• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG is asking for recent reviews of older resorts, earn a free year membership!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $18,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $18 Million dollars
  • We would love it if you would take a few minutes to participate in our Timeshare Survey Here there is no need to register or sign up for anything, just answer the questions online! We hope this survey will provide some fascinating answers to questions about Timesharing!
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 50,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Chase Card

gdrj

Reaction score
Once you’ve met the $5K spend and the free nights are in your account does anyone know how long of an expiration date you are given to use these certificates? 1 year?
I believe mine were a year but it was extended during the pandemic.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Just a follow up. We did get the card. Spend the 5K. The 5 nights were deposited a few days later with a 1 year expiration.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points
Just a follow up. We did get the card. Spend the 5K. The 5 nights were deposited a few days later with a 1 year expiration.
Awesome! I just received my card this week and through a down payment on a MVC points purchase and a recent hotel stay already racked up nearly $4K in charges in my first week (plus 24K in Bonvoy pts just from the card). I will have those five free nights in no time :)

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Did you doubt it would happen? Or were you just surprised how quickly they deposited the five nights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fizzlmasta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
The card is only providing 6X points just like it always has. Marriott provides 10X just like always as well. And the additional 1X point is the 10% silver elite bonus for a total of 17X. It’s not 17X just for the card earning.
So if you have gold elite than it’s 25% from Marriott and so on for higher statuses ?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
So if you have gold elite than it’s 25% from Marriott and so on for higher statuses ?
The extra 25% only applies to spending at hotels and resorts that are posted through the Bonvoy program. The points from credit card do not get the bonus.

fizzlmasta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
The extra 25% only applies to spending at hotels and resorts that are posted through the Bonvoy program. The points from credit card do not get the bonus.
Right. Card gives you 6x at Marriott properties and the extra comes from bonbon from whatever status tier you may have.
I’m still learning. Put down a point purchase recently and that should net a nice point balance in addition to 100k bonus points.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
Chase has a new sign up bonus for their Marriott Card. There were 3 things that interested us:

For $95
5 Free Nights up to a 250,000 (5*50,000 certificates)
Earn up to 17X total points for every $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®* (it looks like the Timeshare locations are included; need to look harder for MFs)
Free Night Award every year after your account anniversary

The 17X points was very interesting to us as this seems significantly higher than what we get with our Amex. A free night for $95 works for some of our travel, plus you can now use points to upgrade them.

Thoughts? Seems good for the 5 free nights alone for the short term.
I got five nights free last year from new Marriott card and have been using it marginally throughout the year. The 5 nites was worth it but I doubt if I’ll keep it another year it just doesn’t have very good points for anything other than Marriott and we don’t have a lot of travel that takes us to the nicer Marriotts. I’m liking the Chase Sapphire preferred more. We got a great bonus for that as well you might check it out.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you doubt it would happen? Or were you just surprised how quickly they deposited the five nights?

Surprised how fast, but also there was some question about qualifying for the sign up it if someone had gotten a previous sign up bonus. Ours was over two years ago.

We use chase Sapphire Reserve for most other travel too, but the 5 nights 50K for $95 was too good to pass up. The other thread regarding the Amex Bonvoy change of $300 credit is concerning. We will see if we keep that one Since this card has the same multipliers. Oh the card game.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum Founders(cough,gag). RCI, Shell, and WorldMark points. Disney's OKW and SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge (4);Val Chatelle (7); Hono Koa (3); SBP lots and lots, SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling those). WKORV-OF (2).
Surprised how fast, but also there was some question about qualifying for the sign up it if someone had gotten a previous sign up bonus. Ours was over two years ago.

We use chase Sapphire Reserve for most other travel too, but the 5 nights 50K for $95 was too good to pass up. The other thread regarding the Amex Bonvoy change of $300 credit is concerning. We will see if we keep that one Since this card has the same multipliers. Oh the card game.
Yes, I agree! The change with the $300 credit at Marriott almost made the card worthy of the hefty fee. Remembering to use that card every month for that restaurant credit will not be easy for me. I know I will regret keeping the card. American Express Priority Pass Select lounge benefit doesn't even cover the restaurants that Chase Sapphire Reserve covers. I am rethinking the Marriott Brilliant we just got six months ago.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

So how many Marriott credit cards do you have now? I have two and still not certain if I would be approved for this one.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So how many Marriott credit cards do you have now? I have two and still not certain if I would be approved for this one.
This is our second card. We upgraded to the Amex Bonvoy in 2018. The rest is how many Chase cards have you gotten over the last few years. I think it was a 5/24 rule. 5 cards over a 24 month period . We got the Chase Sapphire in 2018.
I also think that is why you could not have gotten the Amex sign up bonus within the last 24 months. They tell you right away when applying. Hope that helps.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
This is our second card. We upgraded to the Amex Bonvoy in 2018. The rest is how many Chase cards have you gotten over the last few years. I think it was a 5/24 rule. 5 cards over a 24 month period . We got the Chase Sapphire in 2018.
I also think that is why you could not have gotten the Amex sign up bonus within the last 24 months. They tell you right away when applying. Hope that helps.
Assuming I read it correctly, the 24 month bonus is just for the business card. If you have the personal Amex you won’t get the five nights.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, I have the personal Bonvoy card and As you know I got the bonus, no business card.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
No, I have the personal Bonvoy card and As you know I got the bonus, no business card.
Ok, good to know. I may apply today and see what happens.

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
When you read the card bonus qualifications when applying at Chase, it said with 24 months (points guy article said same)
Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:

• are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
  • are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
  • applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
I added the highlight
hmm, does anyone know if these restrictions are typical as the offer changes?

I have both the Bonvoy and the Bonvoy Brilliant ($95 for a 35k certificate is worth it for me). I guess I should cancel the regular bonvoy card, wait 30 days, and also the 24 months for the Brilliant later this year, then keep an eye out for offers likes.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
used my 35k free night for $300 room. I’d say it’s worth it
I've had many 35k awards... After the devaluation this year, it's more difficult to get true value from the award now that many hotels are >35k.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have never had a problem using the 35k nights since there is a Courtyard we stay at when visiting my father in law (92). You can also add 15k points to the certificate if you want a nicer place. $95 for one night is worth It.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum Founders(cough,gag). RCI, Shell, and WorldMark points. Disney's OKW and SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge (4);Val Chatelle (7); Hono Koa (3); SBP lots and lots, SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling those). WKORV-OF (2).

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned