• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Beyond

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what I found out: it’s a marketing spin to get folks to buy HPP.

1) Hyatt is not going away with the Marriott purchase.
2) In order to participate in the Marriott Beyond program, you have to be enrolled in the Hyatt Point Program through a developer purchase. Legacy week owners are excluded.
3) The Marriott Beyond program will only be able to access the “Explorer Collection”. Being an HPP owner who is also in the Marriott Beyond program will not have access to any other Marriott properties (no DC, MVC, ETC) “at this time”. I asked when we would have access, and he didn’t have an answer.
4) Marriott Beyond is supposed to start in September coinciding with Marriott taking over sales of Hyatt / HPP. Again, the sales guy stressed that Hyatt properties would not be rebranded to Marriott. However, he also stressed that we should purchase HPP NOW because “once Marriott takes over sales, the cost will go up”.
5) I specifically requested that he produced written documentation proving what he was talking about. He said they had not gotten anything printed up yet.
6) I asked about the conversion ratio / points it would be to convert HPP points to Marriott Explorer Collection points, he said that he did not have that information.

So, my take on this whole Marriott Beyond thing is that while there may be something coming down the line, it’s just garbage to get people to buy HPP.

Last edited:

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about what a waste of time this was, there is one good thing that came from it. The sales guy stressed multiple times that the Hyatt properties are not going away or being rebranded. Might be sales spin (I’ll be “BEYOND” upset if they announce the Hyatt’s are going away, spun off, rebranded, etc. ), but if anything the sales guy said was true, I think that the Hyatt properties are safe is a fact.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
We signed up for the presentation at the Hyatt hotel in town and got a much better offer then from the resort last year when we stayed at Sunset Harbor
ditto !! Much more !!

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about what a waste of time this was, there is one good thing that came from it. The sales guy stressed multiple times that the Hyatt properties are not going away or being rebranded. Might be sales spin (I’ll be “BEYOND” upset if they announce the Hyatt’s are going away, spun off, rebranded, etc. ), but if anything the sales guy said was true, I think that the Hyatt properties are safe is a fact.

Can they legally just get rid of Hyatt brand and merge it with Marriott?

About a completely brand new brand? That would completely devalued the timeshare.

Will this need to be negotiated on a resort by resort basis?

I’m sure lawyers out there that are owners looked into this.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can they legally just get rid of Hyatt brand and merge it with Marriott?

About a completely brand new brand? That would completely devalued the timeshare.

Will this need to be negotiated on a resort by resort basis?

I’m sure lawyers out there that are owners looked into this.

I’m not a lawyer, please keep that in mind when reading my answer.

Yes, not only can Marriott change the name / remove the Hyatt brand, they may have to if the licensing agreement with Hyatt does not happen. Luckily, from what I was hearing from the sales guy (cough), this is not going to happen, Hyatt will remain Hyatt.

I doubt Marriott wants to devalue the system they just paid a massive amount of money for.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’m not a lawyer, please keep that in mind when reading my answer.

Yes, not only can Marriott change the name / remove the Hyatt brand, they may have to if the licensing agreement with Hyatt does not happen. Luckily, from what I was hearing from the sales guy (cough), this is not going to happen, Hyatt will remain Hyatt.

I doubt Marriott wants to devalue the system they just paid a massive amount of money for.
Seems like everyone who owns the companies MVC bought is concerned about how MVC will/can/may ruin/change/keep-the-same their ownerships.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I received $200 (in Wells Fargo Visa Gift cards) via the Guy at the Kiosk at the Hyatt hotel courtyard. Plus Taxi fare to and from the Beach House. That was in March 2019. Just FYI.

and later in July at Pinion Pointe, after a HPP presentation, when I almost decided later that night to do it even after say no and leaving the meeting that morning, but I quickly backed off as I read over the fee schedule in my room that night. I did chose and get the 10,000 World of Hyatt Hotel Points Posted to my Hotel account for attending the meeting.

Again just last month, the week before Thanksgiving, while trading into Ka'anapali where they are just selling HRC deeded weeks and where I firmly keep saying "NO THANKS" , all week to at least 4 OPC's on the grounds and the concierges I did not agree to attend any presentation. I just knew I had no intertest and would feel a little guilty taking there money ( gifts actually - no money was offered). I did however get my free Hyatt RC bag and two boxes of chocolate covered macadamia nuts:banana: from them with out any owners update meeting.

But I did go to the owners meeting that was quite nice. I did meet a new owner couple later in the week and when I explained to them the difference between the "OWNERS UPDATE MEETING" and an "OWNERS MEETING", they were quite disappointed that they had wasted their time sitting through an upgrade presentation at the OWNERS UPDATE MEETING at the same time the Owners meeting was going on. They said they would never make that mistake again and thanked me for that information, and for other "secrets", history of the club, some suggestions such as on how to best use their deed points and where and how to buy more if they felt the need...etc.

Last edited: