• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Many Americans ready to travel once lockdown lifted, polls show

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I'm ready. Flight booked, rental car booked, and accommodations booked at Ocean Enclave by HGVC in Myrtle Beach, SC Aug 22-29. We are excited to get back to traveling!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We are ready too. But for the time being, with the exception of our August trip to Hawaii (which I feel is 50/50 at best of happening) we are staying within driving distance. It allows for more flexibility for changes.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I hate to be Debbie downer but I don’t think anyone is going anywhere this summer.

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
I'm ready. Planning on Playa del Carmen in September.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I hate to be Debbie downer but I don’t think anyone is going anywhere this summer.

I hear you but I think it’s too early to tell until the science catches up with this virus. It’s entirely possible you could be right, but it’s also possible that summer we may see a major lull in coronavirus due to seasonal aspects and then see a resurgence in the fall (much like flu). Until we get more data, it’s really anyone’s guess at this point.

I keep booking reservations within the 60 day discount window “just in case” we end up being able to use them - Heaven knows we have the points LOL. The first family vacation we have on the books is mid-August in Myrtle Beach - hoping we will be able to go. We also have a few trips booked in the fall for just the two of us since two of our kids are in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm hopeful... rescheduled plans for a Baltic tour not a cruise and want to be able to return to USA in September!!!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to MN by air in June. I see no reason why it can't happen.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
No travel for us for the rest of this year. Cancelled May in Seattle early on. Just pulled the plug on Newport, RI and NYC in October. Our comfort level, our choice.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm holding tight to a few days booked at Portland Wyndham starting June 2. And a post here about Oregon's status has me encouraged. Truth is, I would board a plane tomorrow. Scares me less that my most recent outing to Walmart.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have a question. If people are so concerned with flattening the curve and protecting others, then why are so many people eager to travel as soon as restrictions are lifted?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I have a question. If people are so concerned with flattening the curve and protecting others, then why are so many people eager to travel as soon as restrictions are lifted?
Maybe they think that travel restrictions won't be lifted until the curve is flattened and its "safe" to travel.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Maybe they think that travel restrictions won't be lifted until the curve is flattened and its "safe" to travel.

Personally, I do not think it will be safe to travel this summer even if the government lifts the restrictions. I assume there will be a resurgence of cases and deaths. However, OTOH, Sweden did not do strict lockdowns and they are not doing much worse than we are and they are doing better than many other European countries. Personally, I would travel when restrictions are lifted if the infrastructure is back but, then, I am not so worried about getting sick myself.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why do people use Sweden as a good example? They are doing worse than their neighbors, Norway and Denmark.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-sweden-and-norway-handled-coronavirus-differently-2020-4

They are not doing that much worse than us, all things considered. They are doing better than Netherlands and Belguim and many other countries in Europe. They are not much worse off than Switzerland. I would expect Sweden to have a higher mortality rate but it is not as horrible as experts would have predicted, given their more relaxed approach to stay at home. Their social distancing approach is significantly relaxed compared to the rest of the world. Plus it is possible that their death rate in the end could be the same. They might have more deaths upfront and fewer as they approach herd immunity more quickly than other countries.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Apparently there are already many, many people traveling. I saw a friend fly to SC this week to quarantine with her daughter. Sedona is complaining about the number of visitors who have chosen to SIP there. I have a family member who has taken advantage of the empty highways to explore Big Sur, etc and Utah on another trip.

I'll wait out of politeness. I'm optimistic that I'll be welcome in Sedona by June.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Apparently there are already many, many people traveling. I saw a friend fly to SC this week to quarantine with her daughter. Sedona is complaining about the number of visitors who have chosen to SIP there. I have a family member who has taken advantage of the empty highways to explore Big Sur, etc and Utah on another trip.

I'll wait out of politeness. I'm optimistic that I'll be welcome in Sedona by June.
You (the universal you) just need to be careful where you are traveling to. Some states have a quarantine in place order to you come into that state. Not sure how that is policed if you drive in as opposed to fly in. Some states, like mine (New Mexico) have cancelled all live events through August. So you might be able to come, but if you were coming for a specific event, it's not happening.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a week confirmed in North Conway, NH. starting June 19. If the resort opens, we’ll go. We planned to drive, And we’ll take a lot of our own food. There are lots of scenic drives in the area, and hiking trails etc. Being outdoors in the sunshine is about as safe as it gets. I’d feel bad if most of the shops were closed, but we’d probably go unless everything was locked down.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Why do people use Sweden as a good example? They are doing worse than their neighbors, Norway and Denmark.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-sweden-and-norway-handled-coronavirus-differently-2020-4
There is more than one way of measuring "worse". I think it is important to also look at the unemployment rate, mental health status, suicides, domestic abuse, need for assistance for food, etc. Just looking at the CV-19 numbers, which can vary greatly country to country based on how they are reported, is not necessarily the only determination of who is doing "worse", IMO.

Kurt

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to all of those other factors you referred to. I thought this was a discussion on COVID-19.
They are related, and this is a discussion on traveling when the lockdown is over.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I wasn't referring to all of those other factors you referred to. I thought this was a discussion on COVID-19.
The point is that all of those other factors I listed (as well as others, I'm sure) are certainly a contributor when stating one country is better or worse than another when comparing how they are handling COVID-19.

Kurt

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
All I know is here in NH where our numbers are low things are cancelled through Columbus Day. Things like fairs and other events. Even our doctors office isn’t opening until August- so they say. I don’t see beaches or pools opening then, nor do I see restaurants opening. Right now the National Forest Service shut down all trailheads. Maybe we can go to a timeshare condo and isolate in there. But what good is it if you can’t do anything,

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As mentioned upline, my quick trip to our small airport, and one hour flight north, with appropriate PPE, will result in less contact/exposure than my recent visit to the local Walmart.