• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco Island is CLOSED to tourists

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Beaches are closed, there is NO public access. Don't even come here

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We have NO reported cases of Corona virus and want to keep it that way.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a copy of the press release. There are no confirmed cases on Marco Island because they are NOT testing at NCH (the local hospital). Local physicians are having a hard time getting people tested and those with symptoms and scripts can not get tests. I am sure the virus is on Marco and we have to act like it is to keep everyone safe.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I meant to ask...
Do the dolphins miss the tour boats,
or are they happier to be left alone?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The dolphins still have plenty of boats to play with, just not as many as usual.

As of today, cases of virus in certain counties I am tracking:
Dade (Miami) - 616
Broward (Ft Lauderdale) - 504
Orange (Orlando) - 110
Collier (Naples) - 65
Lee (Ft Myers) - 56

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Here is a copy of the press release. There are no confirmed cases on Marco Island because they are NOT testing at NCH (the local hospital). Local physicians are having a hard time getting people tested and those with symptoms and scripts can not get tests. I am sure the virus is on Marco and we have to act like it is to keep everyone safe.
NCH is NOT the primary hospital for Marco Island. The last 2 times I called 911 to get my wife an ambulance, Physicians Regional on 951 was where they went. Also, her surgical Staff is all centered at Physician's Regional on Pine Ridge. Given the number of diagnosed cases, obviously there is testing going on. Do you work for CNN? You seem full of FAKE NEWS. Personal opinion - NOT FACTS

Last edited:

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have worked in healthcare in Naples/Marco for 12 years. And there is NO primary hospital designated for Marco Island just so you know.

By the way, one confirmed case on Marco and the patient has been hospitalized as of yesterday. So yes the virus has crossed the bridge!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have worked in healthcare in Naples/Marco for 12 years. And there is NO primary hospital designated for Marco Island just so you know.

By the way, one confirmed case on Marco and the patient has been hospitalized as of yesterday. So yes the virus has crossed the bridge!
Sorry to hear of the case on Marco. Keeping my distance and going out only for prescriptions here in estero, where I believe we have four cases. Wish we knew something about those who have it. Were they traveling. Do they work at a grocery store as a mailman, etc.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the case on Marco. Keeping my distance and going out only for prescriptions here in estero, where I believe we have four cases. Wish we knew something about those who have it. Were they traveling. Do they work at a grocery store as a mailman, etc.

HIPPA "privacy protection", while certainly of good and noble intent, seems to have some unintended negative consequences when, in the interest of protecting individual privacy (a concept I greatly respect), the general public cannot obtain enough useful details that might help others to assess their own vulnerability, recent contacts, direct exposure, etc. :ponder:

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
HIPPA "privacy protection", while certainly of good and noble intent, seems to have some unintended negative consequences when, in the interest of protecting individual privacy (a concept I greatly respect), the general public cannot obtain enough useful details that might help others to assess their own vulnerability, recent contacts, known direct exposure, etc. :ponder:
Right!

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with you. The purpose of the test is also to reduce transmission. The only way that will be accomplished is if those that are positive inform others that they have had close contact with so they can isolate. We were notified that there was someone who tested positive on my daughters school campus in Naples but they would give no further information as to if it was a student, parent or teacher. I have since found out it was a teacher!

I am just coming back from meeting with a physician who lives on Marco Island. He said "they are really not testing anywhere in the county right now" (Collier County) so yes it may look like there are few cases on paper but in reality there are probably thousands walking around Naples with it.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
HIPPA "privacy protection", while certainly of good and noble intent, seems to have some unintended negative consequences when, in the interest of protecting individual privacy (a concept I greatly respect), the general public cannot obtain enough useful details that might help others to assess their own vulnerability, recent contacts, known direct exposure, etc. :ponder:
Hippa a major issue. My state is not even letting us know how many tests were done. Of those that test positive where in the county they are either is not known.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with you. The purpose of the test is also to reduce transmission. The only way that will be accomplished is if those that are positive inform others that they have had close contact with so they can isolate. We were notified that there was someone who tested positive on my daughters school campus in Naples but they would give no further information as to if it was a student, parent or teacher. I have since found out it was a teacher!

I am just coming back from meeting with a physician who lives on Marco Island. He said "they are really not testing anywhere in the county right now" (Collier County) so yes it may look like there are few cases on paper but in reality there are probably thousands walking around Naples with it.
so scary. there are many in my subdivision who are playing golf in foursomes and sharing carts, who are gathering outside condos and sitting in circles close to each other, etc, If someone has it in my subdivision, it will spread. I have had no contact with anyone here for 17 days so should be okay, as long as pharmacist, mailman, checkout clerk do not have it.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Estero Florida. Walmart subdivision adjoining Walmart told that anyone who shopped there today should quarantine for ten days

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
HIPAA (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) doesn't mean you cannot give general information about a situation. It just means you cannot give specific information about a person's medical condition. There should be no reason why they cannot give the number of cases in a town, especially if they give the number in a county. Currently we have two cases on Marco and I haven't heard of any deaths in Collier County. One in Ave Maria (not the island, the inland community) and the rest of them in Naples. Total of 85 in Collier since 5PM last night. https://floridadisaster.org/covid19/

Governor DeSantis has instructed that there be no vacation rentals for the next 14 days and they should be cancelled. If someone was arriving on Saturday, March 28, they would be permitted to stay. But after that, no.

There are no hospitals on Marco. There is an NCH Urgent Care Center at Bald Eagle and San Marco Road. But Collier County EMS will transport to Naples Hospitals and Life Flight will transport emergent cases to Lee County. Marco Island EMS are only permitted to stabilize until Collier County arrives.

Lee County stopped testing on Thursday because they ran out of swabs. Last I heard they were still testing in Naples based on physician's orders.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Here is what is going on as far as testing on Marco Island. If you suspect you have virus symptoms, you must contact you PCP. Your Doctor will evaluate you, in my case over a video conference call on your iPhone. If the Dr thinks you need to be tested, he will send you a prescription to your e-mail. Then, you call the test site to schedule an appointment. It is a drive-thru tent kind of set-up, where they swab your nose or mouth. Your Dr gets the results in about 4 or 5 days. At no time do you go into an office or physically appear somewhere other than the suited test tech at the drive-through. I have not been tested, I just asked my Dr today what was going on when I got my monthly INR test - via video conference call!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our neighbors family flew down on Sunday march 30 and are staying on Marco island is a hotel until Monday. They are from Chicago suburbs

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is what is going on as far as testing on Marco Island. If you suspect you have virus symptoms, you must contact you PCP. Your Doctor will evaluate you, in my case over a video conference call on your iPhone. If the Dr thinks you need to be tested, he will send you a prescription to your e-mail. Then, you call the test site to schedule an appointment. It is a drive-thru tent kind of set-up, where they swab your nose or mouth. Your Dr gets the results in about 4 or 5 days. At no time do you go into an office or physically appear somewhere other than the suited test tech at the drive-through. I have not been tested, I just asked my Dr today what was going on when I got my monthly INR test - via video conference call!
Seems to be different than the drive through test site here in Jacksonville. Up here they have kept removing criteria requiring a test. Now you only need to have respiratory symptoms or work on the front line. In the past, you had to also have a fever and other symptoms. You are evaluated on site and if you qualify, you are tested. No need to see your PCP.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Our neighbors family flew down on Sunday, March 39 and are staying on Marco Island in a hotel until Monday....

By my reckoning, March 39 is a [Wednesday].

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Seems to be different than the drive through test site here in Jacksonville. Up here they have kept removing criteria requiring a test. Now you only need to have respiratory symptoms or work on the front line. In the past, you had to also have a fever and other symptoms. You are evaluated on site and if you qualify, you are tested. No need to see your PCP.
IT IS WHAT IT IS! NO EXCEPTION!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
IT IS WHAT IT IS! NO EXCEPTION!
:unsure: Not sure what I said that was upsetting. I was just pointing out the differences. I would think that there would be consistency within the state, but perhaps not. It isn't like I plan to come down to Marco and try to get tested. Sheesh.