• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor Club Maintenance Fees

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Manor Club Maintenance Fees up to $890 from $845, an increase of 5%.

DaveM, this can start your 2009 list updates...

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only $45?

A pittance. That will certainly not be enough to cover the cost of the in room butler and masseuse I requested. :cool:

Charles

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
ShadowRidge up 3.0%

Just checked on-line for ShadowRidge -- up 3.0%. This does not include property taxes which are paid separately directly to the county. We just bought SR earlier this year, so I'm glad the increase isn't too great.

2008 -- $880.92
2009 -- $907.39 (+$26.47)

Now I just have to wait to see what Barony Beach does (2 weeks).

Dave, maybe you can retitle this thread to something like "report 2009 maintenance fees" so everyone doesn't start a new thread for each property.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked online and did not see any MF invoice yet for our Surf Club unit. This year was $1059.00 so I am curious how much it will go up next year.

Wahorn

Reaction score
The 2009 Replacement Reserve is $160.50.
2009 Property Tax Fee is $61.83.
2009 Operating Fee is $667.67.

My question is: Will the Replacement Reserve go away in future years and is this temporary? It seemed like the Manor Club fees went up a tremendous amount as of last year because of this replacement reserve. How many more years are we going to have to pay for this?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The 2009 Replacement Reserve is $160.50.
2009 Property Tax Fee is $61.83.
2009 Operating Fee is $667.67.

My question is: Will the Replacement Reserve go away in future years and is this temporary? It seemed like the Manor Club fees went up a tremendous amount as of last year because of this replacement reserve. How many more years are we going to have to pay for this?

Replacement reserve is ongoing to fund the upgrades and referbishments to the property. These will always be there. They may get smaller or larger depending on how much the HOA feels they need to reserve for future expendatures.

Wahorn

Reaction score
Here is a breakdown of the maintenance fees over the past 5 years:
standard.jpg

How does the operating fee increase by 22% in one year? I noticed that housekeeping went up to $1,252,312 from $1,120,549 and Golf fees went up $322,190 from $303,352. Did they hire more housekeepers or are they giving them a significant raise?

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a breakdown of the maintenance fees over the past 5 years:
..... Did they hire more housekeepers or are they giving them a significant raise?

You forgot about all those year-end bonuses for housekeeping managers and their attendance costs at the 2009 Resorts Housekeeping Convention in Las Vegas ! :rolleyes:

K.

Wahorn

Reaction score
That's funny Kola.

I'd be curious to know what the trends at other Marriott resorts have been over the years...

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I guess after a 12% increase followed by a 18% increase a 5% increase seems a 'pittance'. I think the the HOA at MMC needs to provide owners with more in depth info on where and why? These increases, by the way, have all happened since the change in General Manager of the resort -- don't know if there's any relationship, but it is a consideration.

Brian

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How does the operating fee increase by 22% in one year? I noticed that housekeeping went up to $1,252,312 from $1,120,549 and Golf fees went up $322,190 from $303,352. Did they hire more housekeepers or are they giving them a significant raise?

Remember that there were changes to the federal minimum wage laws. Resorts have to increase hourly rates for their biggest expense (housekeeping). So those costs must be passed on to the owners.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Energy costs at record highs and have increased well over 22%
2) New housecleaning company hired and they are doing a much better job...
3) like Dioxide said, wages are up.

How does the operating fee increase by 22% in one year?