• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Bonvoy Nightly Credits? [MERGED]

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Do MVC owners receive nightly credits on their Marriott Bonvoy membership account when they use their MVC weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Do MVC owners receive nightly credits on their Marriott Bonvoy membership account when they use their MVC weeks?

Yes.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Interesting. Although a bit different, when I buy and use Marriott weeks from Interval, MB does not give me nightly credits. Not sure what the rationale is other than ownership

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting. Although a bit different, when I buy and use Marriott weeks from Interval, MB does not give me nightly credits. Not sure what the rationale is other than ownership

You need to attach your Bonvoy number to the reservation at checkin and you should get credit.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Make sure you give the front desk your Marriott Bonvoy account number at check-in, of course. On our timeshare reservations, it's not linked automatically. (Oops, I see that dioxide just posted this as I was typing.)

Our MVC account is under my name, and timeshare stays typically have my name on the confirmation, but we can get elite night credits for either myself or my wife's account, depending on which Bovoy account number we provide.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What about renting from an owner - would the owner or renter get the credit?
It would really depend on who's Bonvoy number is attached. If the renter adds their number at checkin, they should get credit.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Good question. I have to assume the owner because I’ve rented owner weeks and they tell me not to change the MB number when checking in. So that must be the reason.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Good question. I have to assume the owner because I’ve rented owner weeks and they tell me not to change the MB number when checking in. So that must be the reason.

Technically the owner is violating the Bonvoy terms and conditions and taking the elite night credits for themselves when you are technically the one that is eligible to receive. Per T&C you must be staying in the unit for the night in order to get night credit.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
You need to attach your Bonvoy number to the reservation at checkin and you should get credit.

I do attach my number at check in. Example. I recently stayed at a Westin for two weeks in Cancun. Before going on my trip, both weeks were showing as pending trips in my MB account. However, after coming home, I checked my account and they were no longer in my account. Nor did they give me nightly credits.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Technically the owner is violating the Bonvoy terms and conditions and taking the elite night credits for themselves when you are technically the one that is eligible to receive. Per T&C you must be staying in the unit for the night in order to get night credit.

Sounds reasonable but I’ve never tried to provide my number at check in. Maybe I’ll do that next time.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I do attach my number at check in. Example. I recently stayed at a Westin for two weeks in Cancun. Before going on my trip, both weeks were showing as pending trips in my MB account. However, after coming home, I checked my account and they were no longer in my account. Nor did they give me nightly credits.

You could have opened a missing stay request. I have found Sheraton and Westin timeshare properties are not very good at getting the nights applied to our Bonvoy account.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
You might find this thread helpful if it involves a stay at a Vistana property.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
You could have opened a missing stay request. I have found Sheraton and Westin timeshare properties are not very good at getting the nights applied to our Bonvoy account.

I did and it didn’t work. I also called the hotel and requested their involvement. That loop hasn’t been closed at this time so maybe it will produce the result I’m looking to obtain.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
You might find this thread helpful if it involves a stay at a Vistana property.

Thank you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I did and it didn’t work. I also called the hotel and requested their involvement. That loop hasn’t been closed at this time so maybe it will produce the result I’m looking to obtain.

Yeah, it is usually problematic getting credit after the fact. So much so that I have given up trying. Though I am already lifetime Bonvoy platinum and already hit Titanium this year and my wife will get to Titanium this year just through Marriott stays. So no sense fighting over Vistana credit.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Unreal. Of course you should change it. You rented the week you get the night credits. That’s slimy on the renters part.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think II sends the info to MVC resorts anymore so it's likely no one got credit for an II stay either exchange or getaway. I always make sure it's added by the resort ahead of time and double check at checkin. But I am interested in why it's important since you don't believe in buying timeshares. Would you consider joining TUG as a member?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think II sends the info to MVC resorts anymore so it's likely no one got credit for an II stay either exchange or getaway. I always make sure it's added by the resort ahead of time and double check at checkin. But I am interested in why it's important since you don't believe in buying timeshares. Would you consider joining TUG as a member?
II never send the Bonvoy/MR number to the resorts. They don't have it. I think they used to pass along ownership information, but stopped doing that. I know years ago the resorts would often know we were owners and I would see my Bonvoy number in the pre arrival emails. They don't do that anymore either.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
II never send the Bonvoy/MR number to the resorts. They don't have it. I think they used to pass along ownership information, but stopped doing that. I know years ago the resorts would often know we were owners and I would see my Bonvoy number in the pre arrival emails. They don't do that anymore either.
Correct, they once did but haven't in a few years is what I'm told.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
RE: II getaways
I used to be able to attach my Bonvoy # in one of several ways. Either calling Marriott, emailing Marriott, or easiest just add missing stay on my Bonvoy account.
Now none of those work anymore, and it seems the only way is to call the resort and/or give them the number at check-in.

I had a getaway stay at a Sheraton timeshare in January and had my Bonvoy number attached. But I never got elite nights credit after both emailing Marriott, and calling them. I didn't pursue it since I'm Lifetime Titanium and didn't think I'd reach the 50 night and 75 night threshold for those bonuses. But with the gift elite night credit of 36 nights, I will if a December II getaway counts.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
RE: II getaways
I used to be able to attach my Bonvoy # in one of several ways. Either calling Marriott, emailing Marriott, or easiest just add missing stay on my Bonvoy account.
Now none of those work anymore, and it seems the only way is to call the resort and/or give them the number at check-in.

I had a getaway stay at a Sheraton timeshare in January and had my Bonvoy number attached. But I never got elite nights credit after both emailing Marriott, and calling them. I didn't pursue it since I'm Lifetime Titanium and didn't think I'd reach the 50 night and 75 night threshold for those bonuses. But with the gift elite night credit of 36 nights, I will if a December II getaway counts.
Make sure you give them the number and have them add it there. First they said oh yes I see it’s on file (after I put it on my Pre arrival sheet)....... two days later still didn’t see it in my app. I asked which number they had on file. Turns out it was my cell phone number. I gave them my bonvoy number and she wrote it down and said I will get that attached. Still nothing. I had to go to the front desk again! Be diligent to get it attached. For me it was the difference between platinum or hitting titanium so I wanted those nights.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have found getting credit on Marriott II stays to be fairly easy. I have found getting elite nights for Westin/sheraton II stays (and even owner stays) to be very difficult and usually results in several reps insisting that they don't qualify. Since 7-14 nights usually won't affect my annual status, I've just given up.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have found getting credit on Marriott II stays to be fairly easy. I have found getting elite nights for Westin/sheraton II stays (and even owner stays) to be very difficult and usually results in several reps insisting that they don't qualify. Since 7-14 nights usually won't affect my annual status, I've just given up.
Same here. I don't bother fighting for Vistana nights anymore. I hit Titanium this year (mainly because of the free nights they also tossed in) and my wife will do the same. This all from Marriott exchanges, getaways and ACs. We have a number of StarOption reservations and they say my number was there, but I think they are looking at a different system. Likely the one they use to post Bonvoy points to after a sales presentation and not the reservation management system.