to Chat in 10min.

sportsfan1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The chat service was quick and easy. I didn't get the result I was looking for, but at least I got quick service...

Travelmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to use the chat a few days ago - in general I prefer the chat to calling. In the past, I have been able to chat with a real person. This time it was just a "digital assistant" named Sunny who seemed to be referring me to policies etc. So I gave up and resorted to calling. I had to call many times to get through.

Did you get to chat with a real person? Did I give up on Sunny too soon?

Lansdowne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KoOlina, Sabal Palms, Manor Club, Desert Willow, Kaanapali South, Trust Points
I called at 9:01 and had to wait 50 minutes until Owner Services answered but when they finally came on the line was able to book the weeks I wanted. I was worried available TSs would be gone since it had taken so long!

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to use the chat a few days ago - in general I prefer the chat to calling. In the past, I have been able to chat with a real person. This time it was just a "digital assistant" named Sunny who seemed to be referring me to policies etc. So I gave up and resorted to calling. I had to call many times to get through.

Did you get to chat with a real person? Did I give up on Sunny too soon?
I did try persevering with Sunny once then when I was still getting nowhere gave up on that option for future calls and ask to be transferred to a live operator immediately after the initial exchange.
sunny is geared up to deal with simple Q&As which is not why most Owners call.

Travelmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice an option to be transferred to a live operator. I guess I should have to looked closer at the options - spent over 50 min on hold waiting to speak with someone

Lansdowne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KoOlina, Sabal Palms, Manor Club, Desert Willow, Kaanapali South, Trust Points
It is 13 months out from Presidents' week with Valentine's Day rolled in, too. Busy time! Got a call-back quickly just now when I called back check on whether my request was included.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I got a regular person. I told Sunny that my question wasn’t answered and I was switched a minute later.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
Remember when they told you the lie during the sales process that you would have a personal vacation counselor? Or..the person that sold me the points said I can call them whenever I needed help? I still have the business card in my wallet. I keep it as a reminder to never buy anything from these people again.

So instead of the BS about personal service, how about just answering the phone like a company that actually values its customers?

This has been going on for a long time. It seems the management of MVC is perfectly OK with the poor customer service as they have done nothing to alleviate the problem.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I'm surprised to hear the complaints about poor customer service and phone support. I always call the MVC Vacation Ownership Advisors and never seem to have a problem getting through. Perhaps because I'm Chairman's Club my calls get answered promptly and the reps are always courteous and are able to address my requests.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Remember when they told you the lie during the sales process that you would have a personal vacation counselor? Or..the person that sold me the points said I can call them whenever I needed help? I still have the business card in my wallet. I keep it as a reminder to never buy anything from these people again.

So instead of the BS about personal service, how about just answering the phone like a company that actually values its customers?

This has been going on for a long time. It seems the management of MVC is perfectly OK with the poor customer service as they have done nothing to alleviate the problem.
At least the website always works......Bwwaaahhhaaahhhaaaa....there I go again, cracking myself up.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
When I call they give me the "hold time is 99 minutes" spiel but I always get the option to have them call me back. They have never failed to return the call.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am trying to pay my MF's and got a code to reset my password but it said there was a link. No link. The message when I called said I got some email in November I have never gotten (or it went into JUNK, which I delete daily).

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear the complaints about poor customer service and phone support. I always call the MVC Vacation Ownership Advisors and never seem to have a problem getting through. Perhaps because I'm Chairman's Club my calls get answered promptly and the reps are always courteous and are able to address my requests.

Yeah, I have the same experience. I can only assume the ownership level actually does mean something and we do get priority.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
One option for those having difficulty contacting the US MVCI member services line would be to call one of the non-US support lines for assistance. I do not believe your membership is tied to the US support lines. I've had great success with minimal wait times working through the Singapore member services line (+65 6877 6088). There are many others across the world. Obviously time difference and cost of the call (skype is cheap) need to be taken into account. Good luck!

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to pay my MF's and got a code to reset my password but it said there was a link. No link. The message when I called said I got some email in November I have never gotten (or it went into JUNK, which I delete daily).

I believe that this "code" is the number that appears when you log in to your Marriott VC account, which may be a moot point considering you can't log in because you need this I.D. number...

I hadn't really noticed the number before because I tend to think of my Marriott number as the one associated with my rewards. I think others said they found their customer number on past contracts from their timeshare purchases. I made sure to note it in my files. I don't remember needing to go back to the email to enter the code - which was in fact sent in mid November. For whatever reason, mine is still in my email trash.

Good luck!

alohakevin

unconfirmed
Reaction score
I recently had cause to call MVC on Sat afternoon about 4 minutes before they closed. I did have to wait on hold for about 45 minutes but a rep came on the line to help and was very apologetic about the wait. I honestly was surprised she answered but was told that as long as you are in the queue they will answer even after hours. The rep was only able to partially complete my request due to a glitch she couldnt explain and I was told she would follow up with me on Monday. Sure enough first thing Monday am I was emailed my transaction had been completed and all was good. As far as Im concerned this was great customer service.
I realize there have been issues and I have experienced those myself but also feel they deserve kudos on occasion. Given the magnitude of the merger Im not surprised there are issues. Being Bonvoyed aside.

alohakevin

unconfirmed
Reaction score

Just curious how they would know what tier you were before they answered? Is there a different phone number for Chairman. Elite owners with Vistana use to have an elite number to call not sure if that still applies?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious how they would know what tier you were before they answered? Is there a different phone number for Chairman. Elite owners with Vistana use to have an elite number to call not sure if that still applies?

There is a different phone #. And I do agree with vol_90 about foreign call centers, I believe it was Ireland? I dealt with once a few years back.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a different phone #. And I do agree with vol_90 about foreign call centers, I believe it was Ireland? I dealt with once a few years back.
Sadly, unless anyone can tell me differently (please), my “local” call centre in Cork Ireland does not have a dedicated number for Chairman’s Club Owners.
Everyone has to use the standard, single number.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am on hold for about 20 minutes already. UGH!