• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott, and Tug testimony already at less than 1 month owner

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your great information and advice. TUG and timesharing I can tell will save me lots of money, and provide awesome vacations. Thanks to tug, so far in less than 1 month of ownership I've:

1) Purchased Marriott Cypress Harbour sport week at $4,250 successfully.
2) Traded my '09 week for a 2 bedroom Marriott Ko Olina Oceanfront!
3) Rented Wyndham Old Town Alexandria for 3 nights for $168 then took a 30 minute owners "tour" and received $100 in gift cards making it only $68 for the 3 nights!
4) Purchased an Interval getaway at my home resort for a better week than my sport season for nearly half of my MF.
5) Reserved my spot in an RCI point rental agreement starting next year!

All in less than a month! Early in the year we took advantage of two timeshare tours (wastegate and vacation village) receiving free nights and Disney tickets for earlier trips to Orlando this year.

NOW I can understand why people can afford to go on so many vacations! With a little effort and community help, great deals can be had!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Great first moves

Wow - you catch on quickly! Timesharing can be a very inexpensive way to enjoy great vacations at upscale resorts in large condos if you use the tools offered. You have already done better - especially buying resale from the start - than even the most seasoned timeshare owners did when they started out (most bought at least that first one retail). And you already caught on to the deep discounts available - and the freebies / cash thrown around by the overpriced retail sellers - that make it all even better. Great work Keep it up and enjoy. RCI Points opens up another great world of choices for your 2009 experience.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to timesharing!

You are poised to be a very happy timeshare owner for years to come. I commend you first of all for finding TUG before you bought your first timeshare! We were not so fortunate. Second for catching on so quickly to all the ins and out and perks of timeshare owndership! Oceanfront Ko Olina sounds like a pretty sweet trade!

Here's to many years of happy vacations for you and your family!

Janna

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
3-year (Renewable) R. T. U. Points-Timeshare Lease ?

Reserved my spot in an RCI point rental agreement starting next year!
Are you referring to 1 of those outstanding 3-year (renewable) points-timeshare RTU leases at Club Trinidad out in California ?

That's what we would have gone for instead of buying a dinky points timeshare if we had known about the lease possibility at the time.

Live & learn, eh ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes that's exactly what it is. It seems like the best way for me to get into RCI points as I'm not sure how many I'll really want to be using long term, and it's good to be flexible as there's no telling what the future will hold for II/RCI.