• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mandatory 14 day quarantine on flight connections?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
With states going in and out of mandating 14 day quarantine from travelers from certain covid “hotspots”, it’s hard to keep up! If you find yourself connecting by air in a state that requires a 14 day quarantine, would you be exempt if you are forwarding on and not leaving the airport? If you, say, have a 2 hour flight connection, can they now require you to stop and quarantine for 14 days?

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I'm not sure about the USA but in Canada if you have a layover and stay in the airport no quarantine is needed until you reach your final destination. I don't know how any Health Dept or Gov't could make somebody quarantine for 14 days in the middle of a flight. Friends flew from Mexico into Toronto in late March with a short layover before flying on home to Ottawa and the only time quarantine was mentioned was when they landed in Ottawa, they were told to go directly home, not use public transit, and then quarantine at home for 14 days (which they did).

~Diane

BagsArePacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
With states going in and out of mandating 14 day quarantine from travelers from certain covid “hotspots”, it’s hard to keep up! If you find yourself connecting by air in a state that requires a 14 day quarantine, would you be exempt if you are forwarding on and not leaving the airport? If you, say, have a 2 hour flight connection, can they now require you to stop and quarantine for 14 days?

Yes, you are exempt. Connecting passengers may remain in the airport and make their connection.

Travelers will be subject to final destination quarantine rules.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't see where there would be a quarantine at a connection airport. I think the bigger questions is, what if you are connecting through a restricted state. Say flying from Ohio to Florida but connecting in New York. Are you required to quarantine in FL upon arrival?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see where there would be a quarantine at a connection airport. I think the bigger questions is, what if you are connecting through a restricted state. Say flying from Ohio to Florida but connecting in New York. Are you required to quarantine in FL upon arrival?
Hopefully as you were in a patri dish with others from said state. At the moment direct flights are best but not as practical logistic wise.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Hopefully as you were in a patri dish with others from said state. At the moment direct flights are best but not as practical logistic wise.
And in many cases non stop, direct flights aren't there. The one our dd used from San Jose, CA to Albuquerque, NM has been "temporarily" discontinued.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

I think you got your example backwards. Florida going to New York needs to quarantine. New York got thinks under control.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the best advice is not to fly and stay at home. LOL.