• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Chase Credit Card

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am new to having Marriott Chase Credit Cards. I called Marriott Rewards today to check on my reward points and try to understand how they are being awarded and what level I would qualify for in August. She said Gold Elite will become Platinum Elite in August but that might be only because I have that status now. It was not clear to me if MVC Executive status will convert to Platinum long term or not. She was not sure either.

However, she mentioned some other information I was not aware of. She said for every Marriott Chase card I have, I will get credit annually for 15 nights upon renewal. I have 3 Marriott Rewards cards: one is personal and the two others are for my two small businesses. So she said I will automatically get 45 nights per year, just based on having three qualifying credit cards. Then she said that I will get 1 extra night for every $3000 spent on my Marriott Rewards cards. I assume I will also get credit for all nights spent in my MVC timeshares plus any hotel nights.

I am guessing we will end up qualifying as Platinum Elite at a minimum if the information she told me is true.

Does what she says sound right to those Tuggers who have a lot of experience about the details of Marriott Rewards and the Chase credit cards?

Also, to obtain lifetime status at a certain level, do the night stays and points need to be achieved on one year - or is it cumulative over the entire time you are a Marriott Rewards member? I forgot to ask her that question.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What she said is incorrect.

The 15 nights are not stackable and it is well documented on the Marriott's website regarding their credit cards post Aug 2018. You can only have 15 freebie nights even if you have 3 separate cards. The current / old credit card, i.e. the $85 one has the 1 night bonus for every $3000 spent. It is expected that the new credit cards will be the same but that is "TBD" as per their website.

Under the old program, lifetime status counts points and nights. In future, the program will not track points, just nights + how many years one has achieved at that level.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Your info is not so hot....

First of all, it matters which of the Chase Marriott credit cards you have. Do you have the older (legacy) cards (Marriott Premier and Marriott Business) or the newer Marriott Premier Plus card? You'll get better answers here if you list which of the credit cards you are holding. If you have the older cards, are you planning to switch to the newer ones?

With the older cards, it was true that you get 1 elite night credit for each $3000 in spending. That's no longer the case with the newer Premier Plus card. Some would argue that if the elite night credit for spending 3K is valuable to you, perhaps that is a good reason to keep the old card and NOT switch to the new Premier Plus card.

Also, it was true in the old days that the 15 nights credit awarded to credit card holders would stack (add up). I had the older Premier personal and Business cards, so I used to get 30 nights credit per year. However, with the newer cards, the 15 elite nights credit will NOT stack - 15 will be the max no matter how many of the newer cards you have. I'll admit that I'm not certain what will happen to those who keep their older (legacy) Marriott credit cards - that is, will the 15 elite night credits continue to add or not.

Your info about lifetime status will soon not be accurate. In the old Marriott program, lifetime status was achieved by reaching a certain number of stays plus a certain number of points, and it was cumulative for purposes of reaching lifetime status. But the rules will be changing under the new Marriott program that goes into effect on August 1.

Finally, there is to be a change to the Marriott Business card some time in August. Chase hasn't yet announced what their plans are.

Things got more complicated.... Darn.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My cards just say Marriott Rewards Visa Signature. They are not the new card that is being rolled out. I got them between Nov 2017 and March 2018. I think they are Marriott Premier. They are definitely not Premier Plus.