• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maple Leafs lose to Lightning in latest Game 7 heartbreaker

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another interesting statistic that was posted on TV: The TMLs since 2013 are now 0-10 in games where they can clinch a series. Five of those games came within the last two years.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
And it has now been 55 years since the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. I was still in high school!! There is some great talent on the current team, but it boggles my mind that an organization as well-funded as MLSE somehow cannot put together a team that can get it closed. :shrug:

I hate to repeat the long-bleated "prayer" of Leafs fans, "there is always next year", and the next, and the next....! Colour me sad. :rolleyes::cry:

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Lanny McDonald broke my heart in 1978 with an overtime goal in game 7 to win 2-1 against the Islanders. My father and I ended up with tickets in the 4th row right behind the goal that all three goals were scored in. My uncle was an Islander season ticket holder and knew a guy who couldn’t use the tickets because he was going to dinner with his soon to be in-laws. A great memory, but I still remember the silent ride back to his house in a barely heated VW beetle.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I was at one of the games in 1967 with my grandpa when they beat Chicago to either win the semi-finals or leading up to the win, I dont really remember. He was a Metro Toronto Police officer and used to take on extra hours as security standing in the isles at Maple Leaf Gardens. He knew the couple who had seasons tickets near where he stood. The wife didnt enjoy the games and the guy often brought a friend or asked my grandpa if he knew somebody to fill the seat, so I got to go the odd time. I still remember watching the Stanly Cup game at my grandparents' home on their old black and white TV a few weeks later. I thought my grandpa was going to have a heart attack he was so excited!
Hopefully I will live long enough to see them win another cup!

~Diane

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
This still leaves the TMLs as the NHL team with the longest streak of failing to reach the Conference Semi-finals (second round). They have not been there since 2004.
I went to a game in Philly in that series where the leafs lost. Then Penn relays.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
More importantly (IMO) both the Flames and Oilers won their game 7s. That sets up a Battle of Alberta in the second round of the playoffs. That will be the first time these rivals have met in the playoffs in over 30 years. Last time was 1991.

Of course this year is the first year since I got them in 2009 that I sold my season tickets as a whole year package including playoffs (due to covid concerns)...

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
That will be the first time these rivals have met in the playoffs in over 30 years. Last time was 1991.

Yes, I remember Theoren Fleury's Game 6 OT winner with his overly-zealous celebration and Esa Tikkanen's Game 7 OT winner.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
More importantly (IMO) both the Flames and Oilers won their game 7s. That sets up a Battle of Alberta in the second round of the playoffs. That will be the first time these rivals have met in the playoffs in over 30 years. Last time was 1991.

Of course this year is the first year since I got them in 2009 that I sold my season tickets as a whole year package including playoffs (due to covid concerns)...

You could say - "there is always next year "
- (but that would make you a Leaf fan)

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score

Zekes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Spinnaker
go lightning

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

Game 1 was quite the rush - Flames 9, Oilers 6

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Colorado Avalanche shut down Connor McDavid, shut out Edmonton Oilers for 2-0 lead in Western _Conference finals

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avalanche sweep Oilers, advance to Stanley Cup Final

Richard

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Canadien team hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1993. Do you know why that drought is so long?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
A Canadien team hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1993. Do you know why that drought is so long?

Is your question concerning the Montréal Canadiens hockey team, or Canadian NHL teams in total? If the latter, then it should be spelt "Canadian", or if you intended to use French, then it should be "Canadienne" since "équipe" (the French word for "team") is a feminine noun. Here endeth today's French lesson. :geek: :D

Either way, the answer is indeed 1993. It is definitely the $64,000 (or $1M with inflation) question! If you know the answer, we are all waiting with bated breath, because we have long been wondering the same thing! Lots of possibilities, for sure. Many solutions have been tried, but unfortunately the drought continues! :shrug: :wall:

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is your question concerning the Montréal Canadiens hockey team, or Canadian NHL teams in total? If the latter, then it should be spelt "Canadian", or if you intended to use French, then it should be "Canadienne" since "équipe" (the French word for "team") is a feminine noun. Here endeth today's French lesson. :geek: :D

Merci. I forwarded your correction to Siri. I wonder if it will become controversial to assign genders to nouns in a woke world.
:sneaky:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thankfully every winning team since has had more Canadians on it then any other country? How about against the field as a whole?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I'm surprised that Canadians make up "only" 43% of the NHL. I thought it would be a higher percentage.

The surprising thing is that the percentage of Canadians is so large, given that the majority of teams are US-based and the population of the US is so much larger. While many Americans are not involved in hockey, you still outnumber us more than 8.5 to 1.