• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco Island

Noodle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning, I was looking on RCI this morning for Marco Island and I show that there is nothing available. Does anything trade through RCI for Marco island? We are looking for something June 2023

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I started an ongoing search for the area last year. I did not get a Marco Island match. I have a Wyndham account; RCI Weeks vs Points has different inventory.
I have been told SW FL does not come up that often. So you will definitely want to put in a ongoing search.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I started an ongoing search for the area last year. I did not get a Marco Island match. I have a Wyndham account; RCI Weeks vs Points has different inventory.
I have been told SW FL does not come up that often. So you will definitely want to put in a ongoing search.

I have tried to get a Marco Island match and a Naples match for a long time and finally had to buy in Naples and got a generous deal from a Tugger for a Marco Island Unit. I feel like you have to own these now to go there...

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Marco is a place that if you wanted to go regularly, it's worth buying resale. Resale HGVC Eagles Nest summer/fall flex, for example, is quite reasonable IMHO. I see a 2BR for $3K currently listed. Annual fees last year were about $1150.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have tried to get a Marco Island match and a Naples match for a long time and finally had to buy in Naples and got a generous deal from a Tugger for a Marco Island Unit. I feel like you have to own these now to go there...
I'm beginning to feel that way also. I'm hoping I can get an exchange into Marco Island so I can compare the two areas before buying.
After staying a VBHC, I was really tempted to visit the sales desk. But I am concerned about buying a fixed week.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My wife and I are part of MVC and we go to Marriot Crystal Shores (MCS) (Marco Island) every summer using points. I have two 2BR units reservations for end of June 2023 that I am looking to rent; based on what you wrote it isn't exactly what you are looking for, but for what it might be worth. MCS is an extremely hot location for week long rentals on Redweek.com - at almost anytime of the year.

I also found good inventory in Marco Island through MVC. We are going in early June 2023. I was able to reserve a 2BR gulf front, which is the best unit category in the resort. An added benefit is the points needed to reserve in June is relatively low. I love June/July in FL and Caribbean because the ocean is warm and it is before hurricane season kicks into gear. I have a friend who might meet us in Marco Island and, at least to stay in a hotel, the room rates are very high even in June (off season). It is worth buying there if you want to visit there every year. Or buy there and rent it out in the years you don’t want to visit.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm beginning to feel that way also. I'm hoping I can get an exchange into Marco Island so I can compare the two areas before buying.
After staying a VBHC, I was really tempted to visit the sales desk. But I am concerned about buying a fixed week.

@needhelp, I really hope you can get a exchange into Marco Island. Next to Naples, it's my 2nd favorite place to go... As you know I'm a huge fan of VBHC. The few times I could not use my fixed week, I rented it out for more then the MF's for that year...

I'm literally on countdown mode till I'm back in Naples in December... I'm so happy that I now have 2 weeks in the same unit each and every December...Maybe our paths will cross and we will be in Naples or Marco Island at the same time and we can grab a drink or some food... I love meeting Tuggers...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also found good inventory in Marco Island through MVC. We are going in early June 2023. I was able to reserve a 2BR gulf front, which is the best unit category in the resort. An added benefit is the points needed to reserve in June is relatively low. I love June/July in FL and Caribbean because the ocean is warm and it is before hurricane season kicks into gear. I have a friend who might meet us in Marco Island and, at least to stay in a hotel, the room rates are very high even in June (off season). It is worth buying there if you want to visit there every year. Or buy there and rent it out in the years you don’t want to visit.

This is my mantra... I own where my MF's are less than I could rent a condo unit for...

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
It is worth buying there if you want to visit there every year. Or buy there and rent it out in the years you don’t want to visit.
I don't like to rent out timesahares-hassle, unknown, etc. That's why I like HGVC Eagles Nest summer flex system (all weeks except 5-16, 52). For $1150 annual fees for a nice 2 bedroom, I pick my week up to a year in advance (prime weeks like end April, 4th July, Thanksgiving, Christmas are a lottery). I like fall, but I'd assume that if you have some flex in summer, it'd not be difficult to get a week. I can swap to different weeks each year to suit my travel plans. If I cannot go, I can request a different week from resort at anytime (based on availability) or at 32 days out (I think) deposit into HGVC for points. It's worth the $200 annual fee to be in the HGVC club for that flex--like trip insurance IMHO.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Marco is a place that if you wanted to go regularly, it's worth buying resale. Resale HGVC Eagles Nest summer/fall flex, for example, is quite reasonable IMHO. I see a 2BR for $3K currently listed. Annual fees last year were about $1150.
Wow, that is a good idea. I need to look into a resale.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I don't like to rent out timesahares-hassle, unknown, etc. That's why I like HGVC Eagles Nest summer flex system (all weeks except 5-16, 52). For $1150 annual fees for a nice 2 bedroom, I pick my week up to a year in advance (prime weeks like end April, 4th July, Thanksgiving, Christmas are a lottery). I like fall, but I'd assume that if you have some flex in summer, it'd not be difficult to get a week. I can swap to different weeks each year to suit my travel plans. If I cannot go, I can request a different week from resort at anytime (based on availability) or at 32 days out (I think) deposit into HGVC for points. It's worth the $200 annual fee to be in the HGVC club for that flex--like trip insurance IMHO.

I hate renting out my timeshares too for the same reasons you mention plus my time.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have traded into Marco Island four times and Vanderbilt Beach five times. there is more to do In Vanderbilt Beach area, but beach is smaller there than Marco with really expansive beach.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
For the most part, owners in SW FL have to give up their weeks for them to come available. HGVC members have "first dibs" one the ones that HGVC manages. We were lucky to win the lottery last year on a unit in Sanibel (thru HGVC) in August, and during our stay, found that the HOA was selling it's flex weeks that had been surrendered, for $2500. This year, during our visit as owners there, the HOA was now selling them for $3,000, all fees included.

MickeyBlue

Reaction score
I don't like to rent out timesahares-hassle, unknown, etc.

charter club has a new in house rental portal where owners can rent out their units (not thru hgvc) if you’re not hgvc or don’t want to trade elsewhere. Supposedly the rental listings will all be”verified” so people renting don’t have to worry about being ripped off by fraudsters.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Lots of the Marco weeks are owned by non-HGVC members since the resorts have been around a long time (other than Crystal Shores - Marriott timeshare). You can rent for cash weeks directly from the resort. If you want to use your non-Marco timeshare instead, it will be harder. I see lots of weeks for sale at Crystal Shorts on Red Week.

We owned at Charter Club, stayed at Club Regency and Eagles Nest. I liked Charter Club the best - rooms were bigger than Eagles Nest and in better shape than Club Regency. Charter Club in pretty close to quite a few restaurants, plus two beach stores with lots of good stuff (we regularly shop there for our regular wardrobe - shorts, t-shirts and bathing suits.