• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Confirmation Number for II Vistana Exchanges

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We recently booked an II AC at Sheraton Vistana Villages. As we know, the Marriott reservation number doesn't appear on the II Confirmation Certificate for your exchange. The "Reservation Number" on those appears to have a six digit internal Vistana confirmation number.

However, we have been receiving some pre-arrival emails and noticed in the footer that it showed an eight digit number that looked to be a Marriott.com reservation number. Sure enough, when I used this number on Marriott.com to lookup the reservation, it was there. I wasn't able to add my Bonvoy number to the reservation.

1594385130661.png

I don't see this on the confirmation from an StarOption reservation I made back in March, but perhaps it shows up on new ones now down in the footer.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just made a reservation and there was no Marriott number at the bottom of the first email.
On the emails that were sent for our upcoming reservations the Marriott number appears at the bottom.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
We recently booked an II AC at Sheraton Vistana Villages. As we know, the Marriott reservation number doesn't appear on the II Confirmation Certificate for your exchange. The "Reservation Number" on those appears to have a six digit internal Vistana confirmation number.

However, we have been receiving some pre-arrival emails and noticed in the footer that it showed an eight digit number that looked to be a Marriott.com reservation number. Sure enough, when I used this number on Marriott.com to lookup the reservation, it was there. I wasn't able to add my Bonvoy number to the reservation.

View attachment 23386

I don't see this on the confirmation from an StarOption reservation I made back in March, but perhaps it shows up on new ones now down in the footer.
All my reservations made directly on the Vistana site show up automatically [and immediately] on the Marriott.com site.

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to your Bonvoy member number, not the Bonvoy reservation number.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to your Bonvoy member number, not the Bonvoy reservation number.
I was to a degree. I tried adding my Bonvoy number to the reservation on Marriott.com and it wouldn't work. I will add it when I checkin as you mention.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was to a degree. I tried adding my Bonvoy number to the reservation on Marriott.com and it wouldn't work. I will add it when I checkin as you mention.
You should be able to call the resort and ask them to add it. I have been doing this for years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I had the same problem. I’ve had success with an II getaway at a Vistana resort by emailing the concierge prior to arrival and telling them I would like the reservation to show up in my Bonvoy App. It worked pretty smoothly and I was able to get elite night credits in my Bonvoy account.

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used an II certificate for a Vistana this summer. I then got the email and saw the Marriott confirmation number, so I tried to add my Bonvoy number, and like already said here, it was blocked.

However, I then called to resort to make a building request, and add my Bonvoy number, and they already had it in the reservation. And now it IS in my account. Magic!!!

So I’m just thinking that Marriott, owning II, they know exactly what we’re doing. Gee, it’s like “1984”....:eek:

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 23386

If you can pull up your reservation on Marriott.com then you should be able to add it to your account. Simply look up recognized reservation, click on “guest information”, then enter your name and bonvoy number, click submit, and then it will show up under that person’s specific bonvoy account number . We’ve done this many times.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you can pull up your reservation on Marriott.com then you should be able to add it to your account. Simply look up recognized reservation, click on “guest information”, then enter your name and bonvoy number, click submit, and then it will show up under that person’s specific bonvoy account number . We’ve done this many times.
There is a box to input the Bonvoy number, but the Submit button is grayed out even after adding the Bonvoy number. The name is already populated.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
There is a box to input the Bonvoy number, but the Submit button is grayed out even after adding the Bonvoy number. The name is already populated.
I've experienced this as well.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well....for all of our 7 weeks thru II at Marriott Maui, we were able to change the name and account number, so it works for some and not others. That’s unfortunate. Integration is obviously not perfect.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Submit button is probably grayed out to prevent name changes since Vistana charges $59 to update some reservations with a guest name. After logging into your Bonvoy account, try going back to the home page and click Find & Reserve > Lookup Reservation. After I found an II Marriott reservation, I got a popup asking if I wanted to add it to my Trips. Maybe that will work with Vistana reservations too.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The Submit button is probably grayed out to prevent name changes since Vistana charges $59 to update some reservations with a guest name. After logging into your Bonvoy account, try going back to the home page and click Find & Reserve > Lookup Reservation. After I found an II Marriott reservation, I got a popup asking if I wanted to add it to my Trips. Maybe that will work with Vistana reservations too.
That's how I've been looking it up. No popup for me.

Last edited:

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's how I've been looking it up. No popup for me.
I got the menu paths mixed up. Try clicking on My Trips > Don't see your reservation? Search by confirmation number. It was this latter path that had the pop up.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I got the menu paths mixed up. Try clicking on My Trips > Don't see your reservation? Search by confirmation number. It was this latter path that had the pop up.
That is actually what I have been doing. I actually don't see a way to search for a reservation from the Home page.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Marriott told me that our Interval International bookings for Marriott & Vistana could not be shown on our Bonvoy account until we are within 3 weeks of check-in. They suggested we have this done when checking in.