• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott berckenridge exchange

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just traded my Aruba surf club studio unit ( week 33) for the 1br unit at Berckenridge (week 50). The unit assigned is OBST. Does it mean anything? Are there any particular units I should request? Any tips for Breckenridge? Thanks in advance!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
At Moutain Valley Lodge, our preference is for a higher floor unit and a view of Maggie Pond. I believe our favorite unit would probably be one of the lower floor units that face directly at Maggie Pond if we could get one. The only units I would not want are the units that face the other buildings.

This resort has either 1 bedroom or studio units. They are not two bedroom lock-off units. They are individual studio and 1 bedroom units. I believe there is a pecking order established as to who gets what preference but wouldn't swear to it. We are multi-week Marriott owners who exchanged one of our Marriott weeks into MVL. We were assigned a unit facing the pool/shopping center/Maggie Pond on a higher floor. We were satisfied with our unit assignment.

You can view our photo album of Breckenridge and MVL by clicking the link in my signature below. We travel to Breckenridge in the summer and fall. Skiers traveling during ski season might have different preferences for unit location based on proximity to ski lockers and amenities than we do in the summer.

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Any restaurants you can recommend? What about local grocery stores? Thanks again!

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there last year. It is a great resort right next to the lift line. We requested to be close to the ski shop and got a room just a few doors down the hall. They will store your boots and skis there.

The elevation there is very high. My son was too sick to get out of the bed on the first day. All of us had headache for the entire long weekend. My friend went for longer visit and took the first day off to see a a park. They said it helped greatly. I heard it also helps if you could stay in Denver for a day or two before getting to Breckenridge. We went to ski at Vail for a day, no problem there but the headache returned as soon as we got back.

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The elevation there is very high. My son was too sick to get out of the bed on the first day. All of us had headache for the entire long weekend. My friend went for longer visit and took the first day off to see a a park. They said it helped greatly. I heard it also helps if you could stay in Denver for a day or two before getting to Breckenridge. We went to ski at Vail for a day, no problem there but the headache returned as soon as we got back.

My family had the same issue at Breck over president's weekend last year. We generally ski Park City, which has a much lower elevation, and have never had any problems there. Definitely recommend taking some time to get acclimated to the altitude before skiing.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Thanks! Any restaurants you can recommend? What about local grocery stores? Thanks again!

There's a variation of the Kroger brand in town (sorry, can't recall the name) that we go to. It may be the only game in town.

Blue Moose, which is within walking distance from MVL, is great for breakfast. We've never eaten lunch there and it's not open for dinner. Be aware that they don't accept credit cards (at least they didn't as of our last visit). We also enjoy the Breck Brew Pub. Not fancy but they have reasonable prices and good food.

My advice would be to stay away from The Dredge (we refer to it as the Drudge). It looks like it should be a nice place to eat with atmosphere but, our opinion was it was over priced, needed a lot of cleaning up, poor service and less than quality food.

I enjoy Mi Casa Mexican restaurant but I've read several reviews of people who did not like them.

If you want to go up the mountain, Seven's, located within Grand Lodge on Peak 7 (another timeshare) offers some great views. I can't say their inexpensive but they're not over the top either. Not a huge menu but reasonable. We're split on this one as I enjoy it but the wife has trouble finding something on the menu she likes. They tend to be a little to fancy with their menu items for her (they didn't have plain yellow mustard for her burger for instance). They use to have one evening (can't recall which one) that was all you could eat snow crab legs. Mostly, I enjoy the view and the food was adaquate.

There are some really nice choices in town according to friends of ours but we've never really went out for a very nice meal while in town. We've mostly just snacked our way through Breck.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
MMVL has about the best location in Breckenridge. We never had a bad meal and mostall the best restaurants and shopping are within walking distance. It is a very easy drive to Vail, Avon, Beaver Creek, and Copper Mountain. The staff at MMVL are very friendly and helpful. You will have a great time. I posted a link to our recent photos in a previous thread.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone have any idea what the II unit code is for the studio units?

Reaction score

If you are not used to the elevation, staying hydrated (to the point of seemingly OVER-hydrated) can make a huge difference in helping your body adjust and fight off the altitude sickness. Every trip we make to Breck (once or twice a year) coming from our much lower altitudes, always includes driving ourselves crazy drinking water constantly starting the day before we start our trip. It may seem obsessive, and certainly makes for way too many bathroom stops, but we have yet to lose a moment of our trips there to altitude sickness.

This is by no means a guarantee, but it's worked well enough for us it might be worth trying. Good luck. I hope it helps.