• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marbrisa Pointe vs Cove areas

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I reserved a 2 bdrm unit for a ladies getaway at the end of February.
I didn't read or remember the fine print that said my reservation was in the Pointe neighborhood
without elevators. The lack of elevators in itself shouldn't be a problem.
But how many floors maximum could we expect to walk up?

I think the Pointe amenities would probably suit us better than those at Cove.
What are the other main differences between Pointe and Cove that you would
recommend one over the other?

Funny, but I got a form email letter the other day that started out with
"Dear *|NAME|* " and other form field reservation info.
And a revised message the next day with the name filled in and real reservation info.

Thanks in advance!
Sandra

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the best of my memory, the ocean view rooms are in a 3 story building and the second story is ground level. So, one flight of stairs would be your maximum (either up or down). I've never stayed in the buildings behind the ocean view rooms so I don't know how many flights of stairs you'd have to do, but the buildings aren't higher than 3 levels.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the best of my memory, the ocean view rooms are in a 3 story building and the second story is ground level. So, one flight of stairs would be your maximum (either up or down). I've never stayed in the buildings behind the ocean view rooms so I don't know how many flights of stairs you'd have to do, but the buildings aren't higher than 3 levels.

Thanks! Turns out one of my friends prefers to avoid stairs, but is OK with going up/down one flight. I will call Marbrisa to request assignment to a ground floor unit. I can still change my reservation to the Cove without charge, but it would be a lockoff, which we don't want.

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Regarding floor nomenclature: I see a ground floor unit as being the very first floor with the lowest level. That's because it has a patio. I see the second floor as being the "level in" unit with no stairs needed from the parking area, etc. Of course, I see the top floor as the regular top floor.
Sorry to be picky-I'm a little unclear on your requesting a ground floor unit, the very bottom or the level in?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regarding floor nomenclature: I see a ground floor unit as being the very first floor with the lowest level. That's because it has a patio. I see the second floor as being the "level in" unit with no stairs needed from the parking area, etc. Of course, I see the top floor as the regular top floor.
Sorry to be picky-I'm a little unclear on your requesting a ground floor unit, the very bottom or the level in?

I requested the parking lot level, so I guess 2nd floor, so my friend won't have to do stairs. She said she could manage 1 flight tho'. She preferred to take our chances in the Pointe neighborhood cause of the 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom. And I didn't want a lock-off in the Cove area.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well as it turns out, 1 of my 2 friends now can't go because of her family member's memorial service.
We're only a week before check-in.
There's only a difference of 500 points between my current 2 bdrm reservation and a 1 bdrm.
Just out of curiosity, if I changed to a 1 bdrm (they are available), would I just lose the difference in points?

I am inclined to keep the 2 bdrm (but going to change sections to the Cove after all :) )

Thx!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're only a week before check-in.
ust out of curiosity, if I changed to a 1 bdrm (they are available), would I just lose the difference in points?
You would lose the points since you are less than 30 days before check in. A potential risky solution if you have free changes is to rebook what you have several months out and then cancel that reservation. You'd be doing a new reservation for what it is that you really want. I wouldn't do that for 500 points this close to check in, but you may feel more confident that the reservation will still be available after you jump through all the hoops.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You would lose the points since you are less than 30 days before check in. A potential risky solution if you have free changes is to rebook what you have several months out and then cancel that reservation. You'd be doing a new reservation for what it is that you really want. I wouldn't do that for 500 points this close to check in, but you may feel more confident that the reservation will still be available after you jump through all the hoops.

Thx, I just changed to a Cove unit, same number of points. No change fee. Seems excessive to have a 2bdrm for 2 people, but I don't want to lose 3000 pts from current ressie for cancelling or downgrading so close to check in. Changing to later dates wasn't much of an option cause we have non refundable & non changeable air fares.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
only a difference of 500 points
I wouldn't worry about 500 HGVC points difference so close to your travel dates. To me, this is only worth about $75+ or less than the reservation fee.