• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Many Americans won't fly abroad because of COVID-19 reentry test, TPG surveys show

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
At this stage of life, in our eighth decade, and having traveled extensively for six of them, there aren't a whole lot of 'golly, gee whiz' sights to see, and maybe it might be time to throttle back a bit and enjoy the ride.

OTOH, after we get rested up and whip the yard back into shape, we might just find something we just need to see one more time.

Jim

Greenland and Newfoundland beckon! And there is only a one-way flight needed to get to or return from Reykjavik!
To get to Bayonne or from Boston- plane, train or automobile (bus?)!

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently in quarantine in Jamaica after testing positive for pre-departure this past Friday (was supposed to return Saturday). My husband was negative, but chose to stay with me. Apart from two solid days of a runny nose and middle ear fluid, I have been okay. We are well into our fourth day. Being very active people, we jog back and forth within the 25 foot room. The resort takes insurance out on every guest, so our food and lodging is thankfully covered. We have other travel insurance because there are expenses associated with this delay.
This is no picnic, but would not deter me from traveling again. To note, I am very careful about wearing a mask at home, but did not do so here (nobody wears one). What I will do, however, is get my second booster before embarking outside the US again.
Don't forget the 3rd that seems to be on its way.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
To add on to the original post:
The 2 hour delay from Heathrow to Phoenix meant missing our ongoing flight to Boise...

Wow! Thanks for sharing your tale of woe.

It reminds me of the time we got stuck overnight in Newark becuz Delta canceled our next-to-last leg home from Rome. They also sent us to another terminal to _try_ another airline, but no joy. Back at Delta, they claimed it was due to weather in Atlanta, so no vouchers or compensation... zilch. "There's a hotel kiosk in baggage claim."

Last edited: