• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manhatten club in mid June ?

jjking42

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,905
Reaction score
513
Points
474
Location
Nevada
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I have an exchange via RCI for mid June. According to the RCI website I need to wait until 30 days prior to cancel for Covid.

Anyone closer to NYC think we have a chance of actually going in June.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
9,856
Reaction score
4,241
Points
648
Location
Houston, TX
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have W57th in July and I am unsure about that too. 1) if it is OK in NYC, and 2) am I OK with things. Don't know either at this point.
 

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
9,039
Reaction score
2,281
Points
648
Location
New England Coast
I have an exchange via RCI for mid June. According to the RCI website I need to wait until 30 days prior to cancel for Covid.
Anyone closer to NYC think we have a chance of actually going in June.

630 people died from COVID-19 yesterday alone (04/04/2020) in NYC. Do the math; that's one person dying every 2 minutes.
Projections are that the peak there has not nearly been reached and that the worst is still yet to come.

Mid-June may be 60+ days away, but I personally wouldn't even consider setting foot in or near NYC for a long time yet. YMMV.
 
Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
1,611
Points
599
Location
Northern Virginia
New York is the center of the COVID 19 universe. It will most certainly get much worse there. I would suggest that people will probably be able to begin normal living situations there in 6-12 months.
 

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
19,380
Reaction score
10,227
Points
1,198
Location
New Mexico
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We had planned to go to NYC at the beginning of October. Dh is already saying he's not sure he wants to go then.
 

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,649
Reaction score
1,378
Points
598
Location
NJ
We live just outside NYC and commuted there for many years, and under normal circumstances we visit a couple of times a month. I'm afraid I don't expect to go back until the fall at the earliest.
 

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
1,652
Reaction score
849
Points
323
Location
Sacramento, CA
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
HGVC New York resorts are currently blocked out through May 25.
 

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
6,781
Reaction score
9,969
Points
499
Location
Florida
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have an exchange via RCI for mid June. According to the RCI website I need to wait until 30 days prior to cancel for Covid.

Anyone closer to NYC think we have a chance of actually going in June.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many of my loved ones live in NYC. I wish I could go see them in mid June.

IMO No way will it be safe for you to go or for the city to have you come. Good chance the hotel will still be closed. Plus even if opened I doubt the tourist draws will be open.
 

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
4,005
Reaction score
342
Points
468
jjking42

Q: Manhatten club in mid June ?

Cancel - Don`t take a chance - Stay Home - Protect yourself and your family

NY; Coronavirus

Cases, Hospitalizations and Deaths

Cases:64,955
Total hospitalized*:14,205
Deaths:2,472
As of:04/05/2020, 5:00pm
 

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
5,975
Reaction score
2,876
Points
648
Location
Florida
jjking42

Q: Manhatten club in mid June ?

Cancel - Don`t take a chance - Stay Home - Protect yourself and your family

NY; Coronavirus
Cases, Hospitalizations and Deaths
Cases:64,955
Total hospitalized*:14,205
Deaths:2,472
As of:04/05/2020, 5:00pm



Plan on all those figures to go up substantially (the sad truth) ...................



.
 

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
19,380
Reaction score
10,227
Points
1,198
Location
New Mexico
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh said yesterday we are definitely cancelling our trip to NYC in October. I'm still kind of "wait and see", but if he feels strongly about it, we'll cancel. We've been going every Fall for the last few years, so it's not like it's a once in a lifetime trip. The week in Newport, RI would have been nice, but I basically booked that because I could get a timeshare. Dh and I are both in the age bracket where we need to be more cautious, and he has several health issues. Also, if all goes as planned he will have surgery in September and might not really feel like traveling in early October anyway. The surgery was supposed to be on March 24, but that got changed.
 

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,287
Reaction score
289
Points
443
Location
Anacortes, WA
We have a week scheduled in October. If things don’t improve significantly, we will cancel
 

jjking42

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,905
Reaction score
513
Points
474
Location
Nevada
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I cancelled my flights but can’t cancel with RCI yet. Need to wait until the open those dates for free cancelation


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
4,867
Reaction score
334
Points
468
Location
Central NJ
I live in Central NJ and live about 25 miles from Manhattan. I watch the New York City news Every night and my heart breaks for those people. I feel sorry for the people who must work in essential jobs and must take public transportation to do so. I feel sorry for the medical staff that risk their own lives to help those in need during this pandemic. I feel sorry for all the first responders who leave their families to go out and help others in grave need of their help. And I feel sorry for those who have lost the fight with this horrible disease.

We in NJ are incurring our own healthcare crisis and it looks like it’s going to get worse—for a couple of weeks at least, before it gets better. I live in a town where more than 50% of the residents are over 65. This people in this older population, like myself for example, live in one of the many, many active retirements developments here. We all know that the death toll is bad now— but we’ve been told that (in our age group) we can expect it to get—much worse—very quickly.
 

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2018
Messages
2,312
Reaction score
1,458
Points
274
Location
Washington, DC
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I would wait and see. Decent chance you will need to cancel, but if you look at some of the projection models, New York will have its peak and clear up earlier than many other places. I would definitely wait until within a month to cancel and see if you can get your exchange fee back then. Keeping the reservation now, maximizes your ability to make an informed decision closer to travel time.
 

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,875
Reaction score
266
Points
418
Location
USA
I would wait and see. Decent chance you will need to cancel, but if you look at some of the projection models, New York will have its peak and clear up earlier than many other places. I would definitely wait until within a month to cancel and see if you can get your exchange fee back then. Keeping the reservation now, maximizes your ability to make an informed decision closer to travel time.

I also am taking a "wait and see" approach with my MC exchange for August. It's so hard to get a penthouse exchange there...so I will wait until last minute to decide.
 

CPNY

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2019
Messages
7,533
Reaction score
4,405
Points
349
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have an exchange via RCI for mid June. According to the RCI website I need to wait until 30 days prior to cancel for Covid.

Anyone closer to NYC think we have a chance of actually going in June.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in nyc. Cases are declining and people have been adhering to social distancing. By mid June you may find things closed or people re emerging. I’d be more worried about the politics than the virus at this point. Our governor is doing his press conference now, it’s less about what’s happening and now he’s just talking on about the governments response. Not to get political as it’s not allowed but as I’m listening to this press conference I have a positive outlook that he’s only spending 35 seconds on the “numbers” and now he’s talking about Italy and Iran. Again, he’s now playing politics rather than talking about the current situation. So in reality that’s a good sign. He is addressing how we re open. It’s a shame because mid June is a wonderful Time to be in NYC. But I would cancel if I were you. Play it safe.
 
Top