• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor Club Golf

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at Manor Club this week. Golf at Ford's Colony (6 "free" rounds) has been pretty much a bust. There are zero tee times before 2:30PM for Marriott guests, and that barely (if that) leaves time to finsih 18 before dark. I think 3 is the last tee time of the day. We called as soon as we got here and there was nothing all week. I was told all AM tee times are taken by club members and not open to guests. At this time of year, this does not leave much opportunity to play golf. If you are coming here, I suggest you try to call very early to see what Marriott can get for tee times. We spoke to another couple who said they called 4 months ago and got the same as us---very late times. Could not hurt to call early, however. You only really save about 90 bucks over 6 rounds with the "owner price" anyway here. It is 15/round more for anybody to play (45 vs 30 for Marriott owner). Not such a great golf deal, in my opinion.

gottspd

Reaction score
That's good info. Thanks for sharing. How's the rest of your visit going?

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Charles,
it is the high season. Golf in Williamsburg is really popular in October (perfect weather).

That enough should have been reason to go to the meeting on Wednesday.;)

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Hmm? Must be high season. I had no trouble getting a 7 AM tee time during 4th of July week.

Charles

Wasn't the temp about 105 degrees that day?? :)

Brian

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's good info. Thanks for sharing. How's the rest of your visit going?

Manor Club is very nice. I've been here about 4.5 years ago. We are in the older section, and our villa is the older style (no granite, etc.). It is really in great shape, however. Marriott says they are spending over 4 million to upgrade the place---on what I don't know. Everything looks really good. they have the usual fabric samples to look at in the main building--also really nice, but what is here already is good, too. Unfortunately, my brother and I came here on a golf week (we go someplace every fall to golf). Could not get what we wanted at Hilton Head this year and MMC was half the distance from home, too. It is not really crowded here at Marriott. I also noticed the 3 golf courses largely empty for at least a couple hours each AM, but the times are reserved for members. They bunch up the tourists in the PM and the other day there were 2 groups on the first hole and 2 more waiting on the first tee when our time came up---and that was about 2PM, leaving it very tight to finish before dark.