• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marbrisa - resale market?

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
Hi Everyone -

Background:
  • I see a lot of listings for Elara / Paradise / Boulevard so it seems there is an active resale market for those properties ($MF/point ratios). In fact, we just added a Paradise deed to our collection.
  • We already own Marbrisa (retail, yes, we now know better, but what is done is done)

Question: what is the view on Marbrisa for a resale?

I don't see a lot of these listed. Is there a reasonable resale market for these for in the future when we are ready to resale our current deed? Also, some deeds have a reasonable MF rate - I need to run the calculations, but the listing price (and my assumed actual purchase price) of these imply there could be a period where the total costs could show an additional MarBrisa deed as being "close" to a vegas one....

But - I am curious as to thoughts on whether we'd be able to get out from under it once we are done using the points.

thoughts?

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
rofr.net

If platinum week in a 2 bedroom, maybe $2,000-$3,500, but probably lower on that range. Do you get GPX?

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
yes, we have GPX, but really have not used it as we tend to enjoy MarBrisa.... perhaps we should look into GPX more.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hi Everyone -

Background:
  • I see a lot of listings for Elara / Paradise / Boulevard so it seems there is an active resale market for those properties ($MF/point ratios). In fact, we just added a Paradise deed to our collection.
  • We already own Marbrisa (retail, yes, we now know better, but what is done is done)

Question: what is the view on Marbrisa for a resale?

I don't see a lot of these listed. Is there a reasonable resale market for these for in the future when we are ready to resale our current deed? Also, some deeds have a reasonable MF rate - I need to run the calculations, but the listing price (and my assumed actual purchase price) of these imply there could be a period where the total costs could show an additional MarBrisa deed as being "close" to a vegas one....

But - I am curious as to thoughts on whether we'd be able to get out from under it once we are done using the points.

thoughts?
I’m not sure about getting out from underneath, but if you buy platinum, you should be able to give it away. Also, make sure you look at the closing costs. MarBrisa’s ownership is done by GP, at least it used to be. I believe it was pretty expensive, but I could be remembering wrong.

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
I missed out last week, but wife and inlaws got to enjoy 3 units with a golf cart. LegoLand and pools were a draw for the kids.

It was our first timeshare resale purchase. I'd extract the GPX bonus week deals and get every ounce of enjoymnet you can. If you have a large payment, it makes it harder to have choices.

MFs are a bit high, but the family like it and so we will probably keep it for several years. If we stop gettting value it will be the first week we let go.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I had GP process a Seapointe transfer for me and it was fast and efficient, cost was $450 about eight years ago.

By all means take advantage of GPX, there are some really nice bonus week cash offers on there.