• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco Island is CLOSED to tourists

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
That may be becuz the tests are not 100% reliable and the incidence of false negatives is high.
I read about a fellow who tested negative 3x, ended quarantine, and then his family came down with it.
Symptoms that mimic it may be just as reliable. "If it walks like a duck, if it acts like a duck, then..."

Yes, there are plenty of false negatives even with all the symptoms. We have a family member who has been very ill for 3 weeks, tested negative. Went to the ER 2x's 3rd time finally admitted to ICU when oxygen below 90%. A second test came back negative. He has all the symptoms of COVID. No prior history of respiratory disease or other co-morbid factors.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read today that the Jacksonville beaches have been reopened. I actually think this to be a bad decision because it may cause young folks to flock to it in large groups!

I wonder if other beaches in the state may be just around the corner from also reopening ?

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read today that the Jacksonville beaches have been reopened. I actually think this to be a bad decision because it may cause young folks to flock to it in large groups!

I wonder if other beaches in the state may be just around the corner from also reopening ?

I sure hope so, with all the fresh ocean breezes probably the safest place to exercise other than mountain hikes.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Yes, there are plenty of false negatives even with all the symptoms. We have a family member who has been very ill for 3 weeks, tested negative. Went to the ER 2x's 3rd time finally admitted to ICU when oxygen below 90%. A second test came back negative. He has all the symptoms of COVID. No prior history of respiratory disease or other co-morbid factors.
One of the tests they did on me was the 6 minute walk. My O2 was 97 when we started, and the goal was to stay above 90 after 6 minutes of walking. I was down to around 93 when she said inhale thru your nose and exhale thru your mouth, then the O2 went back to 96. So she said I don't need to use oxygen when I go home.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor

Some beaches were already open - some have restrictions such as limited times or for exercise purposes only.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I beaches should be closed, then so should Home Depot. LOL ;)

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the tests they did on me was the 6 minute walk. My O2 was 97 when we started, and the goal was to stay above 90 after 6 minutes of walking. I was down to around 93 when she said inhale thru your nose and exhale thru your mouth, then the O2 went back to 96. So she said I don't need to use oxygen when I go home.
That is good news! Do you have a pulse ox? It is a good idea to keep tabs on it because sometimes people's O2 sats drop without them realizing it.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
That is good news! Do you have a pulse ox? It is a good idea to keep tabs on it because sometimes people's O2 sats drop without them realizing it.
I don't know what that is, so no!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I believe they were certain enough that I was not a false negative since they put me in a wing of the hospital where most of the staff don't even wear a mask. Between the sinus swabs, the blood tests, urine test, chest X-rays, etc, they covered it pretty well.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Thingy that you put on your finger to measure blood oxygen levels.
I get the springy thingy, but you also need the meter to read it. They had that thing on me 6 times a day.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hippa a major issue. My state is not even letting us know how many tests were done. Of those that test positive where in the county they are either is not known.
They now list the county and zip code which is still vast areas.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
They wrote me a fancy prescription to fill after I got out of the hospital (1 of many). It was actually the OTC MUCINEX expectorant. It has been clearing out the gunk in my lungs, and I am breathing SO much better! I've also got steroids (prednisone) and a couple of anti-infectives I can't even spell. Also, a rescue inhaler Albuterol Sulfate HFA to squirt down my throat if I have trouble breathing again. It's been a scary experience for me, and I will not support the brave who just want to get out there and pretend things are back to normal. I get it, most will not be affected. But if YOU end up gasping for air, THEN you will get it! The whole experience scared the CRAP out of me. Started with the fever of 100.8, the chills, the nausea, and so many other routine things before the breathing went into trouble. Don't risk it if you don't have to.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They wrote me a fancy prescription to fill after I got out of the hospital (1 of many). It was actually the OTC MUCINEX expectorant. It has been clearing out the gunk in my lungs, and I am breathing SO much better! I've also got steroids (prednisone) and a couple of anti-infectives I can't even spell. Also, a rescue inhaler Albuterol Sulfate HFA to squirt down my throat if I have trouble breathing again. It's been a scary experience for me, and I will not support the brave who just want to get out there and pretend things are back to normal. I get it, most will not be affected. But if YOU end up gasping for air, THEN you will get it! The whole experience scared the CRAP out of me. Started with the fever of 100.8, the chills, the nausea, and so many other routine things before the breathing went into trouble. Don't risk it if you don't have to.
Everyone I heard that experienced it agrees with you, don’t risk it. I am glad you are doing better and sorry you had to go through this. I thank you for sharing your experience.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
You can have a fever and the chills and so many other things, but once you notice your lungs can't get enough air anymore - THAT IS SCARY!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can have a fever and the chills and so many other things, but once you notice your lungs can't get enough air anymore - THAT IS SCARY!
I just read this and it says lots

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Our beaches were opened up today. Go for it!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Coming all the way there in one week.

Gosh. Peep will still be getting sick + dying.
I was worried about going tp SW Florida in July.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Gosh. Peep will still be getting sick + dying.
I was worried about going tp SW Florida in July.
People have been getting sick and dying since man has been around. Also dying from many other causes? Do you not travel because of those worries as well?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made the reservation Wednesday, Resort was at thirty percent, figured we would have our social distance, sit on balcony or beach in our own chairs. Governor opened up things on Thursday, all the weeks in rci were gobbled up that day, things may be a bit different than I expected.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Many things starting to open up! So glad to see this!

From the Marco Review:
Here are our latest updates on which restaurants are open or opening soon on Marco Island. We have also created special constantly updated sections on The Marco Review App (which is free to download at the App Store and Google Play) listing all the restaurants and activities we know have reopened.

RESTAURANTS
• Café de Marco will open for dinner on Monday May 4th with dining room and outdoor seating available as well as take-out and curbside.

• All four of the Carvelli Group restaurants (Davinci's, Marco Prime,
The Oyster Society and the Snook Inn) will be re-opening on Monday May 4th. Regular hours and Happy Hour will resume at all locations and delivery and take out will continue to be an option for their full menu at Davinci’s and Snook Inn. The salad bar at the Snook Inn will be closed - a house salad or a Caesar salad will be served in lieu of the salad bar as well as a bread service to the table. The bar will be open following the government guidelines. Daily music will resume. As a thank you to the community, for the month of May, the Carvelli Group will offer a Gift card promotion. Buy $100.00 in gift cards and get $20.00 as a gift.

• Crazy Flamingo Bar & Grille will be open from noon - 10pm seven days.
They will abide by the CDC guidelines with continuous cleaning and disinfecting plans in place. For those who do not feel comfortable dining out, they will continue to offer takeout and curbside pickup.

• Dolce Mare are open for a great selection of home made gourmet chocolates, cakes and gelato as well as coffee.

• Mango's Dockside Bistro will have their outdoor patio open, beginning Monday May 4th. Their hours will be Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 8:00 pm and Sunday 10:00am - 8:00pm. They will continue to abide by the CDC guidelines, making sure that their guests are comfortable and safe - they have continuous cleaning and disinfecting plans in place. For those who do not feel comfortable dining out, they will continue to offer takeout and delivery.

• Michelbob's are open as usual for take-out.

• Nacho Mama's are opening on Monday May 4th at 11 AM and serving until 10 PM seven days a week. They have a large indoor restaurant with plenty of room for social distancing and a huge outdoor patio. Their team members will be using masks to serve the customers. On Cinco de Mayo they will not be doing their usual big party but starting this Tuesday they will be doing $13 all you can eat tacos and that will run throughout the summer on Tuesdays.

• Sunset Grille on South Collier Blvd will open on Thursday May 7th at 11am for take-out, curbside pickup and limited seating, complying with all state and CDC guidelines.

• Sweet Annie's are reopening today (Friday May 1st) with daily hours of 4-9pm.

I'm gonna miss that salad bar at the SNOOK!

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
So, if you're one of the brave who want to go out, there will be places open for you. I hope it all goes well PS there are MANY other places open for delivery or take out that will soon have limited in house service. I won't be one of the first in because of my hospitalization, but I will be anxious to see how this goes. Keep me posted about your experience.

Last edited: