• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott close to Sea World

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Is there a Marriott within walking distane to Sea World? I thought I read that Cypress Harbour was next door to Sea World but in looking at Map Quest, looks like it is about a mile away or so. Thanks.

-Jim

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Grande Vista is also right down the road. But walking might not be a great idea, since it is down International Drive. Not the busy section of International Drive, but still a multi-lane road.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim,
you could easily walk to the entrance of Sea World by cutting through the road that the Hilton property is on, however, that only gets you to the parking lot. Sea World is quite a bit farther from the edge of the lot. It's a LONG walk when it is 92 degrees and humid

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sounds like Grande Vista and Cypress Harbour are both really close but not withing walking distance. More than good for me. I just thought I read a post form not too long ago about Cypress Harbour being so close to Sea World you could walk there, but when I checked the map, that didn't appear to be the case.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
You could also check Harbour Lake, which is across the street from Cypress Harbor. Grande Vista, Cypress, and Harbour Lake are the 3 closest MVCI properties. However, there are plenty of Marriott hotel properties also surrounding Sea World representing many of their brands including Renaissance, Courtyard, Residence Inn, and Fairfield Inn if you were looking for non-timeshare points/week exchange options.

As far as avoiding the actual walk to Sea World, if you stay along International Drive, you can take advantage of buying a cheap ticket on the Trolley that runs up and down International Drive. There is a stop at the front entrance of Grande Vista, but not sure where/how close the Sea World Trolley stop is.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a stop at the front entrance of Grande Vista, but not sure where/how close the Sea World Trolley stop is.

I have the trolley map in front of me. Stop 37 on the Red Line is Marriott's Grand Vista, stop 34 is SeaWorld's water park, and stop 33 is SeaWorld.

Stop 16 on the Green Line is Marriott's Harbour Lake but the closest stop to SeaWorld is the Renaissance Orlando.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Technically the back of Cypress Harbour backs to Discovery Cove so they are next to each other. It is walkable. As is Grande Vista. IF you are a walker by nature. Its a good 2 miles or more each way depending on where in the resort you are located. At Grande Vista some of the back buildings to I-Drive are probably a mile. Then another 1/2 mile or so to Central Florida Parkway and then another 1.2 mile to the actual park entrance. Same goes for Cypress unless you want to cut through the woods (LOL). We have done the walk from GV to Seaworld. Its about 15 minutes but we are walkers.

aceshigh73

Reaction score
And dont forget the walking around the theme park....

I've stayed at Harbour Lake and have done the Seaworld thing, last thing I wanted to do after 8 hours of walking around the park was walk back!!

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cypress Harbour to Sea World is a pretty easy walk for me. Sidewalks all the way. Biking is also another option. Can always take the I-Drive Trolley too that picks you up right in front of Cypress Harbour.

I take the trolley to Wet N Wild to walk to Universal and that seems like a longer walk than Cypress-Seaworld.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
Technically the back of Cypress Harbour backs to Discovery Cove so they are next to each other. It is walkable. As is Grande Vista. IF you are a walker by nature. Its a good 2 miles or more each way depending on where in the resort you are located. At Grande Vista some of the back buildings to I-Drive are probably a mile. Then another 1/2 mile or so to Central Florida Parkway and then another 1.2 mile to the actual park entrance. Same goes for Cypress unless you want to cut through the woods (LOL). We have done the walk from GV to Seaworld. Its about 15 minutes but we are walkers.

You must be a fast walkers. We are walkers also, but can't walk 2 miles in 15 minutes.
How far is it to the trolley stop? That sounds like a good plan.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wouldn't consider walking from any of the Marriott resorts to SeaWorld. While there is a sidewalk from Cypress Harbour and Harbour Lake, there is no sidewalk down close to Grande Vista on that part of I-Drive. While it isn't a real busy area of I-Drive, the cars do along that stretch drive pretty fast.

There is a IRide Trolley stop at the entrance to Grande Vista, but it would be a hike from just about any of the buildings to the entrance at I-Drive. Though I think they do have a shuttle that goes around throughout Grande Vista that could take you there.

If you don't have a car while doing just about any offsite stay in Orlando, rent one. If you can't, then seriously consider an onsite Disney stay if Disney is a big part of your visit to Orlando. If you do have a rental car, use it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have the trolley map in front of me. Stop 37 on the Red Line is Marriott's Grand Vista, stop 34 is SeaWorld's water park, and stop 33 is SeaWorld.

Stop 16 on the Green Line is Marriott's Harbour Lake but the closest stop to SeaWorld is the Renaissance Orlando.

The Renaissance Orlando stop is probably pretty close to the SeaWorld gates. It would just be a walk across the SeaWorld parking lot. I am not sure exactly where the red line 34 stop is, but the green line stop from Cypress Harbour should be close enough to be easily walkable.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't have to be a Marriott, HGVC Sea World is pretty much right on the parking lot. Still a big parking lot though. :p

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider walking from any of the Marriott resorts to SeaWorld. While there is a sidewalk from Cypress Harbour and Harbour Lake, there is no sidewalk down close to Grande Vista on that part of I-Drive. While it isn't a real busy area of I-Drive, the cars do along that stretch drive pretty fast.

There is a IRide Trolley stop at the entrance to Grande Vista, but it would be a hike from just about any of the buildings to the entrance at I-Drive. Though I think they do have a shuttle that goes around throughout Grande Vista that could take you there.

If you don't have a car while doing just about any offsite stay in Orlando, rent one. If you can't, then seriously consider an onsite Disney stay if Disney is a big part of your visit to Orlando. If you do have a rental car, use it.

We will have a car, but saving on parking would be nice. I will check out the trolley to cut down on the walk. We will be at Grande Vista.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trolley stops right in front of Cypress Harbour and then the Trolley drops you off at the gate of Seaworld. Can't be much better than that.

Here's a tip too. To avoid waiting at the trolley stop excessive amounts of time, time going to the stop based on the interval the trolley comes. For example, if the trolley is coming every 30 mins, make sure you get to trolley stop on the half hour since trolley starts at publix close to Cypress harbor. If trolley runs every hour, go to stop near the start of the hour.. If you go to trolley stop 10 after the hour and it runs once every hour, good chance you're going to be waiting at the trolley stop 1 hour. So be smart about catching the trolley.

BTW - Grand Vista is a great resort but it's not as convenient for Trolley stops or walking to Sea World like Dioxide mentions. Cypress Harbour has sidewalks all the way and the trolley stop is right there, no long walk to get to the trolley stop.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score