• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MARRIOT MOUNTAINSIDE PARK CITY

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Has anyone stayed at this resort and can share their experience?...my daughter and boyfriend are headed there at the end of November on a II A/C..thanks

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We've stayed there several times in ski season, but we have friends who enjoy the other seasons a lot.
End of November will see temps of 40s high and 20s low, but usually no snow.
The resort is great (views of surrounding mountains are wonderful) and the town of Park City is really fun----lots of good restaurants
and shops, and very walkable. Since the resort is slope-side, you'll take the free town shuttle bus down the mountain into town,
it only takes 5 minutes, and there's plenty to do.
Bus service runs every few minutes and a vehicle is not mandatory to get around.
In spring, summer, and fall the outdoor activities are popular-----hiking and biking, etc. Well worth the trip. Park City is awesome.

Park City, UT
Weather averages
Month........ High / Low(°F)Rain
September. 71° / 40°5 days
October.......59° / 31°6 days
November....44° / 21°6 days
December....35° / 14°6 days

snow season is Dec - March (sometimes into early April)

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just posted a review of Mountainside in the TUG Resort Reviews along with look my post in the "US Western States Timesharing" section here in the TUGBBS forums.
Great resort and location - free shuttle is nice and was running in August but we really walked the town from the golf course to the end of main street.
PM me if you have specific questions.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Being in a 1BR is much better than the studio lock-off because the 1BR has the full kitchen and living room. Summit Watch is better than Mountainside outside of ski season given Summit Watch's central location on Main Street where you can walk to all the bars and restaurants. That said, getting Mountainside through an AC is a fantastic value. Given that Mountainside is at the base of the Park City Mountain Resort, your daughter should try hiking and mountain biking, if possible. PCMR really has world class level mountain biking trails.

Last edited:

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
I doubt biking trails will still be open end of November. Do they plan to ski? Weather will be iffy as to whether the ski lifts are open end of November or not. I'm pretty sure the resort will start making artificial snow by then, but whether a limited number of lifts are open or not that early in the season will depend on the weather. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for end of November.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I just posted a review of Mountainside in the TUG Resort Reviews along with look my post in the "US Western States Timesharing" section here in the TUGBBS forums.
Great resort and location - free shuttle is nice and was running in August but we really walked the town from the golf course to the end of main street.
Thanks so much for the great review..the pics were beautiful...much appreciated

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Being in a 1BR is much better than the studio lock-off because the 1BR has the full kitchen and living room. Summit Watch is better than Mountainside outside of ski season given Summit Watch's central location on Main Street where you can walk to all the bars and restaurants. That said, getting Mountainside through an AC is a fantastic value. Given that Mountainside is at the base of the Park City Mountain Resort, your daughter should try hiking and mountain biking, if possible. PCMR really has world class level mountain biking trails.
I agree..using the II A/C for a 1BR was a great deal...I had gifted my daughter a week last April at the Aruba Surf Club(DC Points)which we had to cancel Because of Covid..rebooked for next month which we had to cancel..we looked into availability in November and she decided to book a week in Park City as a decent option...she is not an avid skier but loves the outdoors...and nature..in any event she is super excited and looking forward to a change of scenery from New Jersey....thanks for the reply(Aruba will hopefully be next spring)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I doubt biking trails will still be open end of November. Do they plan to ski? Weather will be iffy as to whether the ski lifts are open end of November or not. I'm pretty sure the resort will start making artificial snow by then, but whether a limited number of lifts are open or not that early in the season will depend on the weather. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for end of November.
Park City mountain is "scheduled" to open November 20, meaning if there is enough snow they'll be open.

alchook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Park City mountain is "scheduled" to open November 20, meaning if there is enough snow they'll be open.
They'll almost certainly be open, but they won't be selling lift tickets until Dec. 8. You'll need to buy at least a day pass. Price goes up Friday.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Is there any particular view she should request?

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular view she should request?
We enjoyed our room in 7455 (4th floor). We could take the stairs as needed and had a great mountain and pool view. There are other higher floors and some that would face the city, I would argue mountain view all day long. I appeared there were some rooms on ground floor, just off the patio/pool area - these did have a little outdoor space, all other rooms had no balconies.

DannyMc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Royal Palms, Orlando; Marriott's Grande Ocean, HHI; Marriott's Barony Beach Club, HHI;
MVC Trust Points
In a two bedroom villa, do both bedrooms have king-size beds?

What is usually the best ski month?

JNMuno456

Reaction score
[Deleted: advertising is not permitted in the discussion forums. For TUG rentals, click on MARKETPLACE at the top of the page.]

Last edited by a moderator:

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In a two bedroom villa, do both bedrooms have king-size beds?

What is usually the best ski month?
The two bedroom villa has a king in the master and the 2nd bedroom. There is also a pull-out couch in the living room and the 2nd bedroom.

The best time for skiing is late February/early March. Storms can be hit or miss but this year it was snow-stingy in December and January, didn't get rolling until mid-February. We have always had at least one powder day in a week when staying later in February.