• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco Island Staycation

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at the Surf Club right now on a staycation. I live only 16 miles away. As most of you are well aware we are a COVID hot spot so I was REALLY nervous about doing this. After I checked in I spent 2 hours sanitizing all touch points, washing all utensils/ dishes, wiping out draws, wiping out the fridge, cleaning the tile floors, spraying the furniture with Lysol! I covered the couches with sheets. We brought our own bed sheets, blankets and towels. Overboard.....maybe but at least I was feeling a little more comfortable. We are on the 6th floor and much to my husbands dismay we have been taking the stairs mostly And wearing masks on the occasion the elevator was necessary ( and we have never had to ride with anyone else) . The beach out front of the resort has not been too busy although the Hilton to the left and Marriott to the right are VERY busy. Despite all the beach space we had people set up practically on top of us the first day. After that we set up more to the right and had ample space all around us. The boardwalk to the beach is narrow so if someone is coming we just wait until they pass and then take our turn on the boardwalk. We have not had to come into close range of many people at all which has been great. Not everyone is wearing masks though in common areas or elevators. Many people on Marco and Naples not wearing masks at all. People still walking 3 across on the sidewalk on Collier Blvd and not moving to the side if you are coming in the opposite direction. I have a feeling it will be really busy this coming weekend. Collier County has put in place beach restrictions. We will see how it goes!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we survived our visit to Charter Club, I am sure you will be fine. Hope you don't have the Miami invasion on the beach like we did.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I'd be curious to hear your observations of closing the public beaches from 11 to 5 this weekend. My understanding is if you're staying on the beach you can use the beach, residents' beach will stay open all day, but the public access points will close. South beach and Tiger tail should be interesting.

Also, not sure where you get your groceries, but the big Publix on Barfield Ave Shops of Marco is now CLOSED. All we have left are the small Publix
at Town Center and Wynn-Dixie.

Last edited:

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear your observations of closing the public beaches from 11 to 5 this weekend. My understanding is if you're staying on the beach you can use the beach, residents' beach will stay open all day, but the public access points will close. South beach and Tiger tail should be interesting.

Also, not sure where you get your groceries, but the big Publix on Barfield Ave Shops of Marco is now CLOSED. All we have left are the small Publix
The ordinance for limited beach hours went into effect yesterday. From what I read if you were already on the beach at South Beach or Tiger Tail they did not kick you off. There was a huge police presence yesterday which was good. Brought all my groceries from home so did not have to shop but friends told me Publix on the island has been super busy this past week. I am working today so not going to the beach. I am sure it will be busy though.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island

That Publix is being renovated and will reopen about next May, bigger and better. The Season is going to be awful on the island. I usually head to the Publix at Tamiami and Collier, across from the Lowes in Naples. Some of the employees from Shops of Marco are working there right now. They were glad to see me. I was glad to see them.

As for the beach, the areas in front of most condos, the timeshares and the hotels are considered private, not county beaches. The county parking lots are closed to anyone who doesn't have a county parking sticker. Parking is forbidden on the sides of the roads and in the sales. They will ticket and tow.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The ordinance for limited beach hours went into effect yesterday. From what I read if you were already on the beach at South Beach or Tiger Tail they did not kick you off. There was a huge police presence yesterday which was good. Brought all my groceries from home so did not have to shop but friends told me Publix on the island has been super busy this past week. I am working today so not going to the beach. I am sure it will be busy though.
I wondered how they would do that closing at the beach. So if you're already there you can stay, but from 11-5 the County access paths will be closed, plus you need to have the Collier County pass to be able to park in the county lots these 3 days. Like Memorial weekend to keep the 305's out. I am not looking forward to shopping at the little Publix. It was tight and crowded before the big store closed, now it's even worse. we're not sure what we're going to do yet. I'm even transferring my prescriptions back to mail order to avoid their pharmacy. I am looking forward to the new store after it's built, because the new Publix stores are so nice and HUGE! There's a new one in Arcadia, which is the half-way point when we drive to Disney. That place is AWESOME for a little break in the driving.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
That Publix is being renovated and will reopen about next May, bigger and better. The Season is going to be awful on the island. I usually head to the Publix at Tamiami and Collier, across from the Lowes in Naples. Some of the employees from Shops of Marco are working there right now. They were glad to see me. I was glad to see them.

As for the beach, the areas in front of most condos, the timeshares and the hotels are considered private, not county beaches. The county parking lots are closed to anyone who doesn't have a county parking sticker. Parking is forbidden on the sides of the roads and in the sales. They will ticket and tow.
Yes, Publix is not a renovation - it's a total tear down and rebuild. The Island Liquor store was already torn down. They couldn't proceed with Publix because there was an active bald eagle nest behind the store. I guess the chicks are gone, so goodbye Publix and GNC. GNC has people in the parking lot trying to direct customers to buy out their inventory. Publix is already dark, and I assume the stock has been relocated. That property has been a mess since they tore down the old Burger King. They were supposed to build a new fast food place with both Taco Bell and I think KFC, but plans changed. I was looking forward to that. Then there was a plan for a bank. That's all we need- another damn BANK!

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
That's all we need- another damn BANK!

In our Courthouse, a picture window in the judges' offices has a view of a Wells Fargo sign.
I said to a judge, "It seems appropriate to see a sign for a den of thieves from your office."