• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mar_Brisa Visit

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took at Mar_Brisa during my stay in December. I thought I took some pictures of the inside of my 3 bdrm but alas I did not. However, here are some pictures of the outside. Currently there is only 2 blgs with 2 more being built. The swimming pool was filled and ready for use, however, it was a bit to cold to go swimming.

The only problem I had with the place is that there were no elevators to get to the third or first floors. It made it a little hard to getting my luggage and grocery up to the third floor. Only the second floor had a straight walk way from the parking lot.

Below is the link to my Mar Brisa Album.

http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq148/DEROS6/Mar_Brisa/

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only been at the HGVC Waikoloa and HHV Lagoon Tower. The outside does not compare. However, the inside was very good. It is much better than the Lagoon but under Waikoloa.

Understand, I only stayed in a normal 1 bdrm in the Lagoon and at Waikoloa was the 2 bdrm Premiere.

The picture of Mar Brisa they have on the website is what it is, an artistic conception of how it will look like when Mar Brisa is totally built up. What I could see, there was about 3-4 more bldgs being built.

However, I did have blast around the area. It is great that there is a special passage to Legoland for guest but it seemed like it is about the same distance if you just walked to the front entrance. I went during the very low season so it may make a difference during the high season. For me, there was no fighting the line to get into Legoland from the special entrance.

I purchase a Go San Dieago Card which included Legoland and a bunch of other places in San Diego. I thought it was worth the money.

Deros

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be staying at Marbrisa in September for 3 weeks. I haven't ever heard of the Go San Diego card. Would you please let me know what it costs and where to buy it? What types of things does it include? Thanks for the information.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to send you a personal email about the card but it may be useful to anybody going to San Diego.

This is there website: http://www.gosandiegocard.com/

They also have other cards that they do, like Florida, San Fransico, Hawaii.

What I like about the Go San Diego card, is the all for one discount. I know people can find discounts tickets for this place and that place etc.. However, I didn't want to go hunting individually for the discount coupons/tickets.

It doesn't include Disneyland but I was there for Legoland and everything south. Our 5 day trip was cut down to three days but we were about to go to Legoland, San Diego Zoo, Science Center with a 45 min IMAX movie, and the Discovery Science center. Just check out the website for included attraction.

I didn't ask for a price list but I do know that the front lobby of Mar Brisa has a staff member that claims can get you discounted attraction tickets to any attraction in the area. The only reason I didn't go that way was because I was afraid that it would be tied to a sales presentation.

I don't know how thin the floors are, I stayed in the third floor, but ask for a 2nd floor room. It will make it a lot easier to get your bags to your room. There are no elevators to the first or third floors. This was an issue with me because I like bringing in all my bags/grocery in at one time.

Deros

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deros, thanks for the helpful information. This looks like a really good deal for seeing a lot of the local attractions. Also it is good to know about trying not the stay on the third floor. I'm looking forward to my stay there.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would rate it a 7.5 to 8 out of 10. However, I think it will get better as they continue to build up the property.

I got to do a proper right up in the TUG Resort Database.