• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Autograph Powerscourt Dublin

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here you go, from the hotel's website: Directly below the "Powerscourt" header: Hotel Resort Spa

http://www.powerscourthotel.com/
Some properties have their own websites, but these are inconsistent when trying to determine whether a property is officially a hotel or a resort.

Marriott.com shows "Our Hotel" or "Our Resort" consistently. Again, look at the line of links below the logo. This applies not just to Powerscourt, but to any Marriott property.

Although resorts are exempted from the lounge/breakfast benefit, some resorts offer it anyway. It's good business to attract guests who have a proven track record of staying with Marriott.

Here's the Marriott.com entry for Powerscourt:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dubak-powerscourt-hotel-autograph-collection/

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some properties have their own websites, but these are inconsistent when trying to determine whether a property is officially a hotel or a resort.

Marriott.com shows "Our Hotel" or "Our Resort" consistently. Again, look at the line of links below the logo. This applies not just to Powerscourt, but to any Marriott property.

Although resorts are exempted from the lounge/breakfast benefit, some resorts offer it anyway. It's good business to attract guests who have a proven track record of staying with Marriott.

Here's the Marriott.com entry for Powerscourt:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dubak-powerscourt-hotel-autograph-collection/

Let's agree to disagree on this one. We see it different ways. I checked my online bills from my stay there and on the hotel stationery from the concierge, it says "Powescourt Hotel".

I see "Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection", first and foremost, when clicking on Marriott.com.

So, semantics, but a lovely hotel, resort, spa, etc., anyway you slice it.

I am looking forward to returning as a "gold elite" and maybe having breakfast ! Thanks again for the FlyerTalk link. That's a keeper.

Late edit/addendum:

Hard to believe that the Powerscourt is a category 7 as is the Fairfield Inn in Hyannis. No comparison, day and night.

-

Last edited:

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's agree to disagree on this one. We see it different ways. I checked my online bills from my stay there and on the hotel stationery from the concierge, it says "Powescourt Hotel".

I see "Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection", first and foremost, when clicking on Marriott.com.
There's nothing here to agree or disagree about.

Some Marriott benefit standards differ depending on whether a property is officially a hotel or a resort.

You can't just go by the property name. Some properties with "Hotel" in their names or descriptions are classified as resorts. Some properties with "Resort" in their names or descriptions are classified as hotels.

Marriott has 4,200+ hotels in 87 countries and territories, under 19 brands. There's just one easy, consistent online way to to determine whether a property is officially a hotel or resort. I've described it in this thread.

It's the Powerscourt Hotel, but according to Marriott.com, Powerscourt is officially a resort.

According to the entry of FlyerTalk, Powerscourt currently provides breakfast anyway, despite being a resort and thus not being required by Marriott to provide breakfast. Powerscourt could remove the breakfast benefit at any time and still be in compliance with Marriott standards. But it's more likely that Powerscourt wants to continue to attract Marriott Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members.

Last edited:

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beaglemom,
Thank you so much for all of the links on Powerscourt! VERY happy and excited to be going! Werner "thank u" for the flyertalk link.

Beaglemom, your trip sounds fantastic! I can tell you are quite captivated by Ireland , and as this is my first trip there I KNOW it will be a beautiful country! I have been having a many years on going love affair with Bavaria and Zell am See , Austria. They haunt my dreams and I live for the summer months to go there! When we are flying into Munich I am so excited that I feel as though I could turn cartwheels coming down the ramp.:hi:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beaglemom,
Thank you so much for all of the links on Powerscourt! VERY happy and excited to be going! Werner "thank u" for the flyertalk link.

Beaglemom, your trip sounds fantastic! I can tell you are quite captivated by Ireland , and as this is my first trip there I KNOW it will be a beautiful country! I have been having a many years on going love affair with Bavaria and Zell am See , Austria. They haunt my dreams and I live for the summer months to go there! When we are flying into Munich I am so excited that I feel as though I could turn cartwheels coming down the ramp.:hi:

So excited for you. There's something special about Ireland.

Forgot to say that there's a little pub inside of Powerscourt called McGills. Decent pub food, entertainment (sometimes) and convenient. We sat in the little "snug" ( I think it's called) and just enjoyed our snacks and drink while listening to some traditional music. We were tired and weren't up to going over to Enniskerry center to the restaurant pub.

http://irishpubcompany.com/portfolio-view/mcgills-powerscourt-hotel/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...eviews-McGills-Enniskerry_County_Wicklow.html

-

Last edited:

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now. We were upgraded to a huge suite. It is a gorgeous place. Does anyone have recommendations for good places to eat?