• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mansfield Country Resort, Australia, probably ending as a timeshare/ RCI Points resort

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I generally toss most information from Mansfield. I didn't toss this letter I received yesterday because I have been curious as to why management included a survey while paying for our maintenance fees online this past summer. The survey asked if we would like to see the timeshare end. I said I would vote for that. I don't remember the exact wording, and I mentioned it on TUG at the time, but nothing ever really came of it.

Mansfield sent the agenda for the next meeting, and the one item on the agenda is Resolution 5, Approval of company considering sale and winding-up process (their words).

It's not that the fees have become unmanageable, quite the contrary. The value of the dollar to AUS dollar has remained high, the cost has always consistently stayed well under 1 cent per point in MF's. I just am wanting to be done with RCI Points in the massive numbers we have now. I just don't use them. I would like to just keep my Fox Hills in Wisconsin, which is a small number of points (also at 1 cent in MF's consistently). I could choose to PFD my weeks in Colorado by keeping my RCI account open. I have not done that in years because I have so many RCI Points with Grand Palms (formerly Pres Villas).

I know a lot of TUG members chose to buy Mansfield when a broker came to TUG years ago and offered a deal for the points. I had to talk Rick into it. I think we have owned for about 15 years. I am ready to be done. How are other owners feeling about Mansfield selling the property?

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I also own at Mansfield and also responded that I would be on board with selling the Mansfield. I did find out that if I sell/give away the weeks (which go into points) it must be to a Australian resident, which is really limiting. I am seriously thinking of just stopping making the maintenance payments as we are not as able to travel as previously. I have sent a letter, telling them I would like to deed back the unit, free. I am just looking to be done with RCI points.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I also own at Mansfield and also responded that I would be on board with selling the Mansfield. I did find out that if I sell/give away the weeks (which go into points) it must be to a Australian resident, which is really limiting. I am seriously thinking of just stopping making the maintenance payments as we are not as able to travel as previously. I have sent a letter, telling them I would like to deed back the unit, free. I am just looking to be done with RCI points.
I would love to be done with RCI completely, even in weeks, but I am still stuck in RCI for a while longer, unfortunately. There are some resorts I only get in RCI that I still love, but Disney moving back to II leaves me more trading power in RCI than I can use.

PQRmom1997

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mansfield Country Resort
I generally toss most information from Mansfield. I didn't toss this letter I received yesterday because I have been curious as to why management included a survey while paying for our maintenance fees online this past summer. The survey asked if we would like to see the timeshare end. I said I would vote for that. I don't remember the exact wording, and I mentioned it on TUG at the time, but nothing ever really came of it.

Mansfield sent the agenda for the next meeting, and the one item on the agenda is Resolution 5, Approval of company considering sale and winding-up process (their words).

It's not that the fees have become unmanageable, quite the contrary. The value of the dollar to AUS dollar has remained high, the cost has always consistently stayed well under 1 cent per point in MF's. I just am wanting to be done with RCI Points in the massive numbers we have now. I just don't use them. I would like to just keep my Fox Hills in Wisconsin, which is a small number of points (also at 1 cent in MF's consistently). I could choose to PFD my weeks in Colorado by keeping my RCI account open. I have not done that in years because I have so many RCI Points with Grand Palms (formerly Pres Villas).

I know a lot of TUG members chose to buy Mansfield when a broker came to TUG years ago and offered a deal for the points. I had to talk Rick into it. I think we have owned for about 15 years. I am ready to be done. How are other owners feeling about Mansfield selling the property?
Hello. I have owned two timeshares at Mansfield since 2004 and did not receive that survey. If the time share ended, what would happen to the current owners? Do you know any more? We are looking to sell ours as we are old and don't travel much anymore.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have owned two timeshares at Mansfield since 2004 and did not receive that survey. If the time share ended, what would happen to the current owners? Do you know any more? We are looking to sell ours as we are old and don't travel much anymore.

If it were South Africa and certain scammers there were involved, I would say you would get nothing, but Australia is a different situation. The proceeds should be divided among the owners. If they are getting ready to dissolve, then owners of weeks there might want to take that into account before deeding back their weeks. I thnk most Australian resorts are fee simple ownership instead of leaseholds like some of the UK resorts. I owned a couple of weeks at a UK resort that when the lease ended, the timeshare just went poof and there was nothing to divide among the owners.

I owned a week in the Netherlands, and the timeshare was organized as a cooperative and ownership was as a member of the cooperative. The board members got old and wanted out of their jobs, and when no one came forward to replace them, they proposed selling the resort, which was voted on and passed. I got a nice transfer into my euro-denominated Romanian bank account from the sale of the property that slightly exceeded what I had paid for the week, and I had paid a pretty decent price for it because it was a tiger trader in RCI with a very low m/f.

PQRmom1997

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mansfield Country Resort

If it gets me out of my timeshare there, I’m all for it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought I posted on this thread yesterday, but apparently I didn't hit the blue Post Reply button.

The timeshare is ending in apparently about 2 years, but Mansfield needs your vote. Check your mailbox for the instructions.

I guess we will get a small amount per ownership, we have two, but who knows what they will spend on attorneys and the other staff needed to accomplish the sale. I am pretty happy to be done with Mansfield in two years. Just getting rid of the MF's is a positive result of the end to this timeshare.