• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2020] Marriott Club Son Antem

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Is the location far from nightlife and good beaches? I’d be interested In checking the place out but not sure of its location. I’m thinking airbnb may be better? Would love to hear from those who have been here. I assume the beaches here are better than Marbella

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always funny how different owners have different priorities. We go places precisely because they are not near nightlife and beaches for the most part. Nothing wrong with it of course. Just older. We're hoping to go there one day and interested in the responses.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Always funny how different owners have different priorities. We go places precisely because they are not near nightlife and beaches for the most part. Nothing wrong with it of course. Just older. We're hoping to go there one day and interested in the responses.
Yeah, I’m hearing Palma is becoming a fun city on that island. Def want to be near the fun :)

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going there in May... looking forward to it. Our trip is just for sightseeing, not for nightlife, so we will be fine not to be close to it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Going there in May... looking forward to it. Our trip is just for sightseeing, not for nightlife, so we will be fine not to be close to it.
It would be great if you can come back here and update us on surrounding area :)

SonAntemOwner

Reaction score
Club Son Antem is located 24 km (15 Miles) east of Palma de Mallorca and 19 Km (12miles) from Palma International Airport (PMI) - the nearest town with shopping opportunities is the market town of Llucmajor (8 km / 5 Miles)

The Resort is located in a very peaceful area between two golf courses - absolutely no night life or easy beach access. Nearest beach is 20 km (12 Miles).
There are small pools between each block with 8 villas as well as a spa with large pool. There is a small garden at each villa - some villas also have a roof terrace.
Mallorca is a very beautiful island with many interesting cities and excursions. A rental car is an absolute requirement.
I have been at Son Antem once it twice almost every year - love the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Son Antem is one of our home resorts.
it is an excellent, rural resort set in large landscaped grounds amidst 2 golf courses.
Accommodation is in groups of townhouses, scattered around the resort with multiple pools nearby.
Each unit has its own private garden and bbq.
We usually go twice a year for several weeks and it is our favourite resort in Europe.
Majorca is a great island, with beautiful scenery / mountains..., character villages, numerous quality coves and beaches and Palma less than half an hour away as a vibrant city.
Negatives (for some, but not us) - it is very quiet, you really need a car, you can’t walk to shops or restaurants apart from the ones on the resort although there are plenty at the very lively town of Llucmajor just 5 minutes drive away and it is a good 20-30 minute drive to beaches.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for airbnb in Mallorca, it is a total no in Palma with prohibitive regulations and very frowned on by the locals generally.
So if you are seriously considering this option, check for sure that it is legally allowed

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
We absolutely love Son Antem, it is our favourite resort of all we've been to (and there's been a few!). One thing for certain is that a car is a must but then visiting Mallorca without renting a car to explore the fabulous island would be madness.

We love the fact that the accommodation is more house than apartment. We love the little garden and barbecue. The pools for every block of eight villas is fantastic, it means they're rarely busy, a lot of the time it's just us or one or two other couples. It's very quiet and relaxing, we don't go for nightlife but if you want it then S'Arenal is close and Palma is within a 20 minute drive and even Magaluf, if you're so inclined, is within easy reach.

The closest town is Llucmajor, a five minute drive. A bit unglamorous on the outskirts but the old town interior is quite pleasant however driving and parking in the narrow streets is not for the nervous. If you are concerned about driving the narrow roads then it's best to park on the outskirts and walk the short distance to the central square where there are plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes. There is a small supermarket in Llucmajor but I prefer to drive to nearby Campos where there is a Mercadona, Eroski, Aldi and Lidl all within a stone's throw of one another.

The markets in Campos and Santanyi are great particularly the Saturday food market in Campos. The market in Llucmajor is a bit disappointing.

The most popular beach nearby is Es Trenc which is a fabulous beach however it's in a protected location which means there's little infrastructure there. There is a small beach cafe, I've never used it and the reviews aren't great. Cala D'or is close by, it's a small town built with the architecture of Ibiza in mind. A popular resort with a small beach in a cove and many restaurants, some better than others.

The restaurant in the resort is mediocre (I've never encountered a decent resort restaurant) however there's an independent restaurant in an old finca in the grounds of the resort. Our last visit was a definite improvement on our previous one so it appears to have taken the feedback on board. For a bit of a splurge the nearby Son Julia is good.

Cala Pi is another nearby beach albeit small but it is flanked by dramatic cliffs with a small village feel.

Palma is my favourite Spanish city. The approach is quite spectacular from the coastal road as the city is dominated by the cathedral. There is a very large underground car park at the entrance to the city which will take you to the cathedral steps within a five minute walk. Lots to see and do in Palma as well as excellent shopping and dining.

Then you have the Tramuntana mountains and the villages within which I could wax lyrical about for hours, along the western coast taking in Port de Pollensa, Alcudia, Arta (and the caves), down to Porto Cristo and Portopetro and everywhere in between. We own two weeks and visit every year, usually in the May and October half term however this year we've secured an exchange for two weeks in August.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Pompey Family,

Thanks for your detailed description- sounds very intriguing! Are there good hiking opportunities with nice views?

We have visited Europe for 2 to 3 months for the past 4 yrs since my daughter is working in Germany. As such, we have now visited many of the major cities and areas in Central and Western Europe and even did some Eastern Europe countries this past fall. So looking for new places to visit this fall between Sept to Nov.

Haven’t visited any of the islands except Fuentaventura in the Canaries. So Mallorca sounds promising!

Also, thing about some places in Italy, Sicily, and Greece. We are retirees who love scenic easy to moderate hiking opportunities up to 4 to 5 hrs and unique historic sights. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joyce

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pompey Family,

Thanks for your detailed description- sounds very intriguing! Are there good hiking opportunities with nice views?

We have visited Europe for 2 to 3 months for the past 4 yrs since my daughter is working in Germany. As such, we have now visited many of the major cities and areas in Central and Western Europe and even did some Eastern Europe countries this past fall. So looking for new places to visit this fall between Sept to Nov.

Haven’t visited any of the islands except Fuentaventura in the Canaries. So Mallorca sounds promising!

Also, thing about some places in Italy, Sicily, and Greece. We are retirees who love scenic easy to moderate hiking opportunities up to 4 to 5 hrs and unique historic sights. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joyce
The best hiking would be in the Tramuntana mountains, across the North West of the island, but a good drive away.
There are walks/hikes more local to the resort, including some coastal ones but still a drive away.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Thank you , Barry, very helpful.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
All such great info. I will have to check this out.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very pretty - is that turquoise blue water a river or the ocean?

We take fall vacations - so beach is likely not an option.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very pretty - is that turquoise blue water a river or the ocean?

We take fall vacations - so beach is likely not an option.
Perhaps surprisingly there are not really any rivers in Mallorca, just seasonal torrents.
There are many coves like in the photo though.
Dependent on how early in the fall you want to travel, late September / early October can be excellent weather (in the low - mid 20s C) and the sea will have been warmed up throughout the Summer.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Son Antem was our first ever purchase with MVC and we now own 4 gold weeks, 2 of which are resales on the open market. We visit every year, for 3 weeks in June/July. There are very good beaches in Majorca, far better than those on the Costa Del Sol, you just have to be prepared to drive to them. Our favourites are Cala Mondragon, Cala Santanyii, & Cala Pi.
A rental car is essential, collect at the airport. The local town, Llucmajor has some great restaurants in the town square and on the approaches to the square. There is a great market on a Friday and again on a Sunday.
The on site marketplace is open 24 hrs for essentials and the local supermarkets are e cell et in the nearby towns.

Onsite retaurants are the golf club, LaTerrassa, typical Spanish golf club dining, La Finca which is independently run and the Hotel restaurant which is not run by Marriott.

it is an excellent resort with great facilities. The Spa Pool offers the usual facilities, the hotel pool is available to MVCI guests, the gym is small but little used and there are two jogging trails. If you are a golfer then this resort offers excellent golf opportunities.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
the hotel pool is available to MVCI guests
Yes, it's a great pool for swimming. I'm often there about 7 am for my morning swim, nice deep end for diving and long enough for some half decent lengths. A bit brisk in October but nice enough in the summer. The other pools are spent playing with the kids in although last June we experienced some issues with a young lifeguard who was unecessarily strict with young children who were playing in the indoor spa pool, we'd never seen him before so assumed he was new. I could understand if the spa was occupied by adults wanting a peaceful relaxation but it was all families with kids.

We raised the issue with management who stated that he had been advised accordingly.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this topic because DW and I are considering booking a week at Marriott's Son Antem in the spring of 2023. I have a few questions:

1. What is the weather in March and April likely to be. Is it likely we will be able to go on some hikes or explore some caves or take walks on the beach? (DW and I do not play golf)

2. Do you think that March or April is too early for us to visit.

3. In which month could we plan on the weather being warm enough for us to do a day cruise

4. I recall reading on TUG about some issues between the Marriott and a neighboring hotel sharing some facilities. If my recollection is correct, is that something that we should be concerned about?

5. Are there any changes that have occurred at Son Antem since February, 2020 that you think we should know about.

Thanks for your advice

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this topic because DW and I are considering booking a week at Marriott's Son Antem in the spring of 2023. I have a few questions:

1. What is the weather in March and April likely to be. Is it likely we will be able to go on some hikes or explore some caves or take walks on the beach? (DW and I do not play golf)

2. Do you think that March or April is too early for us to visit.

3. In which month could we plan on the weather being warm enough for us to do a day cruise

4. I recall reading on TUG about some issues between the Marriott and a neighboring hotel sharing some facilities. If my recollection is correct, is that something that we should be concerned about?

5. Are there any changes that have occurred at Son Antem since February, 2020 that you think we should know about.

Thanks for your advice
March / April weather can be OK and warm daytime, but it is variable.
It can be a good time for hikes and exploring before it gets too hot.
May onwards may be more consistent weather.

Marriott International have thankfully regained the management contract for the co-located hotel.
It is still currently closed for refurbishment, but will reopen this Summer (July?)

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

How is the internet reception at Son Antem. (For emails and FaceTime, don't care about gaming)

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

How is the internet reception at Son Antem. (For emails and FaceTime, don't care about gaming)
I have never had a problem with wifi at the resort, in the townhouse, in the garden, at the pool…

mogens.h1951

Reaction score
Thanks.

internet works fine for both Facetime and streaming. If you want to stream to TV, your streaming device (Tablet / smartphone) must be connected directly to the TV with HDMI cable.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked a week for a two bedroom at Son Antem for the middle of May, 2023. I'd appreciate it if you were to share any recommendations or information you have. Also do you have any suggestions as to which location to request.

Thanks for your help.