• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mardi Gras Manor New Orleans?

SteveL

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about visitng NO in June and find Mardi Gras Manor is available. Anyone have any information about this resort since the Katrina clean-up? Also wondering about the pro's and con's of a tourist visit during late June- rainiest time of the year? Thanks Steve

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mardi Gras Manor visitors of recent?

Fellow NOLA lovers.

I was researching additional resorts to extend my stay in 2013 at the Quarter House and came across Mardi Gras Manor showing availability for the adjoining week. I found some recent reviews on RCI.com, no recent reviews on the TUG review page (two years old) and just one comment on the BBS saying it was a bit far from the action.

Has anyone out there stayed at the Mardi Gras Manor recently. If not, what resort would you rank in order of preference on your own personal list.

Thinking about visitng NO in June and find Mardi Gras Manor is available. Anyone have any information about this resort since the Katrina clean-up? Also wondering about the pro's and con's of a tourist visit during late June- rainiest time of the year? Thanks Steve

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We stayed in Mardi Gras Manor pre-Katrina, the winter before. Like many N.O. timeshares, it has a lot of character. We stayed in a 2BR unit on the ground floor. It was cozy but entirely adequate for two people in a town where you tend not to hang around the unit a lot.

I don't think Katrina bothered that part of the French Quarter much. If it did, it would have been wind/rain damage rather than flooding and would have been repaired long ago.

Your biggest decision has to do with the location. It is in the residential section of the French Quarter. It is close to Esplanade, Frenchman's Street, the French Market and a bunch of restaurants and shops at that end of Decatur but probably ten blocks from the "entertainment" part of the French Quarter.

Give them a call and talk about your arrival plans. They have a very small office staff (pretty much one person) and you'll have to make arrangements for a late arrival.

If the alternative is not going to N.O., I'd take a week at MGM in a heartbeat. However, I much prefer Quarter House or Club La Pension (currently closed for renovations).

We were in N.O. last summer for Memorial Day week. It was hot but manageable. We had no rain but that doesn't mean it doesn't rain in N.O. in May/June. It can rain in N.O. anytime. MGM has a pool but it wasn't very appealing. Maybe it looks better in the summer.

Last edited: