• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor club resale prices down

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two MMC units just sold seperately on EBAY for $6000 each, plus closing costs. I havent seen a unit sell for that low in a couple years.

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
what season was this for? seems too good to be true for platinum? love to be the buyer, hate to be the seller if it is platinum.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
That doesn't mean they will pass ROFR. If and when they do, then I'll be surprised at the low price too.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Bankrupt

The two from BKassets (bankrupt sales) state that Marriott will not be excercising ROFR.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
what season was this for? seems too good to be true for platinum? love to be the buyer, hate to be the seller if it is platinum.

They were both platinum. I would have bought but I think that this is only the beginning of the drop in timeshare prices and you will see better prices in a few months. The amount of foreclosures on homes is staggering and timeshares are going to be worse.

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
The two from BKassets (bankrupt sales) state that Marriott will not be excercising ROFR.

I find that hard to believe that Marriott would waive ROFR before they knew the price it would sell for.......

It is a great price. I hope a Tugger got it so they can tell us if it passes ROFR!

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)

Just because they state it in their ad doesn't mean it's true. Lots of mis-information in Ebay ads.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just because they state it in their ad doesn't mean it's true. Lots of mis-information in Ebay ads.

Very true but I have seen this before in this sellers auctions and the seller has a 440 feedback with 100% rating.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from ebay auctions they are always lower than the real value in my opinion. I know I've seen another sell on ebay for $6000 and that was more than a year ago.

Regards.
Joe

CLIFFTOPS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Monarch Was A Great Price.
No Worry With Rofr On That Property.
I Looked Seriously At That Auction But In Reality I Have Found You Can Trade Into Most May Weeks At Monarch With An A/c Or Another Less Expensive Week And Less Expensive Maintenance Fee.
You Do Have The Ii Exchange Fee But Overall Still A Small Savings.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from ebay auctions they are always lower than the real value in my opinion. I know I've seen another sell on ebay for $6000 and that was more than a year ago.

Regards.
Joe

The only one near $6000 that I recall in the last two years was around last September/October but usage began in 2007 with the buyer reimbursing the maintenance fees and you would have had to book a fall week which lowers the value of the purchase, IMO.

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Does anyone know the current retail prices for these units? I checked the listings but none of them mentioned what Marriott is currently charging.

Thanks!

Jason

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current retail prices for these units? I checked the listings but none of them mentioned what Marriott is currently charging.

Thanks!

Jason

Current retail is about 20K.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that all three of these Manor Club units pass ROFR (of course two of them have already been "pre-approved"). It is just a sign of the times IMO.

Terry

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I agree with Thinze - I think these -- and everything --- will pass ROFR this days.

These are good days to be a buyer...bad days to need to be a seller.

I think this will also kill Marriott's "internal exchange system" -- how can they spending money on further R&D for an internal transfer system, when they are trying to save the baby, ie their timeshare sales system.

Interesting times....

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
See this is what I don't understand. I own MMC platinum. I talked with Marriott resales a few months back just to see what they were doing on resales for MMC. They told me they were selling them for just over 21,000 and if they sold mine for me I would net $14,500. When I spoke to them they said they had no waiting list of owners who wanted to sell so they would list mine immediately. Now why would someone sell on EBAY for less than half what they would net through Marriott? Splain it to me Lucy!

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
They could have a wait of a year or more before Marriott sells it. Ebay equals fairly quick money.

See this is what I don't understand. I own MMC platinum. I talked with Marriott resales a few months back just to see what they were doing on resales for MMC. They told me they were selling them for just over 21,000 and if they sold mine for me I would net $14,500. When I spoke to them they said they had no waiting list of owners who wanted to sell so they would list mine immediately. Now why would someone sell on EBAY for less than half what they would net through Marriott? Splain it to me Lucy!

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott is building an internal exchange system to make money. They want to control the behavior of their owner pool. They will be able to extract more money by offering features to multiple week owners, owners of more valuable properties, etc. This will drive sales.

They aren't doing this for the owners.

I think this will also kill Marriott's "internal exchange system" -- how can they spending money on further R&D for an internal transfer system, when they are trying to save the baby, ie their timeshare sales system.

Interesting times....

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

From reading another thread and post bu icydog. There are currently 3 units on Marriott's list. It may take them some time to resell but probably not very long. You make a good point. Very few people think of contacting Marriott first to see if they can resell their unit for them.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Because you are a Tug Member and they are not! :D

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two MMC units just sold seperately on EBAY for $6000 each, plus closing costs. I havent seen a unit sell for that low in a couple years.
I'm there now. At the welcome breakfast Monday the sales guy said they are raising prices again (every sales presentation I've ever been to made this claim, FWIW). Good luck, Marriott. Can't sell them at the current price so raise the price. That's like raising the tax rate to raise more money---backfires every time.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you are pretty naive when you think that Marriott can't sell at the retail price. They do it all the time. Probably 95-98% of all Marriott owners don't know about TUG, and a ton of them don't even know that there is a resale market out there.

Trust me...I've seen way too many blank stares when I discuss this with folks when I'm on vacation at a Marriott resort. I had one woman tell me that I was lying when I told her about resale. She said it must be a rip off and that Marriott would never allow it. She had recently bought five weeks from Marriott for over $100k.

I'm there now. At the welcome breakfast Monday the sales guy said they are raising prices again (every sales presentation I've ever been to made this claim, FWIW). Good luck, Marriott. Can't sell them at the current price so raise the price. That's like raising the tax rate to raise more money---backfires every time.

BillandSusan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Marriott can not exercise the ROFR because it's a bankruptcy sale. Marriott has to abide by bankruptcy laws and can not do anything to hinder the sale of the property.