• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco Island is CLOSED to tourists

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually am enjoying doing curbside service

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I actually am enjoying doing curbside service
I hope you will report your experiences. You are so early on the opening curve. If you have favorites not on this report, please call and ask what they do. I believe there are MANY more places doing service here. We've found we can get whatever we want.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you will report your experiences. You are so early on the opening curve. If you have favorites not on this report, please call and ask what they do. I believe there are MANY more places doing service here. We've found we can get whatever we want.
We used to like the Sandbar and the little place near Snook Inn with fresh seafood.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Yes, I suspect your favorites are doing something. I hope you call them and do what you can. Not exactly back to normal, but you can get some of your favorites now, and hopefully have a great experience, all things considered. For example, Margaritas. Great Mexican. I know they are open, just not on the list. We are getting delivery this week!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is margaritas? We just got switched to charter club

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Where is margaritas? We just got switched to charter club
Town Center Mall, Collier and Bald Eagle, by the Publix. Marco Brewery and Crazy Flamingo are in that mall, too - very popular.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Town Center Mall, Collier and Bald Eagle, by the Publix. Marco Brewery and Crazy Flamingo are in that mall, too - very popular.
I just went through my freezer. What I need to do, cook some of the food I have!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I just went through my freezer. What I need to do, cook some of the food I have!
My wife just said "how about we get a delivery from Margarita's tonight?"

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I was out and about today,. Quite surprised how many places are OPEN, but with limited service. I went to the pool place for more chlorine. They were only open M-F, curbside, no in-store. Good for ME I don't have to drag the bottles from the store to my car! It seems most restaurants are open, but mostly curbside pick-up , or delivery. I see places are planning on opening indoor dining by removing tables to keep people spread out. Something about a phase 1 25% occupancy. One of my favorites is the Snook Inn. They are open, but my favorite salad bar in the world is closed! I feel like I can get anything I want. (Except that salad bar!)

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I will be at the Charter Club the last week of May. I'm wondering about fishing charters. I wouldn't expect a large boat with multiple guests but I would like to book a solo trip with just me and a guide. Are they up and running yet?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Just got the warning letter from Charter Club. Lots of construction and potentially need to be out of the unit by 8 and return at 5. Or stay in unit all day. Noise as well. We're still going! I'll deal with it.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got the warning letter from Charter Club. Lots of construction and potentially need to be out of the unit by 8 and return at 5. Or stay in unit all day. Noise as well. We're still going! I'll deal with it.
Oh darn. No one mentioned that. At home right now and going stir crazy

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I will be at the Charter Club the last week of May. I'm wondering about fishing charters. I wouldn't expect a large boat with multiple guests but I would like to book a solo trip with just me and a guide. Are they up and running yet?
No big party boats here - all 6 pack captains. Everyone is pretty much back in business, but the large Dinner Cruise boat has limited capacity. If you're on facebook, search the Marco Review and read up on the charter boats. You'll have to decide if you want back water, near shore, off shore, etc.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
No big party boats here - all 6 pack captains. Everyone is pretty much back in business, but the large Dinner Cruise boat has limited capacity. If you're on facebook, search the Marco Review and read up on the charter boats. You'll have to decide if you want back water, near shore, off shore, etc.

It looks like May is a pretty good fishing month. I was fishing 30 miles offshore in Tarpon Springs in January and caught five nice GAG grouper but we had to throw them all back. I think I could eat one in May. If my wife comes along, it will have to be near shore or back water. She’s not a deep sea fan.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
It looks like May is a pretty good fishing month. I was fishing 30 miles offshore in Tarpon Springs in January and caught five nice GAG grouper but we had to throw them all back. I think I could eat one in May. If my wife comes along, it will have to be near shore or back water. She’s not a deep sea fan.
It usually depends on what species you are after, what kind of water you want to be in, and how fancy a boat you want, not just for fishing, but creature comfort (NOT ALL THESE BOATS HAVE HEADS!) As I said, seek out the Marco Review and do your homework. My favorite place to start is Sunshine Tours at the Rose Marina. They offer quite a variety, and score some nice catches that they post on Facebook.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am getting tempted. Told my other half, Marco Island is opened, we can go. He looked at me like I was nuts and said sarcastically sure.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Indoor restaurants are limited to 25% occupancy, so when you walk in you think "Where are all the tables?" But, most of the places are now OPEN! Like the Rolling Stones said, you can't always get what you want, but you can get what you NEED!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
As I drive around, Marco Island appears to be 75% open. You just have to know what is and what isn't. Doesn't take long.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really upset. Got the letter that there will be drilling with jackhammers from eight to five every day. consider skippingbth3vtrip. Nothing else available

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am really upset. Got the letter that there will be drilling with jackhammers from eight to five every day. consider skippingbth3vtrip. Nothing else available
Why don’t you call the resort and ask them if a sister resort has a unit available for you? Long shot but worth a try.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

I got the letter also. Interesting it went out two weeks before the trip.

We’re going anyway. I’ll deal with it. I’ll spend most days in or on the water.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don’t you call the resort and ask them if a sister resort has a unit available for you? Long shot but worth a try.
They told me to call rci and ask. Rci said nothing available to them

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'd cancel. It'd totally ruin a vacation for me.
Almost as bad as a timeshare presentation.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
With all those HGVC resorts practically right next to each other, it would be nice if Hilton could work something out for you. Look at Panina - she owns half of them!

Last edited: