• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Beds

luckydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have any of you purchased the new Marriott Bedding from Marriott? Right now they are having a 20% off sale and I am thinking of getting a set. Whenever my wife and I sleep on this bedding we get a good nights sleep. They have a Supreme model and a Supreme Plus which has a padded top. The pricing seems competitive with the better matresses out there but the down side is there is a $300.00 shipping charge and a no return policy. This is why I am asking if any Tuggers have bought, and if you did, what was your experience like.

Tony

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Yes. http://www.shopmarriott.com/ Click The Marriott Bed. These beds are very comfortable. If I was in the market for a new bed, I would definitely consider. Our current bed was a lot more expensive (even with shipping) and I like the Marriott one better.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
only bought some of the pillows from the company that makes them for Marriott timeshares. I like the pillows, but they are much bigger than the little ones Marriott has (although you get a bunch of them). Have not looked at the mattress---don't really like all that down stuff---TOO HOT!

andypoole

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are interested in buying a Marriott bed, having had some some great nights' sleep in various Marriotts and TS's. We're in the UK and the Marriott shop in Europe is handled via France. We looked earlier this year and the cost for a 160cm bed was £1185. That is now £1600 which is making us think twice as that's a whopping increase. It's for our apartment in Spain which is just a couple of miles from Playa Andalucia (where we're owners), and we're wondering what happens to the old beds when they're replaced. It would be greener to trundle one a couple of miles than ship one from France to Southern Spain!

Incidentally, the 'Marriott Bed' must vary around the globe as when I enquired, the assistant asked which country we'd experienced a bed before and was it a hotel or TS.

lorilulu

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can buy the Marriott bed and all the bedding at any Nordstrom store or Nordstrom online- they have it on sale at least twice a year.

Jeffrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does the European bed cost twice as much ??

I´d also love to buy the Marriott bed, but....

...the European price for Germany is €2000 (approx. $3000) for a super king size (200x200cm). This is essentially double what one has to pay in the US.

In addition, all of the accessories (pillows, comforters, etc.) are extremely expensive in comparision with the US prices.

It remains to be a great idea and I love the Marriott comfort, but am just not willing to pay double here in Europe for essentially the same.

Maybe we´ll be able to buy with points someday :bawl:

luckydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and buy a set. I get my best sleep on the Marriott bedding. I believe it is Pacific Coast from California that makes these bedding products for Marriott. They make them to Marriotts specifications. I wonder if I will get any bonus points for using my Marriott Visa?

andypoole

TUG Member
Reaction score
To make matters worse, there is a bed sale but only in the US!!!!
From the UK, we have to order our bed through Marriott in France.The current price in Pounds for the bed we want is £1600. I also went into the French site and the same bed costs 1600 euros, which at today's exchange rate is £1289. Neither of the quotes include delivery, so we're talking about the same product being bought through the same outlet being 2 vastly different prices according to which language you order it in!!!

dmaxdmax

Reaction score
Before dropping a premium price on Marriott bedding make certain to check out the alternatives from the big boys like Sealy or Sterns & Foster. We were almost sucked in by another lux chain's bedding until I played around on Google for a few minutes and found their luxury proprietary brand was manufactured by Sealy.

Find out how many coils the Marriott mattress has and use that to narrow your search among the national brands. It will probably be fairly easy to get down to a few choices.

As an owner of an over-priced Shiffman I'm pretty certain our next set will be more ordinary but just as comfortable.

YMMV

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also love this bed. I went out to the Nordstrom site to compare pricing, but they do not carry the Marriott bedding, only the Westin Heavenly bedding. Is it the same thing? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure. Also, it's not available in Massachusetts stores, and there's no price on the web site for the actual bed. Does anyone know what the price is and if it's the same as the Marriott bed? I've been thinking about buying the Marriott bed for about a year now, so maybe it's time.

dmaxdmax

Reaction score
That's it - I remember now. It's the Westin Heavenly bed that's made by Sealy. At least it was a few years ago.

And it's pretty darn heavenly.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the original post. The 20% off was just what I needed to go ahead and purchase the Marriott bed. I even called to ask which style I slept on at Ocean Pointe, and they were able to tell me. I can't wait for it to arrive!

andypoole

TUG Member
Reaction score
We talk about 'The' Marriott bed but there are many versions. The MVCI beds are not the same as the hotel beds and the JW beds are different again. Here in Europe they are not the same as in the States but even allowing for those differences, each one I've slept in - be it US or Europe, TS or Hotel, they've ALL been comfortable!!

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Has anyone tried or bought this make? If so, what is your verdict?

Last year we were on the search for the "perfect" bed. If you look at various forums on the Net, there are a lot of people finding that the new mattresses last anywhere from 6 months to 4 years. We've gotten 3-4 years out of our last few sets (and we are both thin), so I was determined to get one that would last and that would be comfortable.

BTW- as posted above, there is no one Marriott bed- if you call their number, they will specifically ask what resort you are staying at, because the bed structures vary, even between different MVCI resorts. If I recall properly, they are made by a company called Jamison (but I am not certain of the company).

Anyway- we tried the Dux bed- and I hated it. Lying on my back I felt like my pelvis was tilted towards whatever side I was on the bed; that is, the center was higher than the sides and created a tilting feeling, even if I was lying on my "side" of a king bed. The salesman tried to convince me the floor was angled, but interestingly I felt that tilt towards the opposite side when I lied on the left versus the right of the bed. I also did not like the fact that the foam edges of each of their adjustable topper coils (the topper is 3 coil/foam pieces velcroed together, one soft, one medium and one firm, so that you can choose the positioning, generally the soft by the shoulder, the firm in the middle and the medium by the feet) was just that dark grey polyurethane foam. You need to try it- if your read many of the reviews, there are lots of Dux lovers, but a lot of people have relegated it to their guest room because they hate the beds.

If you live anywhere near Connecticut (and, believe it or not, people actually come there from all over, even fly there for this place) there is a company called Sleepetc. which is one of the best resources for bed shopping. Jeff, the owner, is one of the most accommodating guys around and his manager, Anthony, is terrific as well. If you are considering something in the Dux range, I would strongly suggest checking out their Swedish beds, which are far superior to the Dux IMHO and are the best constructed beds made. The Carpe Diem (which we bought) and the Hastens are amazing and, although pricey, these are 30 year beds.

Marilyn