• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marco Exchange ?

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Room location for Charter Club ?

(edited to add)Does anyone have a resort map or know where the following rooms/views are for Charter Club Marco? 206,308,506,604,806

I know these resorts are not open yet so our 2006 plans will be for 2007. We are boomers with adult sons who sometimes tag along. I belong to II and RCI.

Have traded for Captiva & Anna Maria in the past and now want to try Marco. Love those gulf beaches.

Of these three resorts what are the pros and cons and prefered room location or building. Reviews are a little old. Which if any have amenities for exchangers like bikes or Hobie cats.

Surf Club,Eagles Nest or Charter Club.

Thank You!

Last edited:

danb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marco Exchanges

We just returned from Marco staying at the Sunset Cove. Although not on the beach it was a nice timeshare, They are all 3br and there is a WinDixie next door. They have a small marina where you can rent a boat for a half or full day. The cost was $80 for 1/2 day. The beaches look great, white powdery sand.
We went into the surf club property for a look. A agent or guard aproaches us but didn't stop us so we looked around. The building itself looked good, I think all the repairs were complete. There was much to be done to the grounds, the pool was filled and running buit needed a cleaning and workers were planting new trees and landscaping.
They said it would reopen Feb 2nd.

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite is Charter Club followed very closely by Eagle's Nest. All units at Charter Club have gulf views and you can pop next door to the Radisson and watch the sunset at their pool bar. I certainly wouldn't turn down a trade to Eagle's Nest either. Linda

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
For a more intimate, less mega-resorty vacation, add Club Regency to your list. It is right there with the others.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
bump due to update of original question!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Here's a pic of the Charter Club. Note there are 2 buildings, one closer to the beach than the other but not totally blocking the view. I don't remember which rooms are front building vs. back building, but I think they are both 10 stories. If I remember right, rooms 1-4 are the front building and 5-8 are the back, so if that is right then room 5 would have the most obstructed view, 1-4 have no obstruction. Count 1-8 from left to right on each floor. I think 604 is your best bet if I have these numbewrs right. Also rooms 5-8 overlook the pool, so a low floor may get a bit noisy.

charterclub.jpg

Last edited:

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Thanks to those who replied.

We booked Charter Club for May 2007. There are no guarantees but its for a high floor so if we do indeed get that unit the view will be super.

I had noticed CC online last weekend. Even though my initial intent was only for Eagle's Nest since all Charter Club units have balconies that face the ocean we felt we couldn't go wrong. Wanted to go try Marco for the last few years.

Joe Egan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congradulations on geting a trade to The Charter Club. Just wanted to correct the above room location posting. The first number relates to the floor your on.. There are no units on the first floor so rooms starting with one are actually on the second floor. The last number indicates its location in the building. Units ending in 01 through 04 are located in the south ( set back ) building with unit 201 being on the far right and units ending in 04 have their beach view blocked to the north. The units ending in 05 through 08 are located in the north building which is in the front with ALL units having a full view up and down the beach. Units ending in 01,04,05,and 08 all are end units with larger balconys. We prefer the north building because all the rooms have an unobstructed view and the sunsets from your balconny are unbelivable. The Charter club has bikes and Hobie Cats for the guests. We go every year in May and love the weather and have no problems with crouds. Nothing's better then long sunny days and sunset at 8PM. Hope you enjoy.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Joe
Thank You. Due to your info we are in the north building ,10th floor,unit 1006. I also went to the Hilton site and viewed the IPIX video. Beach is just beautiful.
I'm sure I would enjoy any of the nice resorts mentioned. There were only a couple units left last night for Charter.

bfree

TUG Member
Reaction score
marco

where is room 108 at marco. is it a tower or villa, first floor, any view?