• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor club exchange/AC and golf?

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I am able to obtain a wk at Manor club on an exchange or through an AC, does that include rounds of golf?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Only if you are an owner at Manor Club - or any other Marriott timeshare.

Brian

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm being dense.

Do you mean if I'm an owner at that particular timeshare or do I get the golf included if I'm simply a Marriott owner of another timeshare and exchange in or better yet use an AC?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I do not think that if you use an AC to get in you will get the free golf. Only if you trade a Marriott will you get the golf. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, basically Marriott distinguishes between Marriott owners there on exchange, on AC, renters, guests, etc in terms of the golf packages?

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I had to show a Marriott owners card to get the golf card there when I traded in. Not totally sure, however. I know that Marriott traders get golf because I did.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Here is how to get golf:

Any Marriott owner using their Manor Club week gets golf based on the terms in their purchase agreement.

Any Marriott owner exchanging in using any other Marriott week gets golf based on the unit they occupy (2BR gets six rounds, 1BR gets four, studio gets two).

Any person using a guest certificate from a person in the above two categories.

Any person renting from an owner using their Manor Club week.

Nobody else gets golf including:

Owners using a non-Marriott week exchanging in
Non-Marriott owners
Renters (through Marriott.com or elsewhere)
Anyone regardless of ownership status using an AC (Marriott staff see this as a bonus week and not golf eligible).

Those are the rules.

So, basically Marriott distinguishes between Marriott owners there on exchange, on AC, renters, guests, etc in terms of the golf packages?

ronmhjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Big Matt for explaining how the golf works. I am in the process of closing on a Manor Club - Sequel. So, if you are a Marriot owner do you get free golf at any of the other Marriott location that have golf?

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
First, golf is not really "free" anywhere. You have to pay about $30 (they call it a "cart fee"). Second, you don't get free golf anywhere else other than Heritage in HHI, to my knowlege (and there, free is $30/round, too). Your golf deal does not transer anywhere else--it is a deal Marriott has with Fords Colony CC.

dash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt

Regarding the Six rounds for a 2br and the 3 rounds for the 1br, is that per unit or per person?

Thanks

Dash

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club
Golf is per unit.

I think the split is 4 rounds for a 1 bedroom, and 2 for a studio.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have gotten golf with ac's several times. We are Marriott owners.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very curious as I have an AC week in Oct that would be great for some golf.

Although, someone mentioned the Marriott Owners card. I do not have one of these but purchased last year. How else could I prove I am an owner? Bring my paperwork? Or show them my II account?

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not what the rules say, but generally the Manor Club folks are nice to owners. I've done the same. Not when the AC is from my other resort though.

We have gotten golf with ac's several times. We are Marriott owners.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant to say per unit. It is definitely per unit.

Also, something that can get you is that you can only use two rounds per day. That rules out a foursome.

Matt, are you sying that each person in the unit gets 2, 4, or 6 rounds of golf? I thought it was per unit.

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score

Marriott`s Manor Club at Ford`s Colony

Enjoy Exceptional Golf at this semi-private Country club

Ford’s Colony Country Club features 54 holes with three distinct championship courses designed by Dan Maples Blackheath, Blue Heron and Marsh Hawk.

Blackheath

The Blackheath course opened in its current form in 1999 and is the most picturesque of the three courses with water coming into play on 13 holes. Every green on the Blackheath course is guarded by bunkers. The course also features many doglegs with undulating fairways. The Blackheath course is the only course at Ford’s Colony that plays to a par 71.

Blue Heron

The Blue Heron course opened with its current configuration in 1999. It is a continuous eighteen that has long challenging par 3s and par 5s. The Blue Heron has large generous fairways carved out of dense wetlands. The course has new Champion Bermuda greens which provide the smoothest surfaces throughout the year. The Blue Heron is the longest of the three courses and also contains many different species of birds, fish and other wildlife.

Marsh Hawk

The Marsh Hawk course opened in 1985 with traditional tree-lined fairways. It has small undulating greens with strategically placed bunkers. The narrow fairways, well-placed bunkers, natural lakes, and elevation changes are the defenses of this course. Marsh Hawk was the host of the 1998 and 1999 Virginia State Opens, a Monday Qualifier for the 2005 – 2007 Henrico County Open and a Monday Qualifier for the PGA Tour’s Michelob Championship for 12 straight years.

Marriott`s Manor Club at Ford`s Colony Williamsburg, Virginia
Marriott Vacation Club ® Printable Online Resort Map (pdf)