• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco Island...Eagles Nest and Charter Club? NEW questions...Thanks!

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Mother In Law passed away recently...FIL is not likely to travel any more so he wants to get rid of his timeshare weeks.

They own a week at each place...many, many decades ago I stayed there with the wife (prior to having kids...and my older one is 20)...

I'm familiar with the weeks I own on the Outer Banks...but wanted to advise the FIL in getting rid of his weeks (and I know nothing about his resorts)...is there any value to them? Give them away? Any other thoughts? I know at one point he was (is?) in the Hilton network...is that always with those resorts...or an 'add on' like joining RCI when you own a week somewhere?

Any info I should get from him (aside from what week, br, etc. if I will list for him on here?)?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My Mother In Law passed away recently...FIL is not likely to travel any more so he wants to get rid of his timeshare weeks.

They own a week at each place...many, many decades ago I stayed there with the wife (prior to having kids...and my older one is 20)...

I'm familiar with the weeks I own on the Outer Banks...but wanted to advise the FIL in getting rid of his weeks (and I know nothing about his resorts)...is there any value to them? Give them away? Any other thoughts? I know at one point he was (is?) in the Hilton network...is that always with those resorts...or an 'add on' like joining RCI when you own a week somewhere?

Any info I should get from him (aside from what week, br, etc. if I will list for him on here?)?

Thanks!!

Could you provide a little more information (like what the heck they own in those resorts).

Both resorts are really nice and highly rated, and may have value depending on if they are fixed weeks or float weeks and the room size and dates.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Why not go to the resort's with FIL to see what he owns and have a better idea about resale? When my Dad died Mum still wanted to keep traveling, we went with her a few times and she let other family members use her week. Now my brother and his family own her week. You didn't say how many kids you have or the size of FIL timeshares, but Marco Island is a very popular area to vacation. Good Luck and I hope you make the best of FIL timeshares.
Silentg

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are attached to Hilton, Hilton refers people to JudiKoz.com for reselling.
http://judikoz.com/
If you decide to list with them, it is a one year exclusive listing. If they aren't attached to Hilton, they may not take on the listing, but they will still give you instructions on how to post an ad on redweek and tell you what you should list it for.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Snowbird season which is probably around week 4-12 is going to have some value beyond giveaway. Week 51 and 52 would also have value. The rest may have some value but it would be substantially less.

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies....

I'll get more info from him and post it here to get better info.

I can't get down there myself anytime soon due to work constraints.

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Info....(only a bit...)

Per the FIL...they are both in Hilton.

Both are 2 BR/2 Ba units.

Both are 'summer flex weeks'.

He hasn't used them in a while, so he's trying to dig out the info on them.

I got an IM from a Hilton member who recommended asking a few other questions of the RKIs here...

Can the Hilton Membership be transferred easily, or would someone who gets them have to join themselves (or does a new owner need to pay some kind of a fee to get them into Hilton...despite the FIL paying the fee already)?

I assume...from the website linked by the Member that as summer weeks they're worth 5k Hilton points...is that much?

Thanks!

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score

I got an IM from a Hilton member who recommended asking a few other questions of the RKIs here...

Can the Hilton Membership be transferred easily, or would someone who gets them have to join themselves (or does a new owner need to pay some kind of a fee to get them into Hilton...despite the FIL paying the fee already)?

I assume...from the website linked by the Member that as summer weeks they're worth 5k Hilton points...is that much?

Thanks!

I would call the resort and ask them to clarify what he ownes specifically.

I would then call one of the reputable realters refered to on this site regularly and ask them what those intervals are selling for, and how long it takes to sell them.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new owner has to pay to join Hilton and then pay an annual Hilton fee.
I recommend using one of the brokers who specializes in Hilton to sell this for you. They will set up the Hilton membership with the sale.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

The Hilton membership transfers easily. You just have to pay a $399 activation fee and does not have to be done at the same time of transfer. Very easy.

Summer flex weeks are weeks 1-4 and 17-51. Also, since he owns a flex week the unit will be in the Towers of Eagle's Nest, the middle building of the pictures. Depending on the week assigned they are worth 5000, 3400 or 7000 (only for Week 51). Week 51 is always a lottery because the requests for that week exceed the number of available units due to the 7000 point value.

I am an Eagle's Nest owner so happy to answer additional questions.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
There should be a market for FIL's units. SWFL availability is in high demand and is booked up the instant an opening becomes available.

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

He's got some more info for me:

Eagles Nest - Fri-Fri, Summer Flex Week 7 to 52, can book one year in advance.

Charter Club - Sat - Sat, Weeks 1 - 2, 17 -51, can book on Jan 1 of year of stay.

Owners are encouraged to join Hilton Grand Vacation at ~$140/yr and one can book on-line except for FL, convert to points and do some other things. One cannot transfer to other properties unless one has a reserved week at home base.

That's what he's sent so far (2 Br 2 Ba units).

Hilton doesn't seem to be selling the units (or maybe they're asking far too much for them) for the owners requesting a resale.

If there's any other info I should find out, please let me know.

Thanks!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I know there is a resale office at Eagles Nest and Surf Club (maybe one at Charter club also?). These are staffed with an agent that is focused on re-sales of that particular property and usually have limited hours they are open. When we were looking to buy our week on Marco Island, we talked to both of those offices and ended up buying our week at the Surf Club.

You may want to call the Eagles Nest main desk and ask for the number of the resale office and talk with them to see if they have other options for you.

Kurt

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Addenda...

FIL sent a copy of a sales agreement...

The Suggested Retail Price is 5k (per the resort). They'll sell it and keep 25%....

HOWEVER....

It's an exclusive contract.
He had signed one a couple of years ago...and they still (Eagles Nest) haven't sold it...that old contract is up, and they want him to sign a new one.

From what I understand (secondhand through him)...they 'sell' them in the order the owners listed them...so if he chooses to drop to pennies (instead of the $5k they suggest)..that doesn't benefit him at all.

I've already suggested not signing the paper to list with them until he explores all options...

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
FIL sent a copy of a sales agreement...

The Suggested Retail Price is 5k (per the resort). They'll sell it and keep 25%....

HOWEVER....

It's an exclusive contract.
He had signed one a couple of years ago...and they still (Eagles Nest) haven't sold it...that old contract is up, and they want him to sign a new one.

From what I understand (secondhand through him)...they 'sell' them in the order the owners listed them...so if he chooses to drop to pennies (instead of the $5k they suggest)..that doesn't benefit him at all.

I've already suggested not signing the paper to list with them until he explores all options...
List it with one of the two agents referee to regularly on the board. If anxious to liquidate, offer it for 10 percent less than others and with 5 percent more comission. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many places will ask for an exclusive agreement. Since he has already been trying to sell through the resort for a couple years, I wouldn't renew with them. Did you try contacting Judi Kozwolski, the resale broker Hilton refers people to? She will require a one year exclusive, also.

Another option is to list it yourself on Redweek. You can figure out what the going rate is for the timeshare and then undercut them by listing yours at a significantly lower sales price. Redweek offers a closing service, which could be nice if you don't want to do all the paperwork yourself.