• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Map of TUGgers Worldwide

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I've just created a map at www.frappr.com/tuggersworldwide .

Enter your location there to show where we have TUGgers located around the world (registration/subscription not required, but if you want to fine tune the placement of your marker, be notified of new subscriptions, or later edit your entry you'll have to subscribe there).

[Edit:] Now that there are well over 100 entries on the map, note that the default map when you first access the site will only show the first 100 entries. To see them all, you must zoom into a "closer" view.

Last edited:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
From what I can see, I'm the first Canadian - kind of cool.

Bev

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When I click on 'Not in the US' I get the error message 'Javascript: void0). This happens using IE and Firefox.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keitht said:
When I click on 'Not in the US' I get the error message 'Javascript: void0). This happens using IE and Firefox.

Yeah, doing the same for me, too. Must be something that just cropped up, since we did get two entries from Canada yesterday.

Can't even find a link to lodge a query with the system. Grr...

[Okay, found the link and have fired off a query. We HAVE had 3 non-US successful entries at this point: 2 Canada and 1 UK]

Last edited:

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How does one actually register as opposed to just placing oneself on the map?

Thanks,

Sharon

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3kids4me said:
How does one actually register as opposed to just placing oneself on the map?

Thanks,

Sharon

I guess the proper term is "subscribe" rather than "register". I'll go back and edit the first post.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's working again. Just added myself. 3 Brits on there now.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I can't see the map, but I am enjoying seeing everyone's picture! Nice to put a face(s) with a screen name!

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How safe is this?

Ok, not be be a wet blanket or anything, but I got to playing with the map and apparently it will zoom down to the exact house you live in if you give it specific enough information. It appears to me the default is to pinpoint a house in the vicinity of the zip code's post office, but even that seems way to "close to home" to me. Especially with the detailed maps that are available.

I don't want to seem paranoid, but I also want to be smart. What do you guys think?

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Its a Google Map. If you feed it an exact address it will go to your house, if it knows your street. But with this we are only sharing zip codes, so it would be unlikely that it would get that close. In some cases, with a zip code and a full name, yes, you could find the person's location, *if* they were listed in their local phone book and included their street address. I'm listed, but not my street address.

A little paranoia is a fine thing; but in this case I don't think its warranted.

[edited to add:] I just looked at the map, and I'm in the edge of Seven Hills, near a golf course according to it. The other person listed for Henderson, NV appears to live in the Anthem Village Shopping Center :)

Fern

Last edited:

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Posting pictures

Can I suggest that people size their pictures down to about 800 x 600 pixels and a file size of about 200k. I have broadband and some of the pics still download in chunks.
Most photo editing packages will have options to resize and / or save for Web.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
teachingmyown said:
Ok, not be be a wet blanket or anything, but I got to playing with the map and apparently it will zoom down to the exact house you live in if you give it specific enough information. It appears to me the default is to pinpoint a house in the vicinity of the zip code's post office, but even that seems way to "close to home" to me. Especially with the detailed maps that are available.

I don't want to seem paranoid, but I also want to be smart. What do you guys think?

I certainly don't think you are being a wet blanket. You raise a valid point. I don't know if it's possible to edit your details after they have been entered, but if you you could alway change the zip code to a different on in your city.
I also don't know how accurate the pin is for places in the USA but having checked the pin for my entry it shows a location a couple of miles away. UK postcodes only cover a couple of dozen addresses so I'm assuming it has only used the first half of it.

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Fern Modena said:
[edited to add:] I just looked at the map, and I'm in the edge of Seven Hills, near a golf course according to it. The other person listed for Henderson, NV appears to live in the Anthem Village Shopping Center :)

Fern

Great idea!! My marker now indicates I "live" in a nearby shopping mall...that's pretty appropriate. :p

RonaldCol

Reaction score
teachingmyown said:

I'm going to have to agree with you on this. I have somewhat of a public profile since my books are published and are in most major city libraries. (I am not using my real name on TUG to hide my ID further.) We have unlisted phone numbers for our home and a published office mailing address. One evening about two years ago a total stranger who read a few of my books called me at my home while we were having dinner. It literally scared the daylights out of my wife and me since we try to really keep our personal lives to ourselves. This reader managed to use the internet and trace our home phone and our home address. I have a few hundred thousand copies of my books out there and lord knows if a few of my phrases gets one or two of these readers upset and they want to get me to do whatever harm they can. Anonymity, you can't get enough of it.

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this link!!

I just shared our family picture taken aboard the Sugar Cane Train this past summer!!

Jerry

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you only identify your location by your zip code when entering the data point, all it will do is place a pointer in the center of your zip code. If you don't give it your real name as a label, there's not much anybody can do to trace you.